You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

HUSNG's - Need some changes

AriseNproAriseNpro Member Posts: 21
edited November 2011 in Community Suggestions
I think that there needs to be some changes made to the husngs. For example, not sure why the rake for standard speed and turbocharged/hypercharged is the same. Also every site I know apart from Sky reduces the rake as the buy-in increases. 

For the hypercharged/turbocharged the rake is way too high. £30+ £1.50 where as Stars is $29.37+ $0.63. 

Another thing is there seems to be two super turbo formats for husngs (turbocharged/hypercharged) and then the slow standard speed. I personally like the standard speed but would be nice if there was a turbo structure. The current turbocharged is basically a disguised hypercharged. As seen in the levels below based on starting stacks:

Hypercharged:

lvl 1- 25bb

16.6bb

12.5bb

10bb

8.3bb

lvl 6- 6.25bb 

Turbocharged: 

lvl 1-50bb

33.3bb

20bb

10bb

5bb

lvl 6- 3.3bb

As you can see after 8mins of play players have less big blinds in the turbocharged structure. Needs to be like 1500 chips, 5min blind structure. Also reduce the rake. Or improve your vip system. 

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited November 2011
    Almost all my HU sngs now are hypers, with the occasional turbo.....

I never play standard HU sngs, but if there is a demand for an "inbetween" HU sng, I hope they either introduce a new 1, or alter the structure of the current standard HU....rather than tinker with the hugely popular hyper & turbocharged structures.

The hyper plays very very different to the turbo, so I strongly disagree that the turbo is just a hyper in disguise. 

edit* Maybe you could add in 1 or 2 more levels in the later stages of the turbocharged? - It already plays alot deeper up to a point.........
  • Options
    AriseNproAriseNpro Member Posts: 21
    edited November 2011
    The problem with the hyper husngs is the rake is 5% which many pro husng players has stated is 'greedy'. They last like an avg of 3 mins or something, which means the rooms are raking it in. Especially on sky as the software is slower, combined with the time bank and the time allowed for players to show mucked cards.. the variance is super high, and at higher levels I would imagine unbeatable.  
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited November 2011
    obv every poker player wants lower rake wherever possible, dont think they'd budge on that tho.

Wud like to see a faster PLO HU sng, as a newbie to the game, I'm reluctant to play them as I'm just gonna get owned by tight nitty players who know what they're doing.

A fun game becomes boring.

PLO turbocharged plz!