You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Heads up tournaments needed on sky!!!!

Young-BuckYoung-Buck Member Posts: 3
edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
I think sky poker should bring heads up tournaments to their website to be able to become a better site an attract more players :D

Comments

• razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited July 2009
    no thx
  • YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited July 2009
    Would be a nice addition.

Logisitically, though, this will be super tough to implement. The software will have to be able to match up people that have played the same amount of games (since it'll be unfair for someone who's won 1 match to suddenly face someone thats won 2 matches and presumably therefore have more chips) and thats a pretty tough thing to work out.

Also, there's the structure. It will be a crapshoot tournament because there's no way that we'd be able to sieve through a 32 person field, let's say, quickly enough so that people dont get bored (or moan about playing for 3 hours w/o cashing) but slow enough so that there's some play involved to satisfy the poker purists.

Aside from that, Sky have a lot of new developments on the plate at the moment and I can't see this being at the top of the list anytime soon. I would love to see it, but I won't be getting my hopes up.
  • Young-BuckYoung-Buck Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2009
    Good point about the software but if ya look at all the top websites, they have these tournaments and sky need to increase their variety in games to compete with these. The tournaments will not need planning they are simply knock out and wait for next match to play, the structure shud be as it always has and the waiting for another match is time to play other games or to study your possible opponents.
  • StKildaStKilda Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2009
    my local live game run a couple of heads up online games in between our weekly live games.  A league and a knock-out.  For the league, each has to play a set of 5 online games against every other player in the league (1 point a game), and the knock-out being 5 games per pairing with an FA style draw during the break of the weekly live game.    For us it's not about the money (were all broke in any case!) so we tend to agree the buy-in between ourselves and generally keep it cheap - but do try and keep it on one site where the HU games dont fill instantly so we can register together.  Some sites allow "private" games - but we've not needed that route yet.  Nothing an on-line community such as this could not organise and manage?  Of course - you don't then get the big prize money etc associated with a tourney win - as in effect the payout structure is very flat!

Would be great to see something like this organised - it has some spin offs such as hand review and critique etc etc.

StKilda