You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Site down tomorrow morning 4.15 am - 9am

Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
hi guys,

as the headline says....

the poker site will be down from 4.15 am to 9am.

check back in the morning after 9 for some very exciting new poker releases.

more detail to follow shortly...

Comments

• Options
    rawhandrawhand Member Posts: 437
    edited October 2009
    Hi below link does not seem to work

http://www.skypoker.com/

I went throgh the help centre then clicked NEW and then sky poker community to get here please advise.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    hey,

i'm not entirely sure what's going wrong for you here. apologies if i'm being dense...

are you trying to get to the main sky poker homepage?

if so while here in the community just click 'home' at the top of the left hand navigation menu.

does that help?

let me know if i can help further.

Rich
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited October 2009
    I clicked on the main site link and was taken to the out of service page too; this was while I was playing at the same time.  After a couple of minutes it came back up.

Now Rich where are the more details!  Or are you gonna keep us all in suspense until 9am tomorrow?!
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited October 2009
    i had same problem rich--but its fine again now--temporary gliche i think---welcome back--hope hols were good--hows the bingo going?--lol
  • Options
    rawhandrawhand Member Posts: 437
    edited October 2009

Hi
    have you clicked the link? did it work for you? the only way i got here is the way i explained

site is displaying out of service.

rawhand

• Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited October 2009
    i usually use the link in my browser history---this said out of service------then i tried the link in my bookmarks (favorites) and that worked fine---strange gliche somewhere
  • Options
    RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, I logged on around 5.05pm and got a front screen message saying the site was down for maintenance. It's working again now, however nobody at Sky Poker were aware of any problems. The boffins at HQ said the site was working fine all the way through that time period coz they were on it.

So it looks like it only affected a few people.

Weird...
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    hi guys,

thanks for letting us know about this one. you may have experienced a minor technical glitch but everything should be ok now.

apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Rich
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Site down tomorrow morning 4.15 am - 9am:
    Yeah, I logged on around 5.05pm and got a front screen message saying the site was down for maintenance. It's working again now, however nobody at Sky Poker were aware of any problems. The boffins at HQ said the site was working fine all the way through that time period coz they were on it. So it looks like it only affected a few people. Weird...
    Posted by RichOrford
    me too
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited October 2009
    hi guys, thanks for letting us know about this one. you may have experienced a minor technical glitch but everything should be ok now. apologies for any inconvenience caused. Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich
    The problem does'nt seem to be resolved. if you open internet exlporer browser for the first time and type www.skypoker.com you are sent to this page http://www.skypoker.com/outofservice.html

We then clicked on help - New - and then the forums link which seems to be the only way to get.

Pokertrev
  • Options
    chelschels Member Posts: 149
    edited October 2009
    same here, i had to find an old email from sky to get on lol
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Site down tomorrow morning 4.15 am - 9am:
    hi guys, as the headline says.... the poker site will be down from 4.15 am to 9am. check back in the morning after 9 for some very exciting new poker releases. more detail to follow shortly...
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    This is a blatant attempt to rig the timing of the 200 millionth hand for the competition. ;-)
    I spent hours doing intense calculations in order to determine the precise time of the hand to the nearest nano-second.

I demand my entry fee back.

(Oh, it was a freebie)
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    This just aint fair lol. i entered the guess the time of the 200millionth hand, i used all my phsychic powers to calculate the time and now your closing the site for 4.75 hours. I think we should all be able to adjust our times accordingly lol
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Site down tomorrow morning 4.15 am - 9am : This is a blatant attempt to rig the timing of the 200 millionth hand for the competition. ;-) I spent hours doing intense calculations in order to determine the precise time of the hand to the nearest nano-second. I demand my entry fee back. (Oh, it was a freebie)
    Posted by MereNovice
    You must be daft then because you chose a different time to me!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Site down tomorrow morning 4.15 am - 9am : You must be daft then because you chose a different time to me!!!!
    Posted by loonytoons
    I think that there's a fair chance that one of us is daft. ;-)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Site down tomorrow morning 4.15 am - 9am : I think that there's a fair chance that one of us is daft. ;-)
    Posted by MereNovice
    I go 4/6 both.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Site down tomorrow morning 4.15 am - 9am : I go 4/6 both.
    Posted by Tikay10
    id go 1/5 were both daft
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited October 2009
    Hi Rich

Nooooooooooooooooo, you cant do this, I was going to enter 50,000 tournies from 4.30 till 8.45 plus all the sng,s
    *Terms and conditions apply
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Site down tomorrow morning 4.15 am - 9am : id go 1/5 were both daft
    Posted by loonytoons
    I'll have a tenner at 1/5 please - Tikay's odds were far too generous. Suspicious, I thought.

What do you mean, I'm not allowed to bet on events that I'm taking part in???