You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Manipulating the in play betting markets to ensure you can't possibly lose....

DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
edited May 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat

I have no background on this....Just been thinking....

But do people do it? And even possibly do it for a living?

Was watching the odds change on the in play snooker market and they were changing everytime someone missed a shot. 

Over a best of 35 game, if it's a close encounter, surely it's gonna be possible to make multiple bets on each player to increase the value of your bets overall?

For example say they both start evens. 

Player A goes 2-0 up, and player B drifts to 2/1 You have 1k on player B @ 2/1

It goes to 8-8 and the odds r evens for both again. You have 1k on player A @ evens.

You're now freerolling for a grand and gtd to at least get ur money back overall???

Do people do this???????

(all made up examples but hopefully u see what I'm getting at)

Comments

• Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Manipulating the in play betting markets to ensure you can't possibly lose....:
    ....... I have no background on this....Just been thinking.... But do people do it? And even possibly do it for a living? Was watching the odds change on the in play snooker market and they were changing everytime someone missed a shot.  Over a best of 35 game, if it's a close encounter, surely it's gonna be possible to make multiple bets on each player to increase the value of your bets overall? F or example say they both start evens.  Player A goes 2-0 up, and player B drifts to 2/1 You have 1k on player B @ 2/1 It goes to 8-8 and the odds r evens for both again. You have 1k on player A @ evens. You're now freerolling for a grand and gtd to at least get ur money back overall??? Do people do this??????? (all made up examples but hopefully u see what I'm getting at)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    YesDoh
    People do this on the exchanges all the time.
    Get an account with Betfair and you can even have a bet on a race, when the horses are running.
    In fact you can get a bet on any sport while it is in action.
    wynne
  • Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited May 2011
    i tend to do this through the prem league season ,last year i had 100 on chelsea at 7to2 ,,100 on utd 7to2 and 40 on the mighty GOONERS at 8s,,,you will find early on in the season they can react to one bad result,,i would guess you could get at least 3to1 on chelsea and utd at some point over the last 6 seasons and getting on at the right time is key,,,i always back arsenal before the start at around 8s as they normally start well and utd normally dont and there for drift,
  • Options
    SpikeladSpikelad Member Posts: 406
    edited May 2011

It is possible Dohh to ensure a profit sometimes when using Betfair.If i have an accumulator bet where say i have four selections and my first three are winners then i will lay the last one on Betfair to make sure i get something out of the bet.

The hard bit of course is getting the thre winners in the first place.

• Options
    SHANXTASHANXTA Member Posts: 1,507
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Manipulating the in play betting markets to ensure you can't possibly lose....:
    It is possible Dohh to ensure a profit sometimes when using Betfair.If i have an accumulator bet where say i have four selections and my first three are winners then i will lay the last one on Betfair to make sure i get something out of the bet. The hard bit of course is getting the thre winners in the first place.
    Posted by Spikelad
    this i don't understand, if you're going to do this you may aswell just do a treble

otherwise you're jus costin urself money
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,238
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Manipulating the in play betting markets to ensure you can't possibly lose....:
    ....... I have no background on this....Just been thinking.... But do people do it? And even possibly do it for a living? Was watching the odds change on the in play snooker market and they were changing everytime someone missed a shot.  Over a best of 35 game, if it's a close encounter, surely it's gonna be possible to make multiple bets on each player to increase the value of your bets overall? F or example say they both start evens.  Player A goes 2-0 up, and player B drifts to 2/1 You have 1k on player B @ 2/1 It goes to 8-8 and the odds r evens for both again. You have 1k on player A @ evens. You're now freerolling for a grand and gtd to at least get ur money back overall??? Do people do this??????? (all made up examples but hopefully u see what I'm getting at)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Unreal - its logged me out 2x after writing a long message

a good example of gtd profit is when a high st bookmaker gave enhanced odds of 8/1 on a 1st scorer market and on the exchanges it was 8.0 (7/1 ) so you could bet it at the bookies to win and lay it at 8.3 (7.3/1 ) winning whatever the result, although you have to work it out properly as they take 5% of winnings on the exchanges

its the same in golf as snooker. the odds change after every shot, so if your quick enough and spot a ball while its in the air thats gonna be a good shot you back it  and if it is a good shot the odds will go in and you can lay it

its best to have a lotof money to bet on these things as the percentages you win are marginal and its hard to find better prices than the exchanges on other bookies

i used to like the antepost betting on reality shows, esp big brother, as the odds would come up before anyones even spoken, so i used to pick some outsiders and when there odds would go in i,d lay them off

I,ve sent u a PM if you wanna learn more about this