You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

staying connected

innitinnit Member Posts: 135
edited November 2009 in Community Help & Advice
having trouble staying connected mostly at night happens more in tourny games can anyone help dont want to watch eastenders so getting deaperate

Comments

• Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited November 2009
    Is it disconnections or slow connections?
  • Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited November 2009
    i had a bit of bother with this when i first started playing, but i think it was down to my mobile boroadband provider (4-1) rather than the site or your pc/laptop. Could that be the same issue you are having?

Ray
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: staying connected:
    Is it disconnections or slow connections?
    Posted by elsadog
    both
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited November 2009
    First thing to try is clearing your browsing history and cookies. Also make sure you close all other open programmes when playing. Try another platform such as firefox or safari, This should speed you up.

I assume you are on broadband. If it's your broadband connection you may or may not be able to inprove this. If it's your internet provider's fault you can always change. If it's a problem at BT's end then you are stuck until they upgrade your local exchange.

(To clear browsing history, press tools icon in top right of this page. Go to Internet options and click on 'delete temporary files')
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: staying connected:
    First thing to try is clearing your browsing history and cookies. Also make sure you close all other open programmes when playing. Try another platform such as firefox or safari, This should speed you up. I assume you are on broadband. If it's your broadband connection you may or may not be able to inprove this. If it's your internet provider's fault you can always change. If it's a problem at BT's end then you are stuck until they upgrade your local exchange. (To clear browsing history, press tools icon in top right of this page. Go to Internet options and click on 'delete temporary files')
    Posted by elsadog
    cleared cookies did help a little  got a sky hub if i had not moved house would be on new bt system got avg  think it must be my address thanks for help   so annoying when doing well get cut off when i get back they had my chips only been playing a while find people are helpful gl
  • Options
    UrdadiUrdadi Member Posts: 297
    edited November 2009

just had this happen to me. sitting with K6 two pair on river, first to play checks, I want to raise and it freezes. fortunately the other guy must have froze as 5 mins later I get back in and have a slight profit.

Sky get your servers sorted.

• Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November 2009
    hey guys,i'm really sorry to hear about your problems. please get in contact with customer care. the team will be happy to investigate all reported issues and actively look to help you resolve them.   if you have any more problems or have any questions at all, just shout.

Rich