You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Making a TV final table

Sky_DaveSky_Dave Member Posts: 3,288
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi guys and girls.

Quick question, and not related to the Sky Poker channel, etc: Do you think making televised final tables is as big a deal for poker players as it used to be? When the WPT really went big, every one dreamt of making a TV table, right? Nowadays  are people almost as happy to win big tournaments online and just get the money quietly? Does making a final table which is going to be on TV appeal to you?

Personally I would love to be under the bright lights of a final table. Added pressure, a chance to test yourself on the big stage (literally) and I feel my game is better suited to live poker than online. 

How about you lot?

Comments

• Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited October 2009
    I think so.  You could also get yourself a sponsor
  • Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited October 2009
    i voted yes! not so much for being on TV but for the accomplishment of making final table! being on the box is a bonus :)
  • Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited October 2009
    To me there would be nothng better than being on a big tv final
  • Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited October 2009
       I suppose it all comes down to why you play poker and enter tournaments. If you are after noariety or sponsorship then the t.v. final table is an absolute must. But if you are doing it for fun or just to make money then the appeal of the bright lights would not be there. The cameras would bring an added element of pressure that i think would affect a lot of peoples games, for the good or bad. This means that very few players would continue to play the game that brought them to the final table.
       Could you make the same audacious bluff and risk looking like a muppet in front of millions? would you become too tight in order to stay there longer?
      Although i think that the cameras have done wonders to promote the game, i believe that the true game of poker is hidden from the cameras, A lot of good poker is played all around the world and nobody gets to see it. Poker is played in the mind and the cameras can not show what people are thinking.

For me the appeal of winning a big tournament is great, but the appeal of being in front of the cameras to do it is not there.

I am sure that many will disagree with me , as is their right. And this is what makes playing poker so much fun, we all approach the game from different perspectives