You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Proper fish

elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
I've been playing tonight with some proper fish

Comments

• Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited October 2009
    Hi Elsadog

Welcome back, good to see you.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hi Barry thnx m8 but I've been lurking in area51 all week
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    where is the photo? im an idiot in suspenders lol
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    You're actually in it loony. The one on the right is called looneytoons.

Edit: sorry 2nd from the right
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    Gold fish? Nice to have you back Alan.

Dave
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Proper fish:
    Gold fish? Nice to have you back Alan. Dave
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Thanx Dave...............your psychic I've been planning my new tank all week and they are finally in tonight. They're whoppers btw biggest is 8 inches.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Anybody know how long goldfish live..............I don't want this to be a posthumous photograph by the time the mods approve it.
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited October 2009
    Anybody know how long goldfish live..............I don't want this to be a posthumous photograph by the time the mods approve it.
    Posted by elsadog
    depends,how many CATS you got? only kiddin,great to have you back.Please come to a deepy soon.OH and gl to you and the FISH
  • Options
    Taller_GuyTaller_Guy Member Posts: 289
    edited October 2009
    Posted by elsadog
    Anything from 2 seconds to an hour depending on how hot the oil is.
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    Not sure - I only ever owned 2, when very young. Won them at the fair. Think one lasted a good few months. ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Posted by elsadog
    Goldfish are actually members of the carp family and have been known to live for 40+ years, however this is debatable cos you get some great attention seekers telling porkies about the ages lol. Ive had goldfish and in general they live for 4-10 years ( as long as you feed them ). My friend took a goldfish back to the pet shop once and told the owner ' i think this goldfish you sold me suffers from epilepsy'. ' it looks calm enough to me sir' said the shop owner. 'yeh but you havn't taken him out for a cuddle yet have you'
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Proper fish : Goldfish are actually members of the carp family and have been known to live for 40+ years, however this is debatable cos you get some great attention seekers telling porkies about the ages lol. Ive had goldfish and in general they live for 4-10 years ( as long as you feed them ). My friend took a goldfish back to the pet shop once and told the owner ' i think this goldfish you sold me suffers from epilepsy'. ' it looks calm enough to me sir' said the shop owner. 'yeh but you havn't taken him out for a cuddle yet have you'
    Posted by loonytoons
    GREAT LOONEY,LOVED THAT TY
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Proper fish : Goldfish are actually members of the carp family and have been known to live for 40+ years, however this is debatable cos you get some great attention seekers telling porkies about the ages lol. Ive had goldfish and in general they live for 4-10 years ( as long as you feed them ). My friend took a goldfish back to the pet shop once and told the owner ' i think this goldfish you sold me suffers from epilepsy'. ' it looks calm enough to me sir' said the shop owner. 'yeh but you havn't taken him out for a cuddle yet have you'
    Posted by loonytoons
    LMAO

I've actually had them 4 years or so, and the average in the right conditions is over 10 years and up to 20 years. The oldest fish I have is Tikay( far right in the photo) and he's the biggest fish in the tank. 2nd from the right is loonytoons and he's like your friends goldfish. 
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I must say they aint like any of my goldfish, they aint even very gold however the 2nd from the right is an attractive fellow.
  • Options
    DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited October 2009

In Response to Proper fish:

Posted by elsadog
    the fish,from left to right.1razorkev,2the mackem,3greghogg,4mickjenn1,

(not in picture) tikay10 and richorford......

• Options
    BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Proper fish:
    Posted by elsadog
    Posted at 10.51 on a Friday night. Assuming you were sober, you were possibly the only one at the table!

Being in the right frame of mind is so important - probably more so than cards, position, everything else. I know that most times I play like an idiot, I'm harassed, tired, distracted, trying to put the nipper to bed....or have put away a bottle of Macallan!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    My fish have never had names. They've always been refered to by the kids as .....Fish, Fish Fish, Fish Fish Fish, .......you get the idea. How about naming them for me, I'll give a true description and you name them.

1. The oldest, biggest, mostly silver with a red jacket along his back. Big but very gentle.

2. The really smart one, feeds from my fingers, watches us more than we watch him. Very gentle and big.

3. The longest fish mainly because he has a huge tail. Silver black and orange. We think he has ADHD, a bit mad around the tank and loves to put his nose where he shouldn't. He should really have a brown nose.

4. The smallest 90% silver with a red cap. Suffering from a nasty bout of fin-rot at the moment. swims with a waddle.

5. A smaller version of no.3. Not so mad but loves to hide behind the rocks and jump out at the others.

6. The youngest and 3rd biggest. All orange we found him in a puddle in the garden when we bought the house. Eats for Britain and loves live food. Hoovers the tank floor with his mouth.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,167
    edited October 2009
    Heyyy little fishies, get into my deep fat fryer..
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Heyyy little fishies, get into my deep fat fryer..
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Any more of that and I'll send the kids round to your place for an afternoon.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,167
    edited October 2009
    EEK! :-/