You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

no more poker for me..EVER

BURNShurtzBURNShurtz Member Posts: 1,005
edited May 2011 in Brags, Beats and Variance
ive had enough now, THERE IS NO SKILL TO POKER, IT IS AND ALWAYS BE DOWN TO LUCK.
iv tried my hardest to get better and for what??? to always lose my buy in. i dosnt matter if im ahead or if im behind i cant win no matter what i do.
this made it easy to leave, this was my last buyin left
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
BURNShurtz Small blind  150.00 150.00 2010.00
Leyster Big blind  300.00 450.00 2107.50
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

redstar767 Fold     
herbert1 Call  300.00 750.00 4585.00
BURNShurtz All-in  2010.00 2760.00 0.00
Leyster Fold     
herbert1 Call  1860.00 4620.00 2725.00
BURNShurtz Show
  • Q
  • A

herbert1 Show
  • K

Flop

• K

Turn

River

herbert1 Win Pair of Kings 4620.00  7345.00

Comments

• Options
    TENOFSPADETENOFSPADE Member Posts: 426
    edited May 2011
    HI BURNSHURTZ,EVEN THE PROS DON'T LIKE BEING PUT ALLIN ,THEY WANT TO PLAY THE STREETS ........YES ,YOU GOT IT IN GOOD ,BUT YOU ARE ONLY A SLIGHT FAVORITE ,TO WIN THE HAND ...............THE GUY ,GOT LUCKY ,THAT IS ALL ,OBVIOUSLY YOU CANT PLAY THE STREETS HERE ,BUT YOU GOT IT IN GOOD ,AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS......................................WHEN WE GET IT AIPF. POKER IS A GAMBLE ,WHO KNOWS WHAT'S GONNA COME OUT ,ITS IN THE LAP OF THE POKER GODS ,HOPE YOU RUN GOOD SOON ,AND BOOST YOUR BANKROLL,,,TEN
  • Options
    TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited May 2011
    If you feel like that it sounds like you're close to busting your BR...I'd suggest playing through the streets more as ten suggests..something it seems tourny players struggle with.....I used to play a daily freeroll when I first started playing and If I was running good I'd then commit cash..if not i'd leave it for another day..that way you can see how you are running without risking your bankroll

GL what ever you decide

xx
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited May 2011
    Your record on skope shows you as a pretty solid performer over a fairly large sample size.

You have just dropped into the minus slightly after a bad run, but you would be classed as a break even player.

Alot would be happy to be able to play poker for free, I dunno if you're 1 of those or not but it's not as bad as you are making out......
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: no more poker for me..EVER:
    Your record on skope shows you as a pretty solid performer over a fairly large sample size. You have just dropped into the minus slightly after a bad run, but you would be classed as a break even player. Alot would be happy to be able to play poker for free, I dunno if you're 1 of those or not but it's not as bad as you are making out......
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    sometimes i think i just need a good slap. im getting so confused when i play which i wasnt 10 months or so ago. the last 3-4weeks have totaly got to me, i just cant seem to make anything happen. im afraid to play my strong hands becouse of this fear of being outdrawn so not taking advantage when i do get them. im floating from being tight to super loose without relizing it and making some really stupid decisions.  ive lost complete control of any game which i did have and now after 3 years my BR is gone and dont know if i should make a deposit and start again or just not play.  
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    HI BURNSHURTZ,EVEN THE PROS DON'T LIKE BEING PUT ALLIN ,THEY WANT TO PLAY THE STREETS ........YES ,YOU GOT IT IN GOOD ,BUT YOU ARE ONLY A SLIGHT FAVORITE ,TO WIN THE HAND ...............THE GUY ,GOT LUCKY ,THAT IS ALL ,OBVIOUSLY YOU CANT PLAY THE STREETS HERE ,BUT YOU GOT IT IN GOOD ,AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS......................................WHEN WE GET IT AIPF. POKER IS A GAMBLE ,WHO KNOWS WHAT'S GONNA COME OUT ,ITS IN THE LAP OF THE POKER GODS ,HOPE YOU RUN GOOD SOON ,AND BOOST YOUR BANKROLL,,,TEN
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    cheers, im in a bad place in my head at mo.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    If you feel like that it sounds like you're close to busting your BR...I'd suggest playing through the streets more as ten suggests..something it seems tourny players struggle with.....I used to play a daily freeroll when I first started playing and If I was running good I'd then commit cash..if not i'd leave it for another day..that way you can see how you are running without risking your bankroll GL what ever you decide xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    thanks, GL to you too and keep safe.
  • Options
    DrSharpDrSharp Member Posts: 1,213
    edited May 2011
    Hi BURNShurtz. I have noticed you tilting over the last week or so on the forum. If you are struggling with your game and have lost confidence, have an extended break from the game. Leave it for a couple of weeks or even a month and clear your head. You will be amazed how much it can clear all that doubt away. Have a break and then you will come back stronger for it.

Might be a bit sad but i find going on tilt on like the 30p DYM's can sometimes get it out of my system. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Hi BURNShurtz. I have noticed you tilting over the last week or so on the forum. If you are struggling with your game and have lost confidence, have an extended break from the game. Leave it for a couple of weeks or even a month and clear your head. You will be amazed how much it can clear all that doubt away. Have a break and then you will come back stronger for it. Might be a bit sad but i find going on tilt on like the 30p DYM's can sometimes get it out of my system. Good luck!
    Posted by DrSharp
    your right Dr, im on a massive tilt and need to get back on track. its hard when you think everything is going against you.
  • Options
    MJXMJX Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2011
    If you are on mega tilt, you need to get a £10k loan and start playing against the likes of Lolufold, LJamesL, Glitterbabe, Sam1986, Offshoot etc. !!  
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,239
    edited May 2011
    I think you have to seperate the feelings your getting when your getting bad beats and when your just playing badly.

I,d rather get knocked out of a tournament from a bad beat than making a mistake and playing it wrong.

I,m still reeling over a hand i lost 2 days ago that cost me. I,m more annoyed with myself for the way i played it and I keep going over it in my head and it really got to me 

But when you get your money in good and are just unlucky - you are doing nothing wrong - you should just make a note on that player and move on. As long as you are playing within your BR you should allow so many bad beats as big downswings happen to every poker player at some point no matter how good you are.

The worse thing you can do is tilt. - Kick the cat or something, but never tilt and your time will come when its you getting the luck

The way you sound at the moment I would definately leave it for x  amount of time - eg If you play every night have a night off - if you play 2-3 times a week , have a week off etc

GL anyway
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited May 2011
    I think you have to seperate the feelings your getting when your getting bad beats and when your just playing badly. I,d rather get knocked out of a tournament from a bad beat than making a mistake and playing it wrong.  I,m still reeling over a hand i lost 2 days ago that cost me. I,m more annoyed with myself for the way i played it and I keep going over it in my head and it really got to me  But when you get your money in good and are just unlucky - you are doing nothing wrong - you should just make a note on that player and move on. As long as you are playing within your BR you should allow so many bad beats as big downswings happen to every poker player at some point no matter how good you are. The worse thing you can do is tilt. - Kick the cat or something, but never tilt and your time will come when its you getting the luck The way you sound at the moment I would definately leave it for x  amount of time - eg If you play every night have a night off - if you play 2-3 times a week , have a week off etc GL anyway
    Posted by MP33
    great post

+1 x 1,000,000
  • Options
    AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited May 2011
    Yeah two great posts by MP33 and DrSharp.

Take a short break from the game and soon you will be itching to get back onto the tables.

Do you mainly play tournaments ?

If you do then as you get deeper into them you will be facing examples that you have posted time and time again.

That's why the variance in poker is usually great in tournaments as you need to dodge a few bullets and win a few races to do well at some point or another.

We've all been in your situation though.

We get unlucky, start to tilt, then bad habits may creep into our game without us noticing, this then results in more losses and then our confidence goes.

• Options
    donkeyplopdonkeyplop Member Posts: 3,795
    edited May 2011
    Just take a break I had such an awful sesh last friday ive decided to have a week away from poker, as I got badly tilted too.

Hopefully I will come back more positive than im feeling right now gl.