You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Goodbye all.

TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
edited October 2009 in Community Help & Advice
  I would just like to say goodbye to everyone on the site for i will no longer be playing here. It is not for money reasons or my dislike of the people or site. For some unknown reason i am now unable to bring up a table, so i am stuck on a poker site that does not allow me to play poker.

I went to the help to be told that everything was my fault andmy browser and connection were to blame. I am using the same browser and connection i always have, so i know that is not true. I was also told to install new software which i duly did, and that did absolutely nothing.
  I have been full of praise for this site for quite a while now and have thouroughly enjoyed myself here. But i will now move along to another poker site that will actually allow me to play poker.

I know in the grand scheme of things my loss to the site and the other players here is insignificant, but it does not bode well for a site to lose a player in this way. Hopefully you will sort out any issues so this will not happen to anyone else

Comments

• Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited October 2009
    Sorry that you are having problems Talon,  I wish that I could offer you some tips and advise but unfortunately I am not very computer literate.  I'd keep an eye on this thread though cause I am sure there is someone on this forum who has wither had the same problem or knows how to fix it.

I hope to see you back on the tables soon

Steve
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Goodbye all.:
      I would just like to say goodbye to everyone on the site for i will no longer be playing here. It is not for money reasons or my dislike of the people or site. For some unknown reason i am now unable to bring up a table, so i am stuck on a poker site that does not allow me to play poker.  I went to the help to be told that everything was my fault andmy browser and connection were to blame. I am using the same browser and connection i always have, so i know that is not true. I was also told to install new software which i duly did, and that did absolutely nothing.   I have been full of praise for this site for quite a while now and have thouroughly enjoyed myself here. But i will now move along to another poker site that will actually allow me to play poker.  I know in the grand scheme of things my loss to the site and the other players here is insignificant, but it does not bode well for a site to lose a player in this way. Hopefully you will sort out any issues so this will not happen to anyone else
    Posted by Talon

Make sure that you have sky.com marked as a trusted site in your security section. Also if you have your pop up blocker set to restrict pop ups from sky that might cause it. It's strange that you are having these problems.
  • Options
    Sky_SteveMSky_SteveM Member Posts: 116
    edited October 2009
    I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems opening the tables. I haven't heard of this error before and I'm guessing that customer care haven't either which is why they will have asked about your browser and connection. I'll be in touch via private messaging because i want to sort this out for you.

Thanks,
    Steve
  • Options
    PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited October 2009
    Thanks Steve , hope you can help him . He is one of our positive posters in the  forum and a top bloke . If anyone else has any suggestions pls . post . ty.
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009
    Sorry, but my p.c. knowledge goes about as far as switching it off then back on again.

I get a little trouble sometimes with loading a game, I have to log out then back on and it usually works.

Failing that run a virus scanner, you never know what might be lurking and affecting things. But apart from that I'm out.

Hope talon get it sorted though, he was just starting to enjoy himself here.
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    Try to clear your cache.
    Try Mozilla
    Make sure pop ups are allowing Sky poker
    Run a virus checker 

re-install your browser.
  • Options
    GoodReadsGoodReads Member Posts: 202
    edited October 2009
    Just going to put the obvious so sorry if its no use

Do a scan on your pc with whatever anti virus you have

Do a Search and destroy scan

Reset your computer to the date you was last able to play (you can find how to do this on Youtube)

does sound like its your pc rather than the site so gl m8
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited October 2009
    What EXACTLY is happening?
    Presume you're registering ok and then at least getting the LAUNCH TORNAMENT button? What happens next - nothing?

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    THis is a strange one, however i sometimes have to relaunch myself, but have never known it this bad. I cant play more than 3 multi tables cos it freezes on the 4th - anyone know why. I have to log out and in again to get it back up
  • Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited October 2009
    I had the same problems with my last computer and lost a few quid as the game woudnt open or it timed out before I could make a move.

I tried all the fixes stated above which didnt work.

The answer was my computer was just out of date, got a new laptop and I can even multi table now.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Goodbye all.:
    The answer was my computer was just out of date, got a new laptop and I can even multi table now.
    Posted by Torryladd
    It won't have been "out of date" - unless you were running Windows for Workgroups and Netscape v1 lol - but there would have been a problem that was quite fixable (but perhaps tricky) which obviously didn't exist when you just purchased a new machine :)

These things can be quite tricky. Windows is a horrible platform.

If Talon was local I'd offer to go round and help out!
  • Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited October 2009
     Well i connected up for the freeroll i was entered into this evening and the table did appear. It was after about 13 minutes, but at least it made it. Well it seems to be that the problem is definately at my end. I think my lappy may just be old and decrepid just like me.Well there is no new lappy on the horizon for me so i will be staying away from the tables because i cant rely on it.I will still hang around on the site because i do enjoy the chat and the forums. Will just have to find a new way to make my first million
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009

Get it serviced, wipe off all the old rubbish that is clogging it up.

Shouldn't cost much.

• Options
    COCASIRFCOCASIRF Member Posts: 439
    edited October 2009
    I dont know where you live but I know someone who services them who live in north london