You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPT in pokerplayer magazine

repton3repton3 Member Posts: 185
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Just cracked open my copy of pokerplayer this morning and noticed the SPT has been mentioned on page 11 in 'The Nuts' - a list of things to do this month.  Ok it is right at the bottom of the list, but at least it's there.  May be a small influx of players hoping to qualify last minute for mance now perhaps.
Anyway, there you go, just wanted to share a what I thought was a nice little surprise because I can't remember ever seeing my fav online poker site being mentioned in this magazine before.

Boing!!

Comments

• Options
    COCASIRFCOCASIRF Member Posts: 439
    edited October 2009
    I fill up the vending machine at the publisher of pokerplay and inside poker so I get my copies free and I have never seen them mention SKYPOKER
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SPT in pokerplayer magazine:
    I fill up the vending machine at the publisher of pokerplay and inside poker so I get my copies free and I have never seen them mention SKYPOKER
    Posted by COCASIRF
    I know for a fact that they covered the last SPT - there was pics and article about Swansea and also the Grand Final at Dusk til Dawn.
  • Options
    COCASIRFCOCASIRF Member Posts: 439
    edited October 2009
    sorry phil..I could'nt have read them properly then, no wonder I'm useless at poker...lol. I've been doing that reading them for about 4 months and must have overseen that.

perhaps what I should have said then  is that it does'nt hi-light skypoker as much as other sites.
  • Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited October 2009
    cool cocasirf
  • Options
    kirstiikirstii Member Posts: 787
    edited October 2009
    My boyfriend got a letter published in pokerplayer this month, the one by Andy Wallace about the poker autobiographies, so proud!! lol
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    Mr Blands old WPT mag had 2 pages on the final from last year.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    Posted by COCASIRF
    You mean you steal them lol
  • Options
    Sky_DaveSky_Dave Member Posts: 3,288
    edited October 2009
    Mr Blands old WPT mag had 2 pages on the final from last year.
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Good magazine it is, too :) Although I hasten to add I was involved on the US version - the UK one was the work of a guy called Jon Young who is the reigning World Strip Poker champion. He's rubbish at poker when he keeps his clothes on though, so swings and roundabouts.
  • Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited October 2009
    Where do you get this magazine from? i have never seen it in any shops :( is just an online thing?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    You can get WPT Magazine in the big WHSmiths and the bigger newsagents, etc. You could go direct to them too, but that would sound way too spammy. ;) Well worth checking out in my opinion, as are the three other main mags: Bluff Europe, Poker Player and Inside Poker. 
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    cheers dave! will check it out :) we have a real big whsmith here but never seen any of those titles. But will badger the manager to get it sorted ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I have stuck to a Inside Poker for the time being. WPT always felt like it was sponsored by the WPT and so perhaps is not as independent, in terms of editiorial, as the others. Probably completely wrong, just felt that way.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I have stuck to a Inside Poker for the time being. WPT always felt like it was sponsored by the WPT and so perhaps is not as independent, in terms of editiorial, as the others. Probably completely wrong, just felt that way.
    Posted by Grimstar30
    That certainly used to be the case about a year ago. The magazine is obviously looking to remind people just how good the WPT is (and to be fair, it has been getting better in terms of the competitions - Ivey, ElkY and Timoshenko all having won in recent times), but it is certainly more objective now. You get the WSOPE stuff, WSOP coverage and there's a good chunk in there to do with the British poker scene too. 

The interviews are always a good laugh too - Jon does come up with some quite bizarre questions from time to time. Nothing surpasses ElkY and I chatting about who'd win in a fight out of a rhino and a tiger though.

All the magazines have their respective strengths and weaknesses in my humble opinion, so it's about finding something that works for you. :)

• Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SPT in pokerplayer magazine : That certainly used to be the case about a year ago. The magazine is obviously looking to remind people just how good the WPT is (and to be fair, it has been getting better in terms of the competitions - Ivey, ElkY and Timoshenko all having won in recent times), but it is certainly more objective now. You get the WSOPE stuff, WSOP coverage and there's a good chunk in there to do with the British poker scene too.  The interviews are always a good laugh too - Jon does come up with some quite bizarre questions from time to time. Nothing surpasses ElkY and I chatting about who'd win in a fight out of a rhino and a tiger though. All the magazines have their respective strengths and weaknesses in my humble opinion, so it's about finding something that works for you. :)
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    agreed, thats why there are so many magazines about the same subject as everyone is different and it is just a case of finding the right thing for you :)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SPT in pokerplayer magazine : That certainly used to be the case about a year ago. The magazine is obviously looking to remind people just how good the WPT is (and to be fair, it has been getting better in terms of the competitions - Ivey, ElkY and Timoshenko all having won in recent times), but it is certainly more objective now. You get the WSOPE stuff, WSOP coverage and there's a good chunk in there to do with the British poker scene too.  The interviews are always a good laugh too - Jon does come up with some quite bizarre questions from time to time. Nothing surpasses ElkY and I chatting about who'd win in a fight out of a rhino and a tiger though. All the magazines have their respective strengths and weaknesses in my humble opinion, so it's about finding something that works for you. :)
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Good reply Dave. Appreciate that. TBH I still look over the WPT edition I bought as it had good competition coverage. Horses for courses :) I like Inside Poker for strategy advice.