You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Very well played to OYNUTTER

scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Played a very good final table, extremely aggressive so much so that I barely played a hand cos he was to my right.

It ended up me and him HU. Final Hand...very well done but I wanted to have the tournie named after me next week :( sad about that

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceoynutterSmall blind 3000.003000.00269350.70scotty77Big blind 6000.009000.0076649.30 Your hole cards22   oynutterAll-in 269350.70278350.700.00scotty77All-in 76649.30355000.000.00Flop  4Q6   Turn  K   River  J   scotty77Show22   oynutterShow10K   oynutterWinPair of Kings355000.00 355000.0

Comments

• Options
    GoodReadsGoodReads Member Posts: 202
    edited October 2009
    UL Scotty an wp but if there was anyone else you could choose for it to be there couldnt be a better candidate

NICE ONE OYNUTTER!!
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited October 2009
    very well played to you too scotty--brilliant stuff!!--and well played to idjuit, who was very unlucky not to knock me out in third---last three (as always) was a great shoot out---i was aggressive in final four, but only enough to hold my own (lol)-- you and idjuit were matching me shot for shot---fantastic game--cheers lads--and all who played---these deepies are blooming marvellous value---init?---cant wait for the OYNUTTER deep stack--n1--next time eh scotty--i hate calling allin with 22--but sometimes you just have to do it--unlucky mate--shoving me off that a-10 was a great move--you really played a brave game---see ya next week!!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Very well played to OYNUTTER:
    UL Scotty an wp but if there was anyone else you could choose for it to be there couldnt be a better candidate NICE ONE OYNUTTER!!
    Posted by MrMagooo
    cheers mrmagooo---thanks for the railing--sorry i had to stop chattin for a while there--the final table was pretty even at one stage and i was concentrating like a nutter-lol--i love it when players come on to rail ---shows what a great bunch we have here---great fun --cheers again mate--see you in the OYNUTTER
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I know I think I coulda folded.  I had 12bb so not in terrible danger but it was HU and you had so many chips that you would call me pretty light so I woulda needed to pick up a big hand fast to have any chance of winning.

I know I'm racing for my tournie life, but 22 hold up the same to KT as 99 would have it doesn't make much difference.

Once you flop your monster flop with FD + overs I know its bye bye me :(

I came 4th in the main event Bounty Hunter tonight, kinda sucks I want a win for once!!!

• Options
    edited October 2009
    yeh--it was an awful dilemma alright--jeez--not a clue what i would have done--sometimes in similar situations i wait untill the last quarter of a second to call, hoping that my slow connection will make the decision for me (internet gods-lol)--as you suggest there, no problem calling with 99, instant call---but 22 just seems so much more dodgy--have to ask merenovice to find out what the actual difference is, odds wise--not a lot though surely---
      well played in bounty hunter too mate--n1-id say a win cant be far away--still--nice to cash twice in one night at that standard--well done indeed mate---see you in the deepies--good luck, and thanks for the great game
  • Options
    LMLLML Member Posts: 1,708
    edited October 2009
    Well done Boys!! And Congratulations Oynutter!

xx
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    There is a small difference as 22 is liable to be counterfieted by double paired boards, but its not much.

The only hand I'm in trouble against is a bigger pocket pair and that makes up a tiny party of your range.

A case can be made for folding tho def
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Well done Boys!! And Congratulations Oynutter! xx
    Posted by LML
    Thanks and very well played. 
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Well done Boys!! And Congratulations Oynutter! xx
    Posted by LML
      Cheers lisa---well played you too--great game these deepies--you done loads better than a certain other member of staff that may as well remain nameless---lol---only messin ya me ole nameless person-- well done lisa--hope to see you in many more of these--good luck at the tables
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    There is a small difference as 22 is liable to be counterfieted by double paired boards, but its not much. The only hand I'm in trouble against is a bigger pocket pair and that makes up a tiny party of your range. A case can be made for folding tho def
    Posted by scotty77
    yeh--you're right there scotty--not sure but i think i may have been very slight favorite against 22 but slight dog to 99--at the end of the day though its a 50/50 race that we are happy to run in at that stage with 12 bbs---im calling a shove from you if i got any king with that chip lead ---so a race with 22 was good play really --just unlucky mate--these final tables are usually a series of coin tosses because the blinds dictate it--i was a lucky---lucky-- bar person-----lol
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited October 2009
    There is a small difference as 22 is liable to be counterfieted by double paired boards, but its not much. The only hand I'm in trouble against is a bigger pocket pair and that makes up a tiny party of your range. A case can be made for folding tho def
    Posted by scotty77
    The other issue with 99 (as opposed to 22) is that you are way ahead of hands like A8-A2 which are all in oynutter's range.
    Mind you, I suspect that Mrs. Bun the Baker and a bridge card are in oynutter's range.
    Against a nutter who will be calling your later shoves pretty light (I'm guessing) then I wouldn't fold 22 here.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Very well played to OYNUTTER : The other issue with 99 (as opposed to 22) is that you are way ahead of hands like A8-A2 which are all in oynutter's range. Mind you, I suspect that Mrs. Bun the Baker and a bridge card are in oynutter's range. Against a nutter who will be calling your later shoves pretty light (I'm guessing) then I wouldn't fold 22 here.
    Posted by MereNovice
    excuse me mr mere, with scotty on approx 75k my calling range would be any good king or perhaps j-q at a push, only if he dipped below 33k would i call him with mrs bun the baker and a bridge card---lol---n1 though---love it

ps. i would also like you to consider the possibility that i am actually, probably not a nutter--lol---thanks mate
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Very well played to OYNUTTER : excuse me mr mere, with scotty on approx 75k my calling range would be any good king or perhaps j-q at a push, only if he dipped below 33k would i call him with mrs bun the baker and a bridge card---lol---n1 though---love it   ps. i would also like you to consider the possibility that i am actually, probably not a nutter--lol---thanks mate
    Posted by oynutter
    Sorry mate, got you confused with NoseyBonk.
    Ooops, that's another libel suit for me.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Very well played to OYNUTTER : Sorry mate, got you confused with NoseyBonk. Ooops, that's another libel suit for me.
    Posted by MereNovice
    no probs mate---scotty made a great move on me a little earlier on the final table--he got me to fold a-10 by reraising all in with k-9---so i knew what he was capable of and that he has the bottle---this fact might lower my range a bit, and the level of aggression with three players left was such that he could easily have put me on mrs bun the baker and a bridge card and called with k-8--q-10 ect----which was the thinking behind my push with k-10 suited---i could just about afford to double him up as i would still have him covered----so i just thought---flop it----after alll----i am a nutter---lol
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573
    edited October 2009

Well done Mr Bun The Baker - sorry, I mean Mr Nutter.

And as you say, these Deepies, as well as being excellent for playing & learning "proper poker", are just so much fun. Any night I'm not working I'm in them, & I really look forward to them.

And tonight I'm not working, so I'll be playing tonight. Bring it on!
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited October 2009
    well played NUTTER,a great personality and very well loved and respected on this site.I myself always enjoy your company at my table.GL my friend 
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Well done Mr Bun The Baker - sorry, I mean Mr Nutter. And as you say, these Deepies, as well as being excellent for playing & learning "proper poker", are just so much fun. Any night I'm not working I'm in them, & I really look forward to them. And tonight I'm not working, so I'll be playing tonight. Bring it on!
    Posted by Tikay10
    nice one tikay--cheers--yeh, these tournies really are the best fun you can hope to have for a fiver--unless you live down by the docks--lol---great for newcomers to the site--they get to know people and see how friendly we are---and as you say--its the best way by far to learn how to play a good game---good luck with the 22 deepy--thanks again--gl tonight
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    well played NUTTER,a great personality and very well loved and respected on this site.I myself always enjoy your company at my table.GL my friend 
    Posted by dav1964
      Thanks a million chips dave!!---was really touched when i read that post--have been a bit down this last week but feel loads better now-- you've really cheered me up there---thanks mate i'm in great form now--we do av a larf sometimes eh-- hope to see you on the tables soon mate--good luck to you---hope to see you tonight in the 7pm--thanks again--oynutter
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    edited October 2009
    SPOONS

And very well done :)

• Options
    edited October 2009
    SPOONS And very well done :)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    cheers noseybonk--my mate plays the spoons too!!--did you read the post by merenovice?--libel cases can be very lucrative and i think you may have a case there---on second thoughts-----spoons------lol------cheers mate---good luck at the tables