You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

£13,750 of EXTRA Guarantees!

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,549
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat

This week's 7 "Main Events" on Sky Poker have a "normal" Guarantee of £55,000.

But they are all having 25% ADDED this week ONLY, to celebrate the new Structures & timings. So that is an EXTRA £13,750.

And it's almost certain that the field sizes will be less than normal, as people will forget that the Tourneys now start at 8pm.

So it's a double-whammy for those who do remember.

I plan to play the lot, except Thursday, when I'm working - the better structures & extra Guaranteed Prize Pools are too good to miss.

Comments

• Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited October 2009
    Hi Tikay

I've just noticed that most of these new tournaments now have a max of 2000 runners instead of the old 700. Do you think this will be the norm now or is it just for the first week?

Steve
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: £13,750 of EXTRA Guarantees!:
    Hi Tikay I've just noticed that most of these new tournaments now have a max of 2000 runners instead of the old 700. Do you think this will be the norm now or is it just for the first week? Steve
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    I think they have upped it to give Orford less chance of winning.

This was without doubt at Tikay's request as think of it. Winning 2 opens in a week! No one would ever hear the end of it.

No seriously, if the site is to grow, then there needs to be more space in the flagship event and an earlier start time gives the chance of a reasonable finish time with a larger field.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hi Tikay I've just noticed that most of these new tournaments now have a max of 2000 runners instead of the old 700. Do you think this will be the norm now or is it just for the first week? Steve
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    I have no idea Kiwi, that's one for the Suits, but yes, it's possible. For me, the more the better.

My favourite Tourneys will remain the 7pm & 7.30 Deepies, and it's a shame that neither of them are now in the "highlighted" part at the top of the Lobby.

But the truth is, more players seem to prefer the faster Main Events, so we can't complain at the decision to relegate the Deepies down into the regular section of the Lobby.

With the Main Event often maxing out - it did again on Saturday - & a struggle to get 20 runners into the £22 7.30 Deepie, it shows that most players prefer the faster stuff. It's like One Day Cricket, & Test Cricket. I would not cross the road to watch a ODI, but Test Cricket is just wonderful - to me. Horses for courses.
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited October 2009
    awesome stuff!!! will be playing the lot apart from tonights as i play pool on mondays
  • Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: £13,750 of EXTRA Guarantees! : I have no idea Kiwi, that's one for the Suits, but yes, it's possible. For me, the more the better. My favourite Tourneys will remain the 7pm & 7.30 Deepies, and it's a shame that neither of them are now in the "highlighted" part at the top of the Lobby. But the truth is, more players seem to prefer the faster Main Events, so we can't complain at the decision to relegate the Deepies down into the regular section of the Lobby. With the Main Event often maxing out - it did again on Saturday - & a struggle to get 20 runners into the £22 7.30 Deepie, it shows that most players prefer the faster stuff. It's like One Day Cricket, & Test Cricket. I would not cross the road to watch a ODI, but Test Cricket is just wonderful - to me. Horses for courses.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Oh cmon Tikay you gotta like 20/20 surely?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: £13,750 of EXTRA Guarantees! : Oh cmon Tikay you gotta like 20/20 surely?
    Posted by 35suited
    I loathe it with a passion. I prefer proper cricket, as played, & watched, by grown-ups. Nothing beats the first morning of a Test, when the batsmen & bowlers are vying for ascendancy, & we see a spell of 8 or 9 overs with 7 or 8 maidens & a handful of runs. It's spectacularly absorbing entertainment, & the commentators & Presentation on Sky Sports are the absolute creme de la creme.

• Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: £13,750 of EXTRA Guarantees! : I have no idea Kiwi, that's one for the Suits, but yes, it's possible. For me, the more the better. My favourite Tourneys will remain the 7pm & 7.30 Deepies, and it's a shame that neither of them are now in the "highlighted" part at the top of the Lobby. But the truth is, more players seem to prefer the faster Main Events, so we can't complain at the decision to relegate the Deepies down into the regular section of the Lobby. With the Main Event often maxing out - it did again on Saturday - & a struggle to get 20 runners into the £22 7.30 Deepie, it shows that most players prefer the faster stuff. It's like One Day Cricket, & Test Cricket. I would not cross the road to watch a ODI, but Test Cricket is just wonderful - to me. Horses for courses.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I have to admit that I much prefer the deepstacks too, and I would play in the 7.30 game but my bankroll won't allow me to. 

I'm going to continue to mainly play the 7.00 deeptacks but now that the "major" tournaments have a better structure and start that little bit earlier I plan on doing some multitabling and hopefully increase my bankroll to enable me to enter the 7.30 deepstack too.

Steve
  • Options
    repton3repton3 Member Posts: 185
    edited October 2009
    All sounds good, I just need to stop playing like a clown now (as in poorly, not slamming pies into my opponents faces during hands and generally driving around in a ridiculously small car packed with similarly dressed friends) and perhaps do a bit better in some of the satellites.