You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Private league wanted!!

chaff822chaff822 Member Posts: 33
edited August 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
Hello, I have been desperately trying to gee up interest among friends to do our own Fantasy football league this season. However, general apathy, lack of gamblers and foreseen difficulties collecting money have led me to believe I am better off trying this approach for my dream team rush this season.

I think Sky have got it bang on with the free hosting of private league tournaments - full marks to them, hat goes off.

Now, I would like to sneak into a couple of private £20 leagues if possible. I'm sure there are plenty of people like me, for whom this will be their best avenue to have a punt on their dream team.

So, if you have one set up and welcome new players, let me know. Or if other loners like me want to group up and create a league to follow for the season, thats just as good!

Comments

• Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited July 2011
    In Response to Private league wanted!!:
    Hello, I have been desperately trying to gee up interest among friends to do our own Fantasy football league this season. However, general apathy, lack of gamblers and foreseen difficulties collecting money have led me to believe I am better off trying this approach for my dream team rush this season. I think Sky have got it bang on with the free hosting of private league tournaments - full marks to them, hat goes off. Now, I would like to sneak into a couple of private £20 leagues if possible. I'm sure there are plenty of people like me, for whom this will be their best avenue to have a punt on their dream team. So, if you have one set up and welcome new players, let me know. Or if other loners like me want to group up and create a league to follow for the season, thats just as good!  
    Posted by chaff822
    I'll look out for this!! Will enter the Sky league defo as well!!

Also, last 2 years have played in a League where you guess the Premier results after a team has been hadicapped by 0.5, 1.5 or 2.5 or even 3.5 goals, SO THERE CANNOT BE A DRAW!! 

Been really good!! wont Put site up here cause Sky wouldna probabaly like it, but it only takes 3 mins of time, or more if u want , every week, and you are not penalised if u miss a week or two because of de-fault settings!!

I am goin to ask Sky if its alright to Start a SKY Poker 'Beat Barry' League as me & mates have loved it last 2 seasons!!

Will post up more details when confirmed i can!!

For instance............ take two of the openin games of season that I know takin place, handicap might be this, You have to pick a winner!!

Fulham     v    [0.5] A.Villa      

If you pick Villa a 0-0 draw wins, if u pick Fulham a 1-0 will win!!

Man city    v    [2.5] Swansea   

If you pick Man city they gotta win 3-0, whereas pick the swans & a 2-0 defeat still get u the point....Ya get it!!!!

So from 10 games believe me its impossible to get 10, winnin scores bein 7/8 at most, obvs averaging 4/5 ish, So ya really got to Know your Onions to nail it!! 

I mean everyone knows Fulham will beat Chelsea of course, the question is BY HOW MANY!!

OK, WHO WOULD BE UP FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    dubmasterdubmaster Member Posts: 897
    edited July 2011
    In Response to Private league wanted!!:
    Hello, I have been desperately trying to gee up interest among friends to do our own Fantasy football league this season. However, general apathy, lack of gamblers and foreseen difficulties collecting money have led me to believe I am better off trying this approach for my dream team rush this season. I think Sky have got it bang on with the free hosting of private league tournaments - full marks to them, hat goes off. Now, I would like to sneak into a couple of private £20 leagues if possible. I'm sure there are plenty of people like me, for whom this will be their best avenue to have a punt on their dream team. So, if you have one set up and welcome new players, let me know. Or if other loners like me want to group up and create a league to follow for the season, thats just as good!  
    Posted by chaff822
    ill be interested!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2011

So that is potentially 3 of us then - anymore likeminded people please speak up.

I'm sure we can get at least 20 people who are up for this.

Let us know if you're up for setting one up and I will arrange accordingly.
  • Options
    goodylad21goodylad21 Member Posts: 693
    edited July 2011
    Yes sounds good count me in.

Any idea which fantasy football league to use ??

I usually enter teams in the : Telegraph, Sun, Mirror, Daily Mail, Sky, Metro, Budweiser & Football league classic lol !!

So should have most bases covered :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Private league wanted!!:
    Yes sounds good count me in. Any idea which fantasy football league to use ?? I usually enter teams in the : Telegraph, Sun, Mirror, Daily Mail, Sky, Metro, Budweiser & Football league classic lol !! So should have most bases covered :)
    Posted by goodylad21
    Well Sky are hosting the leagues for free this season and they can accept the money and hold it until the end of the year, it would be far easier to do it on this site -Plus people are just a click away from entering.

Makes sense to do it on here, saves the hassle of sorting out money and paying out at the end of the year.

I would have even been happy doing it here if Sky were taking a percentage rake for hosting, but they aren't even doing that so let's just do it here.

So that is 4 of us...

£20 entry, I was thinking of a 75% / 1st Place  25% / 2nd place for the payout structure.

I am happy to go with the general consensus though, so whatever the majority think.
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited July 2011
    Il put my name down as a maybe. It all depends how many leagues i do with my mates first. Otherwise, il end up spending £100's in about 10 different leagues.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited July 2011
    Yes sounds good count me in. Any idea which fantasy football league to use ?? I usually enter teams in the : Telegraph, Sun, Mirror, Daily Mail, Sky, Metro, Budweiser & Football league classic lol !! So should have most bases covered :)
    Posted by goodylad21
    Do u use the same team everytime?? Or loads of different ones....? ? ?
  • Options
    yuranASSetyuranASSet Member Posts: 485
    edited July 2011
    Count me in

• Options
    dubmasterdubmaster Member Posts: 897
    edited July 2011
    yep no problem with 20 and will go with whatever way it is set up  pm me when you get pin nice one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited July 2011
    the barclays premier league dream team is excellent ,you can set up your own mini league,,it gives you a code
  • Options
    NorbitNorbit Member Posts: 490
    edited July 2011
    the barclays premier league dream team is excellent ,you can set up your own mini league,,it gives you a code
    Posted by andybuck
    This!

im in!
  • Options
    FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited July 2011
    aye go ed im in
  • Options
    bigflop1bigflop1 Member Posts: 1,034
    edited July 2011
    count me in... pm me the league details...
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    For all those interested, I have created the league now and it is ready to enter. PM me for the password.

I have created a new discussion now to drum up interest.

League of the Elite - Pin 8012319
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    i have also set up a mini league for the smaller bankroll.... £2.00 entry

all welcome

name - bigflop1
    id  - 8012476
    password - 5555
  • Options
    edited July 2011