You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Indian Premier League and English county cricket season.

DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
edited May 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat

Both begin today ! wiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :) (ITV4 for the IPL if you're interested)

Don't normally like to have many big pre season bets on the county cricket, I like to see how teams settle down, and the season is so long, that the odds wont change much for the first few games anyway so makes sense to have a look first.

--------------------------------------------------

The 1 bet I am having though, is obviously Yorkshire to win County Championship division 1. 

Again, this is my traditional bet, backing my home team ftw, but I can honestly say even if I wasn't from Yorkshire I would make this bet. 6/1 is great value, we should have won it last season but for a last day batting collapse in the very last game of the season. 

Rashid looks unlikely to be getting the call up for england yet again, which means he's gonna be available for Yorkshire all season, and with Sidebottom coming back home, alongside Bresnan and Shazhad, we have a world class bowling attack. 

We are also playing the rank outsiders first game of the season, so if we give them a thrashing, that 6/1 wont last long, even though the result will be flattering due to poor opposition.

So Best Bet - YORKSHIRE to win CC Div 1 @ 6/1

-------------------------------------------------------------

IPL is a great watch for 20 20 fanatics. I'm not a massive fan of this competition, it drags on and on, and theres 2 more teams in the league this year. 

A bet on a few markets will make it more interesting though.

Top Batsman - Adam Gilchrist - 33/1 - Captain of his side, will play every game, opens the innings. Although he's retired from international cricket now he can still whack it miles, and this will probably be his final tournament, so will want to go out with a bang, literally. 33/1 is too big.

To win tournament - Mumbai Indians - 5/1 -  Gone with the favourites, 5/1 is an okay price, they have a frighteningly good squad, captained by Sachin, and great bowling options, as well as Pollard in the middle order. Pretty much nailed on to make the semi's - get a good run for your money.

------------------------------------------------------

So £40 on Yorks to win the CC, £10 on Mumbai Indians to win the IPL, and £5 e/w on Gilchrist to be top batsman means another 60 laid out.

I want a return this time plz !!!!!!

Enjoy the cricket folks!!!

:)

Comments

• Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited April 2011
    I havent looked at the IPL yet, but the CC's:

Hampshire to win Div 1 @ around 10/1

Cant find any prices for this one, but Northants to finish bottom of Div 2.

Do you ever go to any of the Yorkshire matches? I go to quite a few of the One-Dayers and T20's @ Northants. Good fun.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Lol! Such faith in your own team!!! haha.

Just looking at your line up today against Surrey, it doesn't look too bad!! The batting is V strong with Sales at 5, Rob White is a player I've expected to kick on for a while now, maybe this will be his year.

I used to go to Headingly quite alot, not so much anymore just went the once last season. It's getting there, as obv I'm not gonna go to a cricket match and stay sober, and nor will my mates, so it's a train jobbie and no1 can b @rsed!

• Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Indian Premier League and English county cricket season.:
    Lol! Such faith in your own team!!! haha. Just looking at your line up today against Surrey, it doesn't look too bad!! The batting is V strong with Sales at 5, Rob White is a player I've expected to kick on for a while now, maybe this will be his year. I used to go to Headingly quite alot, not so much anymore just went the once last season. It's getting there, as obv I'm not gonna go to a cricket match and stay sober, and nor will my mates, so it's a train jobbie and no1 can b @rsed!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yeh batting should be ok, but we lack any depth in the bowling attack, so I'm predicting a season of draws, just like the Cobblers! We have Chaminda Vaas for the Championship matches this year, which is a good addition!

Yeh cricket and beer is the way forward, im lucky that i only live 10mins away.
  • Options
    OnlyOneCTOnlyOneCT Member Posts: 1,181
    edited April 2011
    In Response to Indian Premier League and English county cricket season.:
    Both begin today ! wiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :) (ITV4 for the IPL if you're interested) Don't normally like to have many big pre season bets on the county cricket, I like to see how teams settle down, and the season is so long, that the odds wont change much for the first few games anyway so makes sense to have a look first. -------------------------------------------------- The 1 bet I am having though, is obviously Yorkshire to win County Championship division 1.  Again, this is my traditional bet, backing my home team ftw, but I can honestly say even if I wasn't from Yorkshire I would make this bet. 6/1 is great value, we should have won it last season but for a last day batting collapse in the very last game of the season.  Rashid looks unlikely to be getting the call up for england yet again, which means he's gonna be available for Yorkshire all season, and with Sidebottom coming back home, alongside Bresnan and Shazhad, we have a world class bowling attack.  We are also playing the rank outsiders first game of the season, so if we give them a thrashing, that 6/1 wont last long, even though the result will be flattering due to poor opposition. So Best Bet - YORKSHIRE to win CC Div 1 @ 6/1 ------------------------------------------------------------- IPL is a great watch for 20 20 fanatics. I'm not a massive fan of this competition, it drags on and on, and theres 2 more teams in the league this year.  A bet on a few markets will make it more interesting though. Top Batsman - Adam Gilchrist - 33/1 - Captain of his side, will play e v ery game, opens the innings. Although he's retired from international cricket now he can still whack it miles, and this will probably be his final tournament, so will want to go out with a bang, literally. 33/1 is too big. To win tournament - Mumbai Indians - 5/1 -   Gone with the favourites, 5/1 is an okay price, they have a frighteningly good squad, captained by Sachin, and great bowling options, as well as Pollard in the middle order. Pretty much nailed on to make the semi's - get a good run for your money. ------------------------------------------------------ So £40 on Yorks to win the CC, £10 on Mumbai Indians to win the IPL, and £5 e/w on Gilchrist to be top batsman means another 60 laid out. I want a return this time plz !!!!!! Enjoy the cricket folks!!! :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

No surprise there with JJ's County Cricket tip! :)))))

Obviously your going to be expecting me to say oh yes Lancashire will shock the world and finally win the Championship but through GRITTED teeth, i have to say i cannot honestly see any side that will be on a par with the Yorkies this season. Yorkshire's problem over the years has been they drop very easy points against the relegation dead certs and they need put a stop to that if this is going to be the year they win the Championship.

CT's 2011 County Cricket Tips:

County Championship Div 1 - Sussex 
    County Championship Div 2 - Glamorgan
    20/20 Cup - Lancashire (Gotta back my team in at least 1 competition lol)
    40 over League - Essex - 9/1 on Sky Bet

Have not really watched much IPL cricket as i would like to but my tip for most tournament runs has to be:

Gautam Gambhir - 20/1 on Sky Bet

• Options
    edited April 2011
    I see Chris Gayle has smashed 100 off 50 balls today.

4 weeks too late Chris! Nice 1 !
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I see no mention of today's County Championship results!. I wonder why?

That is all!................................................ :)))))))))))
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Indian Premier League and English county cricket season.:
    I see no mention of today's County Championship results!. I wonder why? That is all!................................................ :)))))))))))
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    iuerhfiuhiuqphpeufhuiwehfweh
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Indian Premier League and English county cricket season.:
    B So Best Bet - YORKSHIRE to win CC Div 1 @ 6/1 ------------------------------------------------------------- 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hmmmmmmmmm that tip of yours is not looking to be a very good one isnt it? - Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

That is all!..................