You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Is There a Problem?

BBKingBBKing Member Posts: 4
edited November 2009 in Community Help & Advice
We all understand the conditions that if we are "disconnected" we lose the hand and do not get compensated.
I have had this problem twice in a week
On both occassions the player in front of me times out and i dont get chance to act therefor i am folded out.
The first time it cost me £27 quid but i had quad 4s and a guy bet all but £19 in to a £50 pot i was gonna push and if hed of called i would have cleared £78
Second time I had KK plus one on the rainbow non connecting flop
The person who timed out infront of me was "carpinon"

Perhaps if we all recorded as much detail as possible regarding the table, players, etc below we may see some kind of pattern emerge!!!!

If it is happening on regular occassions then this will become apparent and perhaps sky can look into it as it will no doubt be putting people off using or recommending the site.

*** SKY is my broadband supplier and it is approx 5M so no probs there.
I have cleared my historys etc with no resolution to the problem.
Of further interest is the eroor message before a table opens does any one else get the "a script is causing flash to run slow" (something like that anyway)

I have reinstalled Flash10 and tried Mozilla and Opera both of which lock up when a second table is opened
IE is ok to watch three tables but as soon as i start to play it starts to slow down.

I Play youtube in the background and this still plays whilst the tables lock up so i assume it is a problem between windows Vista flash10 and Sky
Does anyone play with Sky using and Apple laptop this seems to be my last resort

Keep Smiling
BBKing

Comments

• Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    Since I switched ISP from BT to cable I haven't had a single disconnect, touch wood
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited November 2009
    When the guy in front times out and you don't have time to react that is your connection (your seeing everything after the fact). It's running slow not a disconnection. You need to speed it up by clearing your browsing history and closing any other open programmes. If it is still happening it's either your equipment that's not up to it or your intenet connection. You can try another provider such as Mozilla or safari and that might speed it up. Windows internet explorer is notoriously slow.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Another cause if it is happening spasmodically is your security programme. I used to use McAfee and when it auto updated or downloaded it caused chaos. It took so much resource that everything ran slow.
  • Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2009
    My old computer was like that, my new laptop is spot on no probs
  • Options
    UrdadiUrdadi Member Posts: 297
    edited November 2009
    clear out cookies and your history.
    Also you on broadband or dial up? If lot of users on your bit of the network then that can have impact.
    Also worth checking what processes are running in background, as mentioned previously if a scan is taking place it can slow up your system.  When it happens check your CPU usage to see if any processes are killing your machine.

Only probs I have had is when loading tables but that has been good this week. Wasn't last week.
  • Options
    namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
    edited November 2009
    I'm with BT and have never disconnected.
  • Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited November 2009
    I voted weekly, it's only happened on a couple of occasions so i don't find it a problem really. The couple of times it has happened have been re-connected fairly quickly ;)
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    am  with   aol  i  have  problems
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    bb  king  u  need  to  talk  to  customer  care   see  if they  can  look  in  to  it 
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    From what BBking says he isn't disconnecting.....he's running slow. There is nothing Sky can do to help this. The previous answers appear to cover the solutions.

1.  Clear browsing history

2.  Close any other open programmes including the forum/tournament lobby.

3.  Try Mozilla or Safari both of which are quicker than Internet Explorer.

If you are on dial-up consider going to broadband. If already on broadband, the problem may be your broadband speed which is generally dictated by your distance from your local exchange. Your equipment may not be up to the job. 

Everyone isn't experiencing the problem therefore it's not a Sky related problem. I play 3 or 4 tables and suffer no lag problems at all. Some players play many more tables than that and have no problems. 
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November 2009
    hey guys,

if you feel our technical problems have affected your ability to play at the tables, and/ or caused you to lose money please get in contact with customer care. the team will be happy to investigate all reported problems and depending on the merits of your case will see what can be done.

if you have any more problems or have any questions at all, just shout.

Rich
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited November 2009
    tut tut its lose not loose rich lol ;-)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    oops!
  • Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited November 2009
    I voted never because I very rarely ever disconnect & 99% of the time when I do I know it's my ISP at fault.

One other thing though BBKing, whilst I'm certainly no computer expert in any way, shape or form, I would've thought that running youtube in the background probably wouldn't be doing you any favours either?
  • Options
    UrdadiUrdadi Member Posts: 297
    edited November 2009
    I had this problem yesterday, it saved me a packet as my two pair ran into a straight. I was going to raise. So thanks to TalkTalk, I saved my tournament life.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    hi guys,

thanks for your patience on this matter. the poker team are investigating this issue to try and get to the bottom of the problem.

in the meantime can you make sure you aren't running any other adobe flash based applications while playing sky poker. adobe flash based applications include things like youtube, and having too many of these open may cause an overload on your computer (especially if you are trying to multi-table).

try this out and see if it helps. the poker team will hopefully have a further update soon.

thanks,

Rich
  • Options
    GavinxxxxGavinxxxx Member Posts: 559
    edited November 2009
    I personally use Firefox as it uses less performance than internet explorer when more than one table is loaded up, havnt had many problems since
  • Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited November 2009
    i use an iMac and i have found it much more reliable than the laptop i have ;)