You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

20k pot @ 250/500, Final table, and also bubble.

DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,926
edited April 2011 in Brags, Beats and Variance

Great time for a 2 outer.

Prob cost me at least £65 (13xbuy ins) sob.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
ghastly Small blind  250.00 250.00 34957.50
DOHHHHHHH Big blind  500.00 750.00 8495.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

FLASHJONNY Fold     
VINCE1957 Fold     
doyouwanti Fold     
NeedaName Raise  1000.00 1750.00 18111.25
ghastly Call  750.00 2500.00 34207.50
DOHHHHHHH Raise  2000.00 4500.00 6495.00
NeedaName Call  1500.00 6000.00 16611.25
ghastly Fold     
Flop

• K

DOHHHHHHH Bet  2500.00 8500.00 3995.00
NeedaName Call  2500.00 11000.00 14111.25
Turn

DOHHHHHHH All-in  3995.00 14995.00 0.00
NeedaName Call  3995.00 18990.00 10116.25
DOHHHHHHH Show
  • A
  • A

NeedaName Show
  • J
  • J

River

• J

NeedaName Win Three Jacks 18990.00  29106.25
I CAN THINK OF A FEW NAMES FOR YA YOU ********************

Comments

• Options
    YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    edited April 2011

lol i know how this feels so many times either on bubble or heads up grrrrrrrrrrrrr for ya lol

• Options
    donkeyplopdonkeyplop Member Posts: 3,795
    edited April 2011
    Tell me about it, I had a night of it last night!
  • Options
    NeedaNameNeedaName Member Posts: 37
    edited April 2011

as soon as this hand happened i knew it would go on here and it deserves to get shown as i got totally outplayed in the hand and yes i will admit i got Very Lucky However i did have a hand i felt was ahead and ill try and explain my thinking on my decision if it helps:

Okay pre-flop i thought i'd slow play the J's and see where i am after the flop, it went round to Dohhhhh and he raised min so i had him on something like a smaller pocket pair eg 10's as i was thinking if he had a huge pair he would get it in pre as he was short stacked.

Okay flop was K high and he bet 2500 into a 6000 pot now at this point i was going to raise all in however if he did have his smallish pair he may fold so wanted him to do the betting again. AA KK didnt go through my head as i assumed he would go all in after flop as it was a flush possible board so i called assuming he was on 10's 9's.

The Turn was a 8 and he went all in. I did think about him being on a over pair than my J's but i talked myself into he would go all-in pre so had him on 10's or mabi something like AQ of hearts and not AK as i again assumed he would go all-in pre.

Okay we all know what happened next , however i was just wanting to get my point across as i feel i ain't a fish of a player even though that 1 hand may say otherwise and to basically say sorry that i got lucky. On a final note i feel i may have to adapt my play as i have a STRONG tendancy to not be able to fold pocket face cards even though i feel i may be behind as i talk myself into playing them as they cannot possibly have a K or A.  But in this case i didnt have him on the overcard at the time because of his betting so was adament it was a smaller pair and thats why i called. I know its probably not going to help in any way but just wanted to let you know what i was thinking even though looking back it was totally wrong.

• Options
    edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: 20k pot @ 250/500, Final table, and also bubble.:
    as soon as this hand happened i knew it would go on here and it deserves to get shown as i got totally outplayed in the hand and yes i will admit i got Very Lucky However i did have a hand i felt was ahead and ill try and explain my thinking on my decision if it helps:   Okay pre-flop i thought i'd slow play the J's and see where i am after the flop, it went round to Dohhhhh and he raised min so i had him on something like a smaller pocket pair eg 10's as i was thinking if he had a huge pair he would get it in pre as he was short stacked. Okay flop was K high and he bet 2500 into a 6000 pot now at this point i was going to raise all in however if he did have his smallish pair he may fold so wanted him to do the betting again. AA KK didnt go through my head as i assumed he would go all in after flop as it was a flush possible board so i called assuming he was on 10's 9's. The Turn was a 8 and he went all in. I did think about him being on a over pair than my J's but i talked myself into he would go all-in pre so had him on 10's or mabi something like AQ of hearts and not AK as i again assumed he would go all-in pre. Okay we all know what happened next , however i was just wanting to get my point across as i feel i ain't a fish of a player even though that 1 hand may say otherwise and to basically say sorry that i got lucky. On a final note i feel i may have to adapt my play as i have a STRONG tendancy to not be able to fold pocket face cards even though i feel i may be behind as i talk myself into playing them as they cannot possibly have a K or A.  But in this case i didnt have him on the overcard at the time because of his betting so was adament it was a smaller pair and thats why i called. I know its probably not going to help in any way but just wanted to let you know what i was thinking even though looking back it was totally wrong.
    Posted by NeedaName
    No problem dude I didn't post it to critisise you.

Just a very bad beat at a very bad time.

I'm surprised you didn't re-raise me to get it all in pre flop?

How did you end up in the tournament? Who won?
  • Options
    NeedaNameNeedaName Member Posts: 37
    edited April 2011

I was going to go all-in pre but i was being to passive so should probably learn to go with my instincts and just make the right play instead of being passive.

Emmm i kinda won the tourney was up against other player who had 1/3 more chips than me so just slow-played pre and he always over bet so i just went all in and all the time it worked.So he kinda Bleeded  2/3 of his stack to me and won soon after. Cannot remember his name but he was big stack when you were there.

• Options
    edited April 2011

My chips always win in the end ;)

(it's obv impossible for them not to but u no wat I mean!

Good result, wp. Hope to see you in a few more.
  • Options
    RaiseGameRaiseGame Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2011
    Standard Stuff for me : )