You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Leaving players names in HH posts

scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Every single time now someone posts a HH, a poster pipes up with 'you should edit the players name mate'.

I think that people are getting too sensitive about this issue now.  The first time that this was mentioned was when someone was a bit tilted and went a bit OTT saying massive fish etc so therefore I can understand that people called for the villains name to be removed.

However most HH posts are just that, and I haven't really seen many people go overboard with insults.  Surely thats ok?  If you are being civil and just asking for advice on how you played the hand/want to share a bad beat I really can't see the problem with leaving the villains name.

I think that the forum needs to have a bit of common sense about this issue and stop jumping on the bandwagon everytime someone leaves a username in the HH.

If the moderaters really feel this is a problem, then how about creating a bit of software which automaticcally updates the usernames to HERO/VILLAIN like on most other HH coverters

Comments

• Options
    repton3repton3 Member Posts: 185
    edited October 2009
    I concur.
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited October 2009
    Agree mate, tbh i never really make a note of the names and generally just look at the hands in play.

One flaw in ur software idea though is that it'd be hard seeing u posted as a 'hero' on any thread as ur the forum 'villain' ;)
  • Options
    labrat64labrat64 Member Posts: 987
    edited October 2009
    I totally agree Scotty, we are all adults (supposedly) so why get upset about it. **** human rights will be on to us next.
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited October 2009

seems everytime i make HH post, someone is moaning about me leaving players name on, i was only showing that my luck was bang out! some people just love a moan lol

• Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited October 2009
    If someone posts with a thread title like "OMG The worst call ever" it is scandalous if they leave the player's name in the HH.
    Personally, I'd like to ban anyone who uses a thread title like that anyway, but that's just me.

I agree that there are cases where it may not be necessary to remove names but, if there is any doubt, the poster should always err on the side of caution. It only takes a minute to make the change.

Posts including HHs should be used for the useful exchange of ideas - NEVER to try to belittle another player. Also, posts including HHs which are merely bad beat whines are pretty dull.

Also, it's not feasible for automatic changes to be made here since the HH is added to posts by a simple c&p.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Leaving players names in HH posts:
    seems everytime i make HH post, someone is moaning about me leaving players name on, i was only showing that my luck was bang out! some people just love a moan lol
    Posted by webby234
    yes, yes they do
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Also, it's not feasible for automatic changes to be made here since the HH is added to posts by a simple c&p.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Add a button to the HH section like 'anonymise' where it changes the names at the source.
  • Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited October 2009
    This issue doesnt have to be about people being overly sensitive or not.  Players may simply not want to be named in hh's posted on the forum, for any number of reasons.  To that end, surely it is not too much trouble to remove the names of other players as a precaution.  If posting a hh is important enough to someone, editing the post is hardly asking a lot.

Ray
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited October 2009
    If someone posts with a thread title like "OMG The worst call ever" it is scandalous if they leave the player's name in the HH. Personally, I'd like to ban anyone who uses a thread title like that anyway, but that's just me. I agree that there are cases where it may not be necessary to remove names but, if there is any doubt, the poster should always err on the side of caution. It only takes a minute to make the change. Posts including HHs should be used for the useful exchange of ideas - NEVER to try to belittle another player. Also, posts including HHs which are merely bad beat whines are pretty dull. Also, it's not feasible for automatic changes to be made here since the HH is added to posts by a simple c&p.
    Posted by MereNovice
    +1 MERE i agree with all you have said
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited October 2009
    I must admit that I rarely look at the names on the HH when they are posted, I just look at the cards dealt and how the betting for each round went.
    It wouldn't bother me if my name was used in a HH post.
    I might learn something from the post and that has got to be a good thing,
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    I wouldnt like to let everyone see my stupid calls etc, we all do them, however i do think it is ok if the thread is not belittling a player.