You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

More Frequent Breaks Needed? Yes/No

RichiSwiftRichiSwift Member Posts: 149
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi,

Personally I would like to see more frequent breaks during tournament play.

Do you agree?

I dont think they are frequent enough and sometimes I could really do with a 5min breather.

Comments

• Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited November 2009
    Yeah every half hour would be handy.
  • Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited November 2009
    Sorry rich i voted no, i think personally an hour is cool but i would like to see a break of ten instead of 5 mins. gives you enough time to go the gents and make a cup of tea :) Also i think that is standard isn't it across the board to break every 55 mins or every hour .... feel free to correct me if i am wrong lol
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: More Frequent Breaks Needed? Yes/No:
    Yeah every half hour would be handy.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    personally i think that would be a bad idea, every poker site has the break every hour, if it became every half hour that would be just dreadful imo
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    agree  an  hour  is  just  about  right
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited November 2009
    Hour is perfect, maybe 10min break as Mafia said
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2009
    Every half hour would be annoying after the first 2, break number 3 comes around and you would just be wanting to carry on i think
  • Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: More Frequent Breaks Needed? Yes/No:
    Every half hour would be annoying after the first 2, break number 3 comes around and you would just be wanting to carry on i think
    Posted by ACESOVER8s

That is exactly what i was thinking, just as you get going again it's time to stop. Can sky not trial the ten minute break and see what people think? any thoughts from sky?

• Options
    KaidusKaidus Member Posts: 159
    edited November 2009
    Every hour with a 10 min break after 3hrs would be good. They're fine as they are now though, pity we can't get them at :55 past the hour every hour to fit in with other sites that have "synchronised breaks".
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited November 2009
    Five minutes every hour is the standard and works well everywhere. However, there are changes happening to the break structures elsewhere that work very well. The problem with breaks is when multi-tabling, even 2 tables can cause a problem when alternate breaks are happening usually at different times on each table. Aligning all breaks to happen at the same time is now popular elsewhere and should be something for the future on Sky.

If that's not clear it means that all breaks take place at say 4 minutes to the hour regardless of the starting times of individual mtt's. There can be some exclusions to this for satellites but generally it works very well. I know in the past I've played 3 or 4 mtt's at once and as you get to the final table in one taking a P is nigh on impossible. It's the very reason I have a wireless laptop.....take it to the toilet when necessary. :0)
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    I don't think more frequent breaks are needed but I do like the idea of making the breaks a little longer than the current 5 minutes, as margate said and also the idea that ALL the MTT's have a break at the same time as Elsa suggested. 
  • Options
    kennybadkennybad Member Posts: 777
    edited November 2009
    i think the  breaks are fine the way the are 5min is long enough every hour
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,638
    edited November 2009
    i can live with having no breaks but thats just me, sit out if i want the loo,get the mrs make a brew.But i spose you need break time
  • Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited November 2009
    I had to vote no, The breaks do ym head in, I know its only 5 mins but still its 5 mins of sitting about id rather not do.

If I need Loo or wanna get a drink I do that after ive folded pre flop just mkae sure I hurry.

The breaks that really do my head in are on final table when theres only like 3 players left.

Gareth
  • Options
    paparonpaparon Member Posts: 186
    edited November 2009
    five minutes is fine
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited November 2009
    Hi Richi

I think the breaks are ok as they are, sorry
  • Options
    achillachill Member Posts: 1,056
    edited November 2009
    Thats a big NO for me.
  • Options
    MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited November 2009
    big no 4 me as well, hu and u get a torn break grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    I also voted No. The breaks are fine as they are.