You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

baffled!! can someone explain please

margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Just in a 30p DYM and were on the very first hand and this guy calls in 2k on level one blinds .... had me confused 45 chips at stake!! kept continually doing it every now and then through the low level blinds 2,3,4 & 5 etc. Did get caught out went all in with a 3,4 off suit and got called by a 10,10 and went out. 

Just did not understand the all in calls at such an early level??? any ideas??? personally i thought it was terrible play and showed either lack of expereince / too many beers this afternoon / or an escaped patient from area 51 .... am i right with my assessments?

Comments

• Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited November 2009
    He just wanted to gamble.

He should probably stick to blackjack/roulette
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    In Response to baffled!! can someone explain please:
    Just in a 30p DYM and were on the very first hand and this guy calls in 2k on level one blinds .... had me confused 45 chips at stake!! kept continually doing it every now and then through the low level blinds 2,3,4 & 5 etc. Did get caught out went all in with a 3,4 off suit and got called by a 10,10 and went out.  Just did not understand the all in calls at such an early level??? any ideas??? personally i thought it was terrible play and showed either lack of expereince / too many beers this afternoon / or an escaped patient from area 51 .... am i right with my assessments?
    Posted by margatemaf
    Probably right on all three
  • Options
    DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited November 2009
    30p is your explanation im afraid...simples.....

unless he was using it as a practice to see how far he could go.but that is useless also because of the low stakes...
  • Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2009
    At 30p a lot of them dont care which is why i stopped playing them.  The 30p 18 and 30 seater ones are best in my view
  • Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited November 2009
      It is somthing you see a lot at those limits. People are prepared to through it all in with any 2 cards to get a quick double up or crash out. I personally just stay away from them because it is impossinble to put them on any sort of range. That style of play is an overall losing style, so just sit back and laugh at them
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited November 2009
    Wanted to suck-out on someone big time that's all.
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: baffled!! can someone explain please:
      It is somthing you see a lot at those limits. People are prepared to through it all in with any 2 cards to get a quick double up or crash out. I personally just stay away from them because it is impossinble to put them on any sort of range. That style of play is an overall losing style, so just sit back and laugh at them
    Posted by Talon
    That's good to do unless your KK loses to Ax 2 times in one game.
  • Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited November 2009
    At 30p a lot of them dont care which is why i stopped playing them.  The 30p 18 and 30 seater ones are best in my view
    Posted by Torryladd

which games are these torry? i don't think i have seen these before ;)
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited November 2009
    Gambling 2000 chips to win 45, mmmnn.

Some people do it to try and scare opponents in to not calling against them when in the blinds.

If a player has a reputation for going all in at any sign of threat, people will stay away until someone has that monster.

Very weak play imo, but one of the extra things you have to contend with at 30p.
  • Options
    MANONTOPMANONTOP Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2009
     maybe he had a row with his partner and he was just cheesed off-- no really maybe he was a beginner and he was trying out the aggressive style-- u know the advice about gertting your chips in early!!!
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited November 2009
    we at sky are so sorry about this,

we now have just recaptured the lunatic,

and is safely locked back up in area 51,

regards
              from the sky straight jacket buster squad,

p.s. please note if you or any other players come across this strange behaviour ,

make the new sky buster force aware and we will take immediate action .

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    I will now do an experiment, i will go on a 30p table and go all in every hand, then come back and tell you how i done lol. i will also tell you if the chat box was in overdraft. Wish me luck peeps lol.
  • Options
    UrdadiUrdadi Member Posts: 297
    edited November 2009
    You see it a lot on the lower tables and early in the freerolls. Only way I have found to beat it is to only play premium hands.  Takes the fun out of the game though.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    I will now do an experiment, i will go on a 30p table and go all in every hand, then come back and tell you how i done lol. i will also tell you if the chat box was in overdraft. Wish me luck peeps lol.
    Posted by loonytoons
    well i was chip leader for 5 hands, got up to 2300 then hit the buffers against KK the jammy so and so lol. The best bit was the chat box, you wouldnt believe the things i was getting called lol. If only for the abuse aimed at you, i recommend you all give it a go, what a laugh it was, i could just picture their faces lool. Would love to see the player notes on me now ( the  biggest fish)
  • Options
    SirFrankSirFrank Member Posts: 197
    edited November 2009
    Yes, i suppose you could call it a 30p freeroll....lol
  • Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited November 2009
    Hi loony

Congratulations on your succesfull scientific experiment.

As a secondary issue, keep an eye out for the players that were on your 30p dym table.  if you come up against them again, you're going to get a lot of chips off them when you go all in with a premium hand , and they think "hello, loony's at it again".

Nice one mate.
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited November 2009
    lovin the experiment mate.

Really cheered me up.

I just wished I knew sooner. I would have railed you big style!!!
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited November 2009
    please note loony , the lunatic squad were called to your table ,

we had a  undercover agent at that table,

it took all my persuasion to call him off ,

do not try this again plzzzzz,

as a m8 i would hate to see you  end up in the humpty dumpty section of this forum,

regards irishrover aka kofi annan
  • Options
    Hogg321Hogg321 Member Posts: 260
    edited November 2009
    a lot of people in the 30p cash games are there for fun and just want some action

im building my bankroll from a freeroll at the moment, take advantage of these people. Everytime you pick up AA KK QQ just shove it, 1/2 the time you get called by A7 9 10 suited KJ