You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

private messaging

pod1pod1 Member Posts: 4,377
edited November 2009 in Community Help & Advice
 could some one tell me why i cant private message, when i go to the profile of the person i want to message and press private message i get a TOOL BAR SET "DYNAMIC TOOLBAR" DOESNT EXIST on my screen, please help

Comments

• Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited October 2009
    hey,

Thanks for your post, i.e 6 and 7, fire fox and google chrome internet browsers are all compatible with our website so you should not be having any trouble.
    If you delete your temporary internet files and cookies you should be able to log on and access private messaging with no problem.

if your still having issues after that just shout.

hope this helps

Rich.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    tnx for getting back skyrich, if done that and still getting it, like i say its not a new problem, ive never been able to pm. now im at a lose
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    which browser are you using? let me know and i'll see if i can get to the bottom of it for you
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    i am on internet exp 7 (i think)
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: private messaging:
    i am on internet exp 7 (i think)
    Posted by pod1
    To find out for sure go to the help tap on the browser and click on "About Internet Explorer" it will tell you ehich version

Steve
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    i would send you a private message but from what you say it doesn't look like you'll get it.

i'll try working you through some pretty basic steps then hopefully we'll find a solution.

1. do you have problems viewing any other areas of the community, forum threads, blogs, blog comments, your profile?

2. do you know exactly where to go to send private messages? if you click on 'my profile' at the top account bar next to 'free bets' this will take you to your profile area. from here look for and click on 'inbox' (right hand side of the screen above 'search for friends') this should get you into your PM area.

also....

another quick easy way to get there is to click 'contact ....' which appears underneath every forum post apart from your own. try it now by clicking 'contact sky rich' underneath my posts on this thread. try that and see where you get.

3.make sure you have cleared all your browsing data, cookies, pop ups are not blocked etc and log in and try the above again.

let me know how you get on and if you still have problems we will dig a little deeper.

kind regards,

Rich
  • Options
    CormachCormach Member Posts: 140
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: private messaging:
    i would send you a private message but from what you say it doesn't look like you'll get it. i'll try working you through some pretty basic steps then hopefully we'll find a solution. 1. do you have problems viewing any other areas of the community, forum threads, blogs, blog comments, your profile? 2. do you know exactly where to go to send private messages? if you click on 'my profile' at the top account bar next to 'free bets' this will take you to your profile area. from here look for and click on 'inbox' (right hand side of the screen above 'search for friends') this should get you into your PM area. also.... another quick easy way to get there is to click 'contact ....' which appears underneath every forum post apart from your own. try it now by clicking 'contact sky rich' underneath my posts on this thread. try that and see where you get. 3.make sure you have cleared all your browsing data, cookies, pop ups are not blocked etc and log in and try the above again. let me know how you get on and if you still have problems we will dig a little deeper. kind regards, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM . CANT PRIVATE MESSAGE
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    what are the error messages you get when you try all the above?

what browser are you using?

the more information you give me the easier it is to find the solution.

cheers,

Rich
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    right, im on explorer 8, i can go to the persons profile, i can press send private message, i can even type in what the message is about, but not the message itself. after i press send private message and the screen changes to where you write message/what the message is concerning, it comes up with    toolbar set "dynamic toolbar" doesnt exist. if i press ok or press red crossit goes, it still lets me write what message is concerningbut no more. just tried going to you rich via your name under your picture, takes me to your profile, clicked send private message , and same thing happens again. i have no problem with the rest of site, ( led out very nicely for idiots like me to use). its just this pm melarky!!!!
  • Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited October 2009
    What anti virus do you have? sounds stupid but when I had nortons, I couldnt post on certain tag boards and couldnt send message on certian forums (not here this was a year or 2 ago)

I was told it was down to Nortons, cant remember the reason they gave but I turned it off and sure enough I could then do it

Gareth
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    im running macafee gareth
  • Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited October 2009
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    does sound like it
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    now using google chrome and i can now pm hoooray!!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    fantastic news!

thank you to everyone who offered advice in this thread