You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Odds?

inka2003inka2003 Member Posts: 184
edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
This post is topical as it involves one of our SKY colleagues in Vegas - HAYSIE.  Over the weekend, I was playing a 50 DYM and HAYSIE had joined from, I presume, his hotel room in Vegas.  Anyway, during the game, HAYSIE took down two pots (about 15 hands apart) with QUAD NINES.  Once holding pocket nines, the other time holding just one and flopping the other 3 !!

Now, I struggle working out the odds of a coin toss so is there anyone out there who could give me an idea of the chances of this happening in a single game ?

Comments

• Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Odds?:
    This post is topical as it involves one of our SKY colleagues in Vegas - HAYSIE.  Over the weekend, I was playing a 50 DYM and HAYSIE had joined from, I presume, his hotel room in Vegas.  Anyway, during the game, HAYSIE took down two pots (about 15 hands apart) with QUAD NINES.  Once holding pocket nines, the other time holding just one and flopping the other 3 !! Now, I struggle working out the odds of a coin toss so is there anyone out there who could give me an idea of the chances of this happening in a single game ?
    Posted by inka2003
    Hi,
    I really dont know the answer to that, but i can top that.
    At the Sky tour final, i got pocket 4s against Karlluke and rivered the four of a kind, knocking her out.
    2 hands later i had 87 off in the bb it limped round to me and the flop came 888, i got about 20k out of that pot, but i dont know how they didnt see me just about jump out my seat on the flop.
    Try the odds on that mate.
    col
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,167
    edited July 2009
    In a £5.50 DYM last night I was dealt AA nine times between levels 1 and 7, and one time ended up all-in pre-flop against another holding AA.

FIX (in my favour lol)

What's the odds on that many AA dealings?!

• Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Odds?:
    In a £5.50 DYM last night I was dealt AA nine times between levels 1 and 7, and one time ended up all-in pre-flop against another holding AA. FIX (in my favour lol) What's the odds on that many AA dealings?!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Wheres Ed Giddens when you need him?