You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Horses for 17/2

wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
edited February 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat
Easy Pickings! Get On!

3.50Sandown Ile de Re 5/7
12.10 Newbury Sptinter Sacre 4/7
6.15 Wolverhampton  Quen Of Denmark 4/6
7.15 Wolverhampton  True to form 2/5

4 horse accumalator

Comments

• Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited February 2012
    i like the look of an 'upset' in the denman chase, cant have long run @ odds on anyway giving 10 lbs to what a friend or more likely BURTON PORT (15/2) , the latter having the gold cup champ held back in 4th (he was 2nd) in 2010's RSA. clearly hes 400 odd days absence to overcome but if anyone can get them right first time out from a break then its Mr Henderson, and with WAF's closing in 4th in last years gold cup, he would certainly give the champ alot to think about in receipt of the weight as i said. still not convinced with long runs jumping
  • Options
    edited February 2012

re the gold cup think Mr henderson will be happy - has the defending champ beating useful sorts in receipt of near a stone, and on the other side of the coin has had burton port make a very encouraging run back at a race course after such a lengthy absence.

in terms of the upcoming betfair hurdle, id stormed into raya star last thursday before saturdays postponement, ive revised my bets to have raya star e/w and this time selected Olofi e/w also, 9's and 12's respectively, and theyve changed places in market since! i wouldnt be too put off that raya has drifted, think he'll find the race run to suit. both alan king and tom george the trainers are in tip top form as of late so they'll be my two, a couple of shrewdies have put desert cry up for a big e/w and wouldnt surprise me if he run into a place.

zarkander could be a handicap snip, but point needs to be raised that Paul Nicholls has never had one placed in this race before, nevermind win! he might be in need of run. he's also a bit short for 20 odd runner handicap imo

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2012
    Hi Bell

I had zarkander , he was a snip and will give Hurricane fly a battle in the champion. must be placed at 9/2.

I also had a little saver on Olofi and glad they paid first 5 places.

But the talk of the day must be Sprinter Sacre. Most impressive horse I have ever seen yes the most ever. Broke Course record hard held. Arkle winner!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Hi vaigret, i've posted on the cheltenham thread about Zark's performance.

Splinter sacre was unbelievable today, I'm not going to insult either he nor myself by giving the 'hype horse' tag, but purely for Arkle reasons, I'm always a bit wary of backing an out and out two miler over something that stays 2m4f for example. At Christmas id hoped that splinter would beat peddlers, being a big peddlers fan for value pruposes and it worked and they reveresed in the market . given the fact that i believe cheltenham will suit mccains charge more than splinter sacre, and that the opposite would apply  at Kempton.

however i never envisaged HOW much the distance in length would be, and besides pulled muscle arguments, peddlers backers must be concerned now. add to that the fact peddlers actually got cut back again from 6's to 3's soon after the defeat i doubt the price backs up what he has done so far over fences.

so this leads me to Al ferof - i have seen the light. I know SS has got bigger and stronger since last years supreme, and was built for the chasing game as supposed to hurdles, but call it stupidness or stubborness i will not let myself get away from the fact that SS was odds on in running up the hill during last years opener, and Al ferof left him for absolute dead and will not have this for SS being weak etc etc, i just still remain to see if he'll handle the hill.

So heart always said Peddlers, head most definately says Al ferof and it'll now be the latter that will be carrying my Arkle money no doubt. Splinter sacre a beast, will an Arkle suit, I honestly do not think so.
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2012
    Again you might be right Bell but i have never seen a horse so impressive.

Will he improve again or suit Cheltenham , I dont know but WOW he was awesome today 
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Horses for 17/2:
    Easy Pickings! Get On! 3.50Sandown Ile de Re 5/7 12.10 Newbury Sptinter Sacre 4/7 6.15 Wolverhampton  Quen Of Denmark 4/6 7.15 Wolverhampton  True to form 2/5 4 horse accumalator
    Posted by wynne1938
    There is no such thing as acertainty in racing, there is always one that lets you down!
    2 winners , non-runner and a 2nd!
  • Options
    edited February 2012

ach here, i'd have won on him for goodness sake, he was that good!!! good luck to SS looks special, one things for sure though he won't still be on the bridle coming up the hill in 24 days time!!!