You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Structure for thursdays main event

CrazyBen23CrazyBen23 Member Posts: 865
edited February 2012 in Community Suggestions
How come every other main event and most tournments on sky have good structure and this one is awful, 33£ for a game of bingo. Blinds are at 100/200 onnthe fifth level, its normally something like 50/100 then 75/150. Rlymdoes make it into a crapshoot and has put me of playing it

Comments

• Options
    Wacko90Wacko90 Member Posts: 906
    edited January 2012
    finally someone who agrees with me! its a total donk fest, really dont see the point of paying 33 quid to end up with 10 bigs after less than an hour and having to shove or fold. Dont see a reason for the structure being so fast.

Then again, it is kinda fun.....
  • Options
    sikassikas Member Posts: 857
    edited January 2012
  • Options
    rob12345rob12345 Member Posts: 341
    edited January 2012
  • Options
    Poker_FailPoker_Fail Member Posts: 1,755
    edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Structure for thursdays main event:
    Then again, it is kinda fun.....
    Posted by Wacko90
    +1

I agree that it should have a much better structure, but I do find it fun anyway.
  • Options
    neil1970neil1970 Member Posts: 264
    edited February 2012
    Maybe sky can give us an answer on the question such a big buy in most of the time after 2 hrs the average stack is somewhere in the region of 10-12 bb's TERA BAD STRUCTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited February 2012
    I think the reason for the fast structure on the Thursday game is the fact that its shown on Sky Sports as well as 865 and they want to be able to show the final table before the end of the show.  This would also account for the fact that the breaks are only 3 minutes instead of the standard 5.
  • Options
    EyemanEyeman Member Posts: 1,039
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Structure for thursdays main event:
    I think the reason for the fast structure on the Thursday game is the fact that its shown on Sky Sports as well as 865 and they want to be able to show the final table before the end of the show.  This would also account for the fact that the breaks are only 3 minutes instead of the standard 5.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    This. Pretty obvious really. Be thankful that when the open was on every night, starting at 9pm, it had to finish by midnight, the blinds were ludicrous. 
  • Options
    bigal36903bigal36903 Member Posts: 1,011
    edited February 2012
    well now it is not shown as much maybe sky will change the structure a little to accommodate more players. it is really a shove feast.

and can we have a bigger starting stack for 33 quid.  you get more in the 1-50 sats for this tourny.