You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Allow late registration for MTTs

BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
edited November 2009 in Community Suggestions
I've lost count of the number of times I've failed to register for a MTT by about 3 seconds. Does it really make any difference to a 100 player tournament if a few players join late?

I don't see why the site doesn't allow late registrations for, say, 3 minutes after tournament start.

Comments

• Options
    NICONNICON Member Posts: 68
    edited October 2009
    For 3 Mins that wouldn't bother me, But if this site every gets to the way P***rstars is at where you can register an hour after then i'll leave. I turly HATE that
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited October 2009
    why would you be late in the first place? say they do extend to an extra 3 minutes you would only get someone saying cant they make it an extra 6 minutes?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Allow late registration for MTTs:
    why would you be late in the first place? Posted by webby234
    I'm not always certain that the clock on my computer, the clock on the sky website and Greenwich Mean Time are all perfectly aligned.
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited October 2009
    good point :-)
  • Options
    Sky_DaveSky_Dave Member Posts: 3,288
    edited October 2009
    There's a big tournament on at the moment (WPT Festa al Lago) which is a $15k buy in and players start with 60,000 in chips. They were allowing players to register as late as the end of Level 9! That was the SECOND DAY of play. It bumped up the prize pool a fair bit, and the players were starting with 100BB stacks rather than 600 by the time they joined on the 300/600 level!

Just thought I would throw that one out there...
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    ^^^

I think sky should take that one step further and allow me to buy in directly to final tables.
  • Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited October 2009
    Personally I don't mind allowing anything up to 5 minutes for late registrations but any longer than that would do my head in.
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited October 2009
    I also think up to 5 minutes would be fair.
    I have also missed out on MTT by a few seconds.

I am sure the late entrats wouldn't mind losing a few blinds as long as they can enter.
  • Options
    repton3repton3 Member Posts: 185
    edited October 2009
    I must agree also.  I have a really bad habit of sometimes sitting staring at the lobby of game i intend to play in withot actually remembering to click register.  I only notice when it starts and my window doesn't launch.  This idea would fix the problem nicely!
  • Options
    cumminscummins Member Posts: 89
    edited November 2009
    5-10 mins would be acceptable on a 1 in 1 out basis after all open tables are full so if a MTT started with 58 people, 2 are allowed in to fill the tables before it's a 1 in 1 out basis. To save a mad rush of late comers coming in after a few rounds of blinds and getting a slight advantage on the people who have had no playable hands and lost chips
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited November 2009
    i agree and a good earner for sky