You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

strong fancy for this horse!!!

THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
edited February 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat
La Capriosa in the 1.30 at southwell, this horse is a 6 time course winner, is 7lb lower than the last of these wins and is dropped in class for this race, i got on now at 7/2 which i think is a very good price!!! not saying its a certainty but i think its a very good bet!!!

Comments

• Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited February 2012
    In Response to strong fancy for this horse!!!:
    La Capriosa in the 1.30 at southwell, this horse is a 6 time course winner, is 7lb lower than the last of these wins and is dropped in class for this race, i got on now at 7/2 which i think is a very good price!!! not saying its a certainty but i think its a very good bet!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Had a look at it, could'nt back it!
    If it was that good , why would they drop it in class, devalues the horse!
    A better proposition would be :
    3.40 Clonmel Midnight Club(Grand National prep. race)
    Ruby Walsh and WP Mullins.
    This combination are winning a lot of races at the moment.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    who says its that good, but its been dropped in class to get its head in front and with a 7lb drop in the weights since its last win plus the jockeys 5lb claim i think its a good bet, ur hardly an expert wayne judging by the donkeys u pick out on here!!!
  • Options
    DUNMIDOSHDUNMIDOSH Member Posts: 1,473
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: strong fancy for this horse!!!:
    who says its that good, but its been dropped in class to get its head in front and with a 7lb drop in the weights since its last win plus the jockeys 5lb claim i think its a good bet, ur hardly an expert wayne judging by the donkeys u pick out on here!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    I Don't think Wynne meant you any disrespect!
    Your horse is now running in the lowest grade with an inform jockey on its back.
    But the weight is a big concern because you need to be up with the pace right from the start at Southwell 9stone 7lbs is a big ask against bookies index boy and First in command (bottom weight with Hayley Turner who's riding out of her skin on board!)

I hope your selection wins this very trappy race!

But I must put on record that Wynne has had some very good returns and is honest about his selections very few people are consistent winners but if you'd backed his selections to a £1 level stake you'd be showing a profit over the last six months
  • Options
    jimifloydjimifloyd Member Posts: 148
    edited February 2012
    [QUOTEto a £1 level stake you'd be showing a profit over the last six months
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH

I highly doubt this, his win strikerate to ODDS ratio is far too low.

His main price range is 4/6 - 3/1 giving him an average bet of around 2/1.
    So his strike rate need to be 35% plus to show a profit of pennies to the pound.

Plus up until lately he was backing these E/W.

Should't be undermining peoples selections IMO till he shows a profit.

Jockey - Trainer combos are oldschool and very overrated.

Put a top jockey on the slowest horse-and he cant win its like putting Vettel in a lotus and betting him to win a race,ain't gonna happen.

Just because you back a horse because its been trained by a top trainer this means its the fastest horse?
  • Options
    gadgerno1gadgerno1 Member Posts: 134
    edited February 2012
    never mind posting on here, answear your phone, ha

In Response to Re: strong fancy for this horse!!! : [QUOTEto a £1 level stake you'd be showing a profit over the last six months Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    I highly doubt this, his win strikerate to ODDS ratio is far too low. His main price range is 4/6 - 3/1 giving him an average bet of around 2/1. So his strike rate need to be 35% plus to show a profit of pennies to the pound. Plus up until lately he was backing these E/W. Should't be undermining peoples selections IMO till he shows a profit. Jockey - Trainer combos are oldschool and very overrated. Put a top jockey on the slowest horse-and he cant win its like putting Vettel in a lotus and betting him to win a race,ain't gonna happen. Just because you back a horse because its ridden by a top trainer this means its the fastest horse?
    Posted by jimifloyd
  • Options
    jimifloydjimifloyd Member Posts: 148
    edited February 2012
    never mind posting on here, answear your phone, ha In Response to Re: strong fancy for this horse!!! : I highly doubt this, his win strikerate to ODDS ratio is far too low. His main price range is 4/6 - 3/1 giving him an average bet of around 2/1. So his strike rate need to be 35% plus to show a profit of pennies to the pound. Plus up until lately he was backing these E/W. Should't be undermining peoples selections IMO till he shows a profit. Jockey - Trainer combos are oldschool and very overrated. Put a top jockey on the slowest horse-and he cant win its like putting Vettel in a lotus and betting him to win a race,ain't gonna happen. Just because you back a horse because its ridden by a top trainer this means its the fastest horse? Posted by jimifloyd
    Posted by gadgerno1

Ring us now buddie.
  • Options
    mkgunnermkgunner Member Posts: 3,032
    edited February 2012
    i think it got shot after 2 furlongs!!!
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,313
    edited February 2012
    Boys boys calm down,

Each to our own,

Live and let live

and to the people posting on this thread who are not in the Naps Table I suggest they enter and beat us all

LOL

Father V
  • Options
    achillachill Member Posts: 1,056
    edited February 2012

I backed no mean trick but only looked at the race because of this thread so thanks.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    ah well, was dogshite, never mind, just thought it was a good thing on paper, didnt mean this to become personal wynne its just i dont come on here and look at your selections and say that i dont think they can win even tho alot of the time its what im thinking!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Thanks for your nasty comments!
    I did not claim to be an expert,I back a lot more losers than winners.
    I enjoy horse racing!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: strong fancy for this horse!!! : Thanks for your nasty comments! I did not claim to be an expert,I back a lot more losers than winners. I enjoy horse racing!
    Posted by wynne1938
    what part of my post is nasty???
  • Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited February 2012
    Posted by THEROCK573
    errrr, that part aint very nice!!

Anyway, dont want to throw petrol on what is a mis-understanding, but Wynnes comments were just constructive seems to me, he takes his time out & enjoys it posting here, [i dont, sry], but he is a great friend of mine, and as all us sensible people here should be treated with the respect we all deserve!!

Can I suggest a 'Cyber Handshake', & we all go on to enjoy Father Vaigret's Naps table, that i will take part in, & prob come last, as lil' HitPup aint here to help me anymore!!

My Hand is out also, just didna want to see an elderly friend of mine mis-understood.

ty in advance, as I Respect ALL, Young & Old, [& middle like me lol]!!

GL With ALL YA BETS PEOPLE!!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    ah well, was dogshite, never mind, just thought it was a good thing on paper, didnt mean this to become personal wynne its just i dont come on here and look at your selections and say that i dont think they can win even tho alot of the time its what im thinking!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Had sorta missed this, prob wynne too, GL!!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to strong fancy for this horse!!! : Had a look at it, could'nt back it! If it was that good , why would they drop it in class, devalues the horse! A better proposition would be : 3.40 Clonmel Midnight Club(Grand National prep. race) Ruby Walsh and WP Mullins. This combination are winning a lot of races at the moment.
    Posted by wynne1938
    Midnight Cub ran a dreadful race, considering it was backed down to Fav. in last years Grand national!

waiting to read the trainer and Jockeys comments!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: strong fancy for this horse!!! : Had sorta missed this, prob wynne too, GL!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Thanks for your comments!

To the Rock, no offence taken,I extend my hand in a cyber handshake!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: strong fancy for this horse!!! : Midnight Cub ran a dreadful race, considering it was backed down to Fav. in last years Grand national! waiting to read the trainer and Jockeys comments!
    Posted by wynne1938

A disappointed Ruby Walsh, rider of The Midnight Club, said: "He was never travelling and the ground was too heavy for him."

Paddy Power reacted to the result by pushing The Midnight Club out to 25-1 (from 16) for the John Smith's-sponsored Grand National in April.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: strong fancy for this horse!!! : Thanks for your comments! To the Rock, no offence taken,I extend my hand in a cyber handshake!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by wynne1938
    ok no problem, i probably took ur comments to personal, ur cyber handshake has been excepted!!!
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,313
    edited February 2012
    Well done all and on to the Naps

It'll be fun

Love is all around

God Bless You all

Father V
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    And Peace did Fall upon the 'Fancy a Bet Village' !! LOLOL!!

Well Done All !!  Now let's Bash Dem Bookies!!!!

GL!!