You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Results page?

elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

In the early days of online poker I was a mod on poker forum. From that forum came some of the best online players of today. One guy (An American) started a section where players could post results from their tournaments (mtt and stt), where hits and misses were recorded. This wasn't a definitive record and didn't show profit and loss, but it gave each player an overview of their success or otherwise and made a very interesting read for everyone. There was a comments section to each entry where the player could give a brief rundown of how they or their opponents had played.

It was a very simple template and I think it would be a worthwhile thing to include in the forum. Don't know what the rest of you think, but it could be something we could get the suits to look into if there was enough interest.

Comments

• Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    I'm all for ANYTHING that will help me to improve my game
  • Options
    chirkerchirker Member Posts: 160
    edited November 2009
    would definitely be a benefit , anything that helps me improve my game is a bonus.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    id like that as long as its not a free for all calling players fish etc
  • Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited November 2009
       A very good idea and i can see the benefits of it for all.

P.S. Has anyone been doping your biscuits because you amnaged a whole post without a weird remark
  • Options
    Ozzie08Ozzie08 Member Posts: 963
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Results page?:
       A very good idea and i can see the benefits of it for all.  P.S. Has anyone been doping your biscuits because you amnaged a whole post without a weird remark
    Posted by Talon
    leave the little dog alone m8, she has a mean bite

A gd idea m8, Ne help to improve your game is welcome by me
  • Options
    edited November 2009

The only person able to post on your section would be you. The comments are for you to make relating to the game, result. opponents etc.

The bragging rights when you succeed are priceless, but it's useful to also say where you went wrong too.

Talon, yes I'm doped to the eyealls with Benyline at the mo..........piggy flu or something.  Just for you ''spoooons''
    (with thanks to noseybonk for letting me borrow that one)

• Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited November 2009
    Good idea, im in favour
  • Options
    edited November 2009

As far as helping your game, it doesn't directly benefit your game as such. What it does is let you follow how you and other players are progressing, or not. There is no doubt that a lot of top players started by spending hours watching other successful players, particularly when they were in-form. This lets you know who is hot and who is not, while giving you a reality check as to how you are doing. It also makes great reading in my experience.

• Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited November 2009
    i will give u 1 billion pounds 4 ur dog elsa, im not kidding.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Results page?:
    i will give u 1 billion pounds 4 ur dog elsa, im not kidding.
    Posted by nirvana29
    Nope
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    Good idea.
    It is always nice to see how others are playing.
  • Options
    namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
    edited November 2009
    if it helps improve my game,then i am all for it.