You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

ManU vs Barca - How's it going to go?

bandinibandini Member Posts: 1,802
edited May 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
Can't wait for this one.

Greatest team of my generation vs greatest manager of my generation IMO.

Barca are sublime at times. Their work off the ball is almost as jaw dropping as what they do with it. Throw in the genius of Messi and they are a joy to behold at times.

However.

Fergie's had 2 years to think up a game plan and the boy ain't stoopid. And Barca may be a bit fatigued. And several of ManUs stars seem to be peaking at just the right time. And a sort of home advantage.

Tough, tough call. Supported ManU even before I supported Hibs so I'm maybe looking through red-tinted glasses but I've a sneaky feeling ManU might just sneak this one. Funny feeling Rooney's going to shine (or get sent off).

2-1 ManU, Rooney 1st goal for me. Got to love Sky Bet repaying 1stGS, Cs etc losing bets if either Messi or Rooney score in 90 too.

Bring it on.

Comments

• Options
    UkjoeUkjoe Member Posts: 1,291
    edited May 2011

google football players
  • Options
    CrunchybobCrunchybob Member Posts: 576
    edited May 2011
    In Response to ManU vs Barca - How's it going to go?:
    Can't wait for this one. Greatest team of my generation vs greatest manager of my generation IMO. Barca are sublime at times. Their work off the ball is almost as jaw dropping as what they do with it. Throw in the genius of Messi and they are a joy to behold at times. However. Fergie's had 2 years to think up a game plan and the boy ain't stoopid. And Barca may be a bit fatigued. And several of ManUs stars seem to be peaking at just the right time. And a sort of home advantage. Tough, tough call. Supported ManU even before I supported Hibs so I'm maybe looking through red-tinted glasses but I've a sneaky feeling ManU might just sneak this one. Funny feeling Rooney's going to shine (or get sent off). 2-1 ManU, Rooney 1st goal for me. Got to love Sky Bet repaying 1stGS, Cs etc losing bets if either Messi or Rooney score in 90 too. Bring it on.
    Posted by bandini
    Nice.

Obv im a chelsea fan, still undecided on this one though, Man utd haven't got the best defence imo, but have a equally as strong attack, valencia and nani are awesome wide players
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: ManU vs Barca - How's it going to go?:
      google football players
    Posted by Ukjoe
    Ehhh....

Okkkkkkk....

Thanks for your input.
  • Options
    chrispipchrispip Member Posts: 342
    edited May 2011
    In Response to ManU vs Barca - How's it going to go?:
    Can't wait for this one. Greatest team of my generation vs greatest manager of my generation IMO. Barca are sublime at times. Their work off the ball is almost as jaw dropping as what they do with it. Throw in the genius of Messi and they are a joy to behold at times. However. Fergie's had 2 years to think up a game plan and the boy ain't stoopid. And Barca may be a bit fatigued. And several of ManUs stars seem to be peaking at just the right time. And a sort of home advantage. Tough, tough call. Supported ManU even before I supported Hibs so I'm maybe looking through red-tinted glasses but I've a sneaky feeling ManU might just sneak this one. Funny feeling Rooney's going to shine (or get sent off). 2-1 ManU, Rooney 1st goal for me. Got to love Sky Bet repaying 1stGS, Cs etc losing bets if either Messi or Rooney score in 90 too. Bring it on.
    Posted by bandini
    Can't see how Man.U are 3/1 to win in 90 mins.Barca deserve to be favourites but 3/1 is just too big imo.
  • Options
    SighKOSighKO Member Posts: 329
    edited May 2011
    Everyone of these posts make sense to me...all i know is the average score is 1-0

Gotta say Barca 1-0... but my fav scoreline that gets me outta jail is 2-2   must be due one by now
  • Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited May 2011
    come on barca,hope they splatter MAN POO
  • Options
    shazallinshazallin Member Posts: 558
    edited May 2011
    United fan of 30 years here, doubt ill have a bet as it always go pair shapped when i do but corals are paying over 100/1 for rooney 2-0 and thats what i fancy.

Shaz
    xxx
  • Options
    ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,428
    edited May 2011
    Im gonna back Barca to win 4-1. Good odds at 55-1 might have a cheeky ten or twenty quid on it. Also if rooney or messi score and its a losing bet its a refund.
  • Options
    BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited May 2011
    I think the odds of Man U lifting the trophy are underestimated. I'd give them about a 40% chance - a lot more than so many expert pundits are giving them.

However, the Skybet offer to refund losing bets if Messi or Rooney score means that it's worth shelling out quite a few quid on scorecast, correct score and goalscorer bets. Got to leave the straight win bet alone as there's no cashback there.

I've had:
    Rooney to score first at 13/2
    Barca to win 3-1 at 16/1
    Messi to score and Barca to win 2-0 at 22/1

In each case there are bigger odds available elsewhere (you can get 18s for that 3-1 scoreline, for example) but that cashback offer is just too good to miss. It's one of the best offers I've ever seen. Realistically, is either Rooney or Messi going to score - yes they are. Though don't go overboard because a nil-nil kills you!

• Options
    SALT1R3SALT1R3 Member Posts: 319
    edited May 2011
    Yeah I think the form over the last few months its 60-40% to Barca over Man U. Barca have been tired the last few months but hopefully with their main players rested they should be firing on all cylinders again tonight. One poster above suggested Man U for 2 - 0. There is no way on Earth Barca will not score; I think it will also finish in normal time and it will be Barca by two or Man U by one if Barca don't play on top form. Thats the only way Man U will win is if Barca are still fatigued and don't pass as quickly as normal giving Utd the chance to score on the counter. If Barca play like we all know they can it will be a rout.
  • Options
    tallboytallboy Member Posts: 375
    edited May 2011
    United fan of 30 years here, doubt ill have a bet as it always go pair shapped when i do but corals are paying over 100/1 for rooney 2-0 and thats what i fancy. Shaz xxx
    Posted by shazallin
    Where do you live Portsmouth? ;-)
  • Options
    igimcigimc Member Posts: 625
    edited May 2011
    A tenner on Iniesta first goalscorer at 11/1.
    also a fiver on villa and hernandez.

have Barca to win 2-0,3-0,3-1
    plus scorecast Messi 3-1.

And the beauty is all these bets are refunded if messi
    or rooney score.Thats better than a poke in the eye with
    a sh itty stick.

Also wee cheeky bet on rooney to get sent off 33/1
    but maybe that'll be too good to be true.
    If carlsberg did football matches eh!
  • Options
    SALT1R3SALT1R3 Member Posts: 319
    edited May 2011
    Just how good was that? An astonishing display by an extraordinary team. I was so pleased they played the Final like we know they can, it was a joy to watch - Man U could've put out two teams tonight and it still wouldn't have been enough.

Cruyff's Dream Team was the best I thought I had ever seen and was wary before tonight about saying this team is better, but no more; they are the greatest team of this era without a doubt and most probably the greatest footballing team to have ever played the game.

• Options
    BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited May 2011
    Skybet got a right kicking with that cashback offer. Officially they've had to return 250K in losing bets but their liabilities will be much more than that. For example, it's unlikely I'd have had my 20 quid on a 3-1 scoreline unless the cashback offer were in place, countless others can say the same.
    I reckon it's cost them way over a million.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Just how good was that? An astonishing display by an extraordinary team. I was so pleased they played the Final like we know they can, it was a joy to watch - Man U could've put out two teams tonight and it still wouldn't have been enough. Cruyff's Dream Team was the best I thought I had ever seen and was wary before tonight about saying this team is better, but no more; they are the greatest team of this era without a doubt and most probably the greatest footballing team to have ever played the game.
    Posted by SALT1R3
    This.

Sometimes you've just got to take your hat of to brilliance. Best footballing team I've ever seen. Just awesome.

And proverbial hat doffed to Sky Bet for the free-roll on the bets. lol