You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Let Us Spend Our Poker Points!!

NICONNICON Member Posts: 68
edited October 2009 in Community Suggestions
I see people bring this up throught other threads but thought this could do with one of its own. The points accumilation to get your cash back offer on sky is a good one. I like being able to gather money in this way as there is no rakeback deal available. However only being able to use poker points to enter a 25, 50, 100 or 250 point entry free roll which then has 1000 runners for a £250 prize pool and a few quid for first place isn't enough. I have a couple of suggestions of what to do with these which i've listed below but what are everybody else's thoughts on what Sky could offer for these points?

1) Open A Site Shop where merchandise can be purchased with these points

2) Offer sit n go entrys with poker points so people are not using there points up on the lottery of the 1000 runner shove fest

3) Offer tournament tokens in exchange for points XXXXX amount of points for an £11 token etc

4) Offer point only satalites into the open, primo, Bounty hunters and other regular large tournaments

If anyone agree's, disagrees or has better Ideas of what to do with them then please post. I for 1 am a little fed up with accumulating these things and not having anything with VALUE (I.E not the 1000 runner freerolls) to spend them on ! 

Comments

• Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited October 2009
    A few years ago, a member of Sky said there were going to be some gr8 offers coming up of what to do with your poker points and to watch this space.  Now I know how Patrick moore feels
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hey SKY Rich or anybody else in the know, could we have some idea of anything in the pipeline to spend these poker points on please?
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited October 2009
    yep  it would  be  nice  to  buy  a  set  of  them  chips  they  keep  throwing  around  on  tv
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    i dont have this problem, i accrue about 550 - 750 points a month, 500 are removed for my £5 and the rest are unimportant. I do now however have 3500 points, not many by some standards, but ok for freerolls on offer.
  • Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited October 2009
    I probably shouldn't say this but on the few occasions I've managed to get to 500 points in a month I've never had any taken out. Mind you, I think I've only managed it once or twice since the promotion's been running.

Definitely agree with Nicon though, I don't bother with the freerolls so my points are slowly increasing & gathering dust (so to speak)
  • Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited October 2009
    This is only my view so dont want to ruffle feathers.

My points stay as well and are building up, most other sites take the points away for cashback so getting to keep them is an added bonus.

Why should Sky let you keep them and give you free entry into cash tourneys when you have been paid for them already.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Let Us Spend Our Poker Points!!:
    This is only my view so dont want to ruffle feathers. My points stay as well and are building up, most other sites take the points away for cashback so getting to keep them is an added bonus. Why should Sky let you keep them and give you free entry into cash tourneys when you have been paid for them already.
    Posted by Torryladd

everybody is entitled to an opinion torry so don't worry about any ruffled feathers lol

For me they could take them if they like but the ones im left with i would prefer to be able to buy in to something worth playing.

I like this site but play on many others that do actually offer more value. not only for the loyalty points you acrue but have rakeback deals and point shops etc. The £5 you gt for 500 points really insn't great value when stacked next to things such as 33% rake back deals  that i have on other sites. Don't get me wrong, sky is a great fun community but don't you think as a business they should try and offer as good a value package as the rest of the poker market?
  • Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited October 2009
    Good point
  • Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Let Us Spend Our Poker Points!!:
    This is only my view so dont want to ruffle feathers. My points stay as well and are building up, most other sites take the points away for cashback so getting to keep them is an added bonus. Why should Sky let you keep them and give you free entry into cash tourneys when you have been paid for them already.
    Posted by Torryladd
    I take your point Torry, after all I think that sometimes we can lose sight of the fact that this is a business after all. Maybe one solution is to have a choice between opting in/out of the cash for points promo or other things like tourney entry/merchandise and such. As I stated, I've only hit the minimum 500 points once or twice since it's been running so it's no major thing for me if I opted out in order to gain what I would consider to be better options for my points
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited October 2009
    I BET ON SKY TOO, WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME SO CROSS OVER PROMOTIONS MAYBE 500 POKER POINTS= £5 FREE BET
  • Options
    jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited October 2009

Hi guys...ive been harking on about this for months... ive got 15k worth of poker points sitting in my account... ive done a few threads about it....but just getting fed up with it all now....hence y i dont play here as much now... on ladbrokes u use ur poker points for tourney buy ins... not freerolls... or can cash them to an equivalent... as u can on most sites.... ive had replies and "that we are looking in to it" and ive actually suggested ideas on how to use them up..... i.e. merchandise/tourney buy ins etc etc etc....but im afraid its all been swept under the carpet....and i cant honestly see an answer happening soon....