You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

decent mtt with slowish structure £50-£200 buy in

barnsiebarnsie Member Posts: 496
edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
surely there is some demand for this on here?

in my opinion the site has improved quite a lot since the beginning and things like this and the hand histories are welcome additions.

speaking as somebody who is + ev in the open and similar tourneys i would still state the tournies have a far to high degree of variance to accuratley judge whether you are playing profitable poker or not.

could we please have a 10 min clock tourney for a decent buy in , there is a lack of these that arent starting at silly o clock on the big american sites and this could be a big opportunity for sky to attract some more players to the site.

Comments

• hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited July 2009
    they have just set up a daily £20 deep stack, £500 guranteed with 5000 chips and 15 min clock, but failed to get more than 25 tonight, we need players to show there is a real demand for a tourny like this by playing this one before they up the ante so to speak.
  • barnsiebarnsie Member Posts: 496
    edited July 2009
    In Response to decent mtt with slowish structure £50-£200 buy in:
    surely there is some demand for this on here? in my opinion the site has improved quite a lot since the beginning and things like this and the hand histories are welcome additions. speaking as somebody who is + ev in the open and similar tourneys i would still state the tournies have a far to high degree of variance to accuratley judge whether you are playing profitable poker or not. could we please have a 10 min clock tourney for a decent buy in , there is a lack of these that arent starting at silly o clock on the big american sites and this could be a big opportunity for sky to attract some more players to the site.
    Posted by barnsie
    with respect a 500 guaranteed isnt a decent prize pool really

i truly believe a big flagship tourney would attract other players to the site
  • hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited July 2009
    they have the 15k primo which is the exact same as what you are saying.

500 is too much by the looks of things, failing to reach 25 players meant the gurantee wasn't reached, if u cant reach the guarantee of 500 then what chance is there for a bigger tourny. plus 21 players paying £20 buy in doesnt look good for the amount of runners you would get for bigger buy-in.
  • TINTINTINTIN Member Posts: 1,612
    edited July 2009
    i might be mistaken but i think they used to run a nightly £50 tourney about a year ago. it was a 1k gtd during the week and 2k gtd at the weekends. I never played it so im not 100% on this but im sure others could inform if im correct. Now i dont know what happened to it but it shows sky have tried similar ideas before and could be tempted again. Im guessing the numbers werent there so they axed it.

Sure some of the players would remember this and confirm
  • NColleyNColley Member Posts: 1,178
    edited July 2009
    unless the £20 deepstack takes off soon, then the case for an even bigger buy in and guarantee tourney is very weak.

After all no poker site is going to continue putting high guarantees on tourneys that continue to fall below the number required to make up the guarantee.
  • _AppleMac__AppleMac_ Member Posts: 126
    edited July 2009

I have played the deepstack and it is a very good tourn, blind structure is alot better than the speed of 'the open'... my only offput is the start time... but then this is obviously due to the longer blinds...

I think it takes around 4 hours for this game to get near its conclusion period, so its understandable it begins at 7.15pm.

However alot of people cannot make this time due to just getting home from work etc. Imo 9pm would be perfect, only drawback being the finishing time wouldnt be until very late... could just make it a weekly tourn, maybe fridays, or sats... run it alongside a bounty hunter or something...

• BOSSBOXBOSSBOX Member Posts: 63
    edited July 2009
    Sorry applemac but i don't agree with you i'm afraid. My reason is all the other tournies start at 9pm and people moan about the blind structure all the time. The only sad thing is all the wingers now have a tournie with good blind structure with lots of chips, do they support it? No they dont, so if sky pull the plug on it they will only have themselves to blame. If sky pull the plug they will still moan anyway. The start time is maybe a bit early for some but not all, i personally am glad there is an early start tourny to give everyone a fair chance for those who have to get up in the mornings. SUPPORT IT OR LOSE IT!!!! Good luck at the tables BOSSBOX.
  • skicowboysskicowboys Member Posts: 162
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: decent mtt with slowish structure £50-£200 buy in:
    Sorry applemac but i don't agree with you i'm afraid. My reason is all the other tournies start at 9pm and people moan about the blind structure all the time. The only sad thing is all the wingers now have a tournie with good blind structure with lots of chips, do they support it? No they dont, so if sky pull the plug on it they will only have themselves to blame. If sky pull the plug they will still moan anyway. The start time is maybe a bit early for some but not all, i personally am glad there is an early start tourny to give everyone a fair chance for those who have to get up in the mornings. SUPPORT IT OR LOSE IT!!!! Good luck at the tables BOSSBOX.
    Posted by BOSSBOX
    Yes, i played last night and there were only 21 runners, i'm sure there will be more when tikay returns, but as to getting regular bigger ticket games i'm not hopeful. I cant play tonight but i will be back tomorrow!
  • _AppleMac__AppleMac_ Member Posts: 126
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: decent mtt with slowish structure £50-£200 buy in:
    Posted by BOSSBOX
    Fair point Bossbox, my point was only from a personal opinion... as if I were working then I would never get back in time to play the tourn... other than that totally agree...! 
  • The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 388
    edited July 2009
    lol

There are so many other sites on the internet with such games, why would you want to play such a game on this clunky software?
  • F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited July 2009
    The £55 entry quid tourney with a £1k/£2k prize pool was awesome and I played it almost every single night.

How about rather than it being a GTD (and hence a certain number of people have to enter for the tourney to be kept running), the prize pool fluctuates depending on how many people are in the tourney?

eg... If on a night only 15 people make the tourney, then there would be a £750 prize pool with the top 3 being payed out. Hopefully over time as the site gets bigger and more people can afford the entry there will be 40+ people registering on average every night.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,766
    edited July 2009
    p!In Response to Re: decent mtt with slowish structure £50-£200 buy in:
    In Response to Re: decent mtt with slowish structure £50-£200 buy in : Yes, i played last night and there were only 21 runners, i'm sure there will be more when tikay returns, but as to getting regular bigger ticket games i'm not hopeful. I cant play tonight but i will be back tomorrow!
    Posted by skicowboys
    Yup!

Once I get home, I'll be nagging & cajoling others to play this, & I'm sure we'll get the numbers up.

It's - pardon the word - FUN - to sit & chill with my friends in the Chat Box whilst playing a nice, steady structured, Tourney. I've made more friends playing the Sky Deepstack than any other Tourney, & it's super-relaxation time, & tremendous value, considering I enjoy playing poker, as I get 3 or 4 hours fun every time I play this.

By the way, I play in my time, with my money, & it's tremendous value for money, IMO.