You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The "Substitute opponents name with villain in HH posts" debate

OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Ive noticed this debate going on in the forums for a while now.

I do not have Sky TV, so I may be way off here.

There is a `play my hand request` thread here, and I was wandering if when these hands were replayed on TV, they are hiding all other names apart from the posters.  If not, will they only be shown from TV tables.

If the names are not hidden, and the hands are not from TV tables, then this is the same as leaving villains name in HH posts,  In fact it is even worse as you are showing the whole tables hole cards wether they decide to play them or not.

Like I said, I dont have Sky TV and have not seen any of these aired on TV so this post may be irrelevent.

Personally I`m not bothered either way.  I have posted HH`s and left villains name in, and do not mind if people leave my name in.

Comments

• Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited November 2009
    Think they should be left in...if the villain isn't reading the forum it makes no difference to them...and if they are they can offer their opinion...others disagree...but i'm with you on this
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The "Substitute opponents name with villain in HH posts" debate:
    Think they should be left in...if the villain isn't reading the forum it makes no difference to them...and if they are they can offer their opinion...others disagree...but i'm with you on this
    Posted by diablo_pez

While I neither agree nor disagree about the whole subject,  I have to disagree with the fact you said `if they werent reading, it makes no difference`.
    Information about the way people play is being shown for all to see, and that may be information they do not want to give away.

It could be argued, that if they dont read the forums, they are at even more of a disadvantage. ;)
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited November 2009
    If they don't read it they'll never know so meh :)
  • Options
    namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
    edited November 2009
    they played the hand so if they get laughed at after someone has a moan about it then so what!If i make a daft call and someone shows my name on here i wouldn't care.In fact,i would be happy because it could give me a chance to justify the move.