You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Ability to make notes on a player when not at the table

EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
edited March 2012 in Community Suggestions
I think we should be able to make notes on a player when they're not seated at any tables. I know I could go to "Find a player", open their table and make notes on them when they're next playing, or put the notes in MS Word temporarily or something, but this is still far from ideal.

The way around this would to be able to make notes on a player via the "Find a player" section - Simply search for the player, and have an "edit notes" button somewhere.

Situations where this would be useful:
1) When you want to make notes on someone's knockout hand - This isn't currently possible as they leave the table as soon as they're knocked out. 

E.G. I just had a hand, SB vs. BB, A7 vs. A10, and the A7 decided to 4 bet me all in, and got knocked out (DYM bubble too, ouch). Because he got knocked out, I had no opportunity to make a note on this player. This player had previously defended his blind by 3 betting a couple of button raises earlier in the same game as well. 

This would also apply when trying to take notes after a game finishes - For example, in an MTT satellite where someone gets knocked out on the bubble at another table and you want to take notes on something that happened at your table at the same time.

2) When you notice something you didn't notice before when looking through hand history.

3) When you see something on the TV shows and want to make notes but can't because the player isn't seated.

Comments

• Options
    CubbyBoyCubbyBoy Member Posts: 39
    edited December 2011

Yes please, Great idea. Though I hate to think what notes would be made when I have been knocked out. Probably very few notes made on me up to now as attendance is usually so brief that I`m gone before most players have chance to register my presence!
  • Options
    step7step7 Member Posts: 298
    edited February 2012
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited February 2012
    Yeah I often get this in DYM's, sometimes quickly trying to type while the cards fall lol
  • Options
    profman15profman15 Member Posts: 1,808
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Ability to make notes on a player when not at the table:
    I think we should be able to make notes on a player when they're not seated at any tables. I know I could go to "Find a player", open their table and make notes on them when they're next playing, or put the notes in MS Word temporarily or something, but this is still far from ideal. The way around this would to be able to make notes on a player via the "Find a player" section - Simply search for the player, and have an "edit notes" button somewhere. Situations where this would be useful: 1) When you want to make notes on someone's knockout hand - This isn't currently possible as they leave the table as soon as they're knocked out.  E.G. I just had a hand, SB vs. BB, A7 vs. A10, and the A7 decided to 4 bet me all in, and got knocked out (DYM bubble too, ouch). Because he got knocked out, I had no opportunity to make a note on this player. This player had previously defended his blind by 3 betting a couple of button raises earlier in the same game as well.  This would also apply when trying to take notes after a game finishes - For example, in an MTT satellite where someone gets knocked out on the bubble at another table and you want to take notes on something that happened at your table at the same time. 2) When you notice something you didn't notice before when looking through hand history. 3) When you see something on the TV shows and want to make notes but can't because the player isn't seated.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    HI 'Evil'

Sounds like a really good idea. I'm pretty new to the game and site and would like to make notes on players. What notes would you suggest i prioritise and is there a way of using software or my computer to bring up aplayer quickly, alphabetically say with notes alongside eg  LAG, weak donk etc. Is written the only way on Sky? Thats seems so cumbersome. Imay be missing something here and would like your advice.
    Oh yes, is there a way of using my Sky stats to come to a conclusion as to whether i'm LAG, LAP etc or is the only way to go to a site and trial a HUD or HEM in order to get VPIP, AGG f, etc stats. What figures should i aim for /try to improve and where do i spot potential leaks? As you can see my q's go on but i'dlike to improve and would like some technical advice to give me a shove in the right direction. Appreciate it. Steve aka profman15
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Ability to make notes on a player when not at the table:
    In Response to Ability to make notes on a player when not at the table : HI 'Evil'    Sounds like a really good idea. I'm pretty new to the game and site and would like to make notes on players. What notes would you suggest i prioritise and is there a way of using software or my computer to bring up aplayer quickly, alphabetically say with notes alongside eg  LAG, weak donk etc. Is written the only way on Sky? Thats seems so cumbersome. Imay be missing something here and would like your advice. Oh yes, is there a way of using my Sky stats to come to a conclusion as to whether i'm LAG, LAP etc or is the only way to go to a site and trial a HUD or HEM in order to get VPIP, AGG f, etc stats. What figures should i aim for /try to improve and where do i spot potential leaks? As you can see my q's go on but i'dlike to improve and would like some technical advice to give me a shove in the right direction. Appreciate it. Steve aka profman15
    Posted by profman15
    Hiya,

I'm probably not the right person to ask, as I've only been playing the game for about 4 months myself - I'll try to answer but you'll probably get a better answer from better players if you post this question on one of the live show threads, and watch the show that night and your question will be read out at some point during the show and answered by the experts. Failing that, posting this in General Poker Chat will also get a response from the community :)

The notes I tend to make (I play mostly NL4 and DYM's) are things like "Loose Passive", "LAG", "TAG", "Limp/Folds when blinds are high", and if someone does something really erratic - "J6 offsuit AIPF 100bb". Also, note players who play at a certain level frequently, and who play multiple tables - You can see how many tables someone is playing by looking them up on the "Find a Player" feature, it'll show all the games they're in atm.

I know that Sky doesn't actually support any HUD's, or HEM, and I've never used one of them myself on any site.
  • Options
    Die_hardDie_hard Member Posts: 338
    edited March 2012
    . I know that Sky doesn't actually support any HUD's, or HEM, and I've never used one of them myself on any site.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    If they ever do - I'll be off within 0.00001 seconds from this site.
  • Options
    CrazyBen23CrazyBen23 Member Posts: 865
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Ability to make notes on a player when not at the table : If they ever do - I'll be off within 0.00001 seconds from this site.
    Posted by Die_hard
    Alot of people have huds lol. Guess i wont be playing you again anytime soon
  • Options
    Poker_FailPoker_Fail Member Posts: 1,755
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Ability to make notes on a player when not at the table : Alot of people have huds lol. Guess i wont be playing you again anytime soon
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    You have a HUD!?
    I want one :O
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,034
    edited March 2012
    Great idea !
    Would be very useful to see notes on players before you join a table.