You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Bounty Hunter MTT rake

Why are <£5 Bounty Hunter's raked at 15% instead of the normal 10%? I always thought the extra money on the buyin was related to a greater share going to the head prize fund, but all the MTT windows say £5+0.75.

All other £5 tournaments are raked 10%. Lack of consistency in buyin/rake ratio is not good.

Comments

• Options
    GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited January 2012
    Gets a +1 from me, but this has been raised many times before to no effect.

Supply and demand is in play here. I think 10% would be more reasonable and would make Sky competitive with other sites, but these tournaments continue to be very popular and attract plenty of runners despite the rake. While that continues I think a reduction is unlikely.

Bizzarely the £3.00 £150 gtd Bounty Hunters at 9-45 and 10-45 each morning are raked at only 10%, unsurprisingly they are well supported.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Suppply and demand should not be taken into consideration at all here. The ethos of 'charging more for games that are more popular' is ridiculous and I'm very disappointed to see it.

• Options
    belsibubbelsibub Member Posts: 2,527
    edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Bounty Hunter MTT rake:
    Suppply and demand should not be taken into consideration at all here. The ethos of 'charging more for games that are more popular' is ridiculous and I'm very disappointed to see it.
    Posted by CoxyLboro
    You only just noticed this?10 plus threads about rake on bh's and lower level stt's in just in last 12 month's.Spitting into the wind comes to mind but gl.
  • Options
    rob12345rob12345 Member Posts: 341
    edited January 2012
    i thick its not right all mtt should have 10% rake
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Bounty Hunter MTT rake:
    In Response to Re: Bounty Hunter MTT rake : You only just noticed this?10 plus threads about rake on bh's and lower level stt's in just in last 12 month's.Spitting into the wind comes to mind but gl.
    Posted by belsibub
    It's only recently I have been playing as low as the £5 games for my BR challenge, everythng £20+ is raked at 10%. 
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I am surprised you you have not complained about rake at nl4 after seeing you playing there(as part of you challenge i suppose).7.5% but only if the pot is 40p(3p rake) 80p(6p rake) £1.20(9p rake) and so on.As those pots are the only ones divisible by 7.5% sky round up so most of the time it is nearer 8.5%-10% and at that level every penny counts.41p pot=3.075p rake at 7.5% round up to 4p rake=9.756% rake.

Been discussed here before if you are interested  cash games rake
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Rake at NL4 is bad, yes, but at least its consistent. 
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Yeah consistent 99% pot's raked higher than sky say at nl4 nl8 nl10 lol.
  • Options
    Poker_FailPoker_Fail Member Posts: 1,755
    edited January 2012
    I have thought this for a long time, and even posted about it on the micro stakes thread (The one where they were trying to get 4NL included in happy hour) The last answer from Sky, I think Tikay actually was simply that the games were popular so people would pay it. Supply and demand and all that.

Rediculous IMO, Sky has the best welcome bonus out of any site i've played on yet the worst rake, even the default 10% is above the 8% of the other sites. Basically they're going to attract new customers with the bonus but not gonna keep many of them with the extortionate rake.

And FWIW I have only ever played 6 of the £5.75 BHs and they were over 6 months ago, I just refuse to play them out of principle. Sorry for rambling but the inconsistencies in the already above standard rake pissses me off.