You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Im running so cold i may freeze

razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi all anyone got some heat, im on a really cold run quads getting beat , 3 under sets , and in the d/stack 4 crucial hands all get rivered this isnt a moan but is it best to have time out or carry on until i get hot ur comments would be appreciated many thx

Comments

• Options
    TENOFSPADETENOFSPADE Member Posts: 426
    edited October 2009

U ALWAYS SAY UR TAKING TIME OUT KEV, BUT U NEVER DO ,IM NOT HAVING A GO M8 ,BUT MAYB DO TAKE SOME TIME OUT  ,GO DOWN THE PUB ,GO FOR A WALK ,GO DOWN THE GYM ,WHATEVER ......I THINK 3 OR 4 DAYS B GOOD 4 U

• Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited October 2009
    Re-read some poker books.
    Go thru the hand history function and be critical over hands that you have played.
    Try new things out on some low level SnGs.

OFC it may just be being hit by a cold deck, however when these thins happen to us we then start playing bad and doing things we wouldn't ususally do.  Being honest with yourself about your game is the fastest and most effective way of getting out of the 'cold deck' mindset.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited October 2009
    I hear the freezers hot this time of year, maybe take some tips off him ;-)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Im running so cold i may freeze:
    U ALWAYS SAY UR TAKING TIME OUT KEV, BUT U NEVER DO ,IM NOT HAVING A GO M8 ,BUT MAYB DO TAKE SOME TIME OUT  ,GO DOWN THE PUB ,GO FOR A WALK ,GO DOWN THE GYM ,WHATEVER ......I THINK 3 OR 4 DAYS B GOOD 4 U
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    m8 ive just had 2 weeks off tho
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Re-read some poker books. Go thru the hand history function and be critical over hands that you have played. Try new things out on some low level SnGs. OFC it may just be being hit by a cold deck, however when these thins happen to us we then start playing bad and doing things we wouldn't ususally do.  Being honest with yourself about your game is the fastest and most effective way of getting out of the 'cold deck' mindset.
    Posted by scotty77
    tbh not much i could do in any of the hands flop set 3 times in a day lose to a higher flopped set, then i flop quads n lose to runner runner for his quads so im playing well just not getting any of the poker g od scenario.
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009
    Come on over and have a warm, I'm running the best I have done since I got here.

No touchy, touchy though!!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Come on over and have a warm, I'm running the best I have done since I got here. No touchy, touchy though!!
    Posted by Hale72
    ty
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Im running so cold i may freeze : ty
    Posted by razorkev
    hiya razor m8 ad a bad nite myself been rivered 5 times in crucial hands over 2 diff tournys.Just 1 of them days.sigh LOL gl pal
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Im running so cold i may freeze : tbh not much i could do in any of the hands flop set 3 times in a day lose to a higher flopped set, then i flop quads n lose to runner runner for his quads so im playing well just not getting any of the poker g od scenario.
    Posted by razorkev
    thats just it.  you are look at the hands that took you out of the tournie.  just because you got felted by a cold deck doesn't meant that you are playing well.

the biggest hurdle to take when it comes to poker is to swallow pride and say ok im playing bad.  i realise when im playing bad, and do things to correct it.

sticking your head in the sand and saying over and over again i lost quads over quads isn't gonna help.

EDIT:  However if you really think that your game is going good atm, and you are just on the end of some serious variance smashing, then change nothing as the variance will even it all out and you'll take down a nice cash/win soon.  Tournie poker has a strong element of luck, and it is not uncommon to go 100 tournies without a cash.  Mentally that is very tough so you just gotta find a way to deal with it.
  • Options
    SolarCarroSolarCarro Member Posts: 2,273
    edited October 2009
    Big Solar hugs Kev, know the feeling but you are a class act and the cream always rises to the top, keep your strategy and play your game and you know its all down to variance, take a break again and put it all down to a bad night, it happens and you will be back, you have helped my game no end so don't forget you are loved and we all want you playing well on Sky and staying as a respected member of the community.

Dave
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    All is well i won a hand yippee,, on a serious im still playing same game in torns slight variance in cash so lets see how that goes im gonna be hot hot soon.. b lukky
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited October 2009
    LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE KEV THE SUPER HOOPS ARE RUNNING SUPER HOT.
    ALTHOUGH GIVING READING A PLAYER ADVANTAGE FOR A HOUR AND STILL WIPING THE FLOOR WITH THEM MAY BE CLASSED AS JUST SHOWING OFF!