You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What is it with people and ace rag???

JKTJKT Member Posts: 14
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
This is the first time i've started a new discussion, I just wanted to get something off my chest.

This evening I played a few mtts and sng and things for me have finally come to a head reagarding people playing with ace rag. When i say ace rag I mean A 2,3, or 4.
Every tournie I went out off 2nite , I was out drawn when I had a much bigger ace and most of the time they only had 3 outs! 

I myself, never play ace rag because if you hit the ace you never really know where you are in the hand.

Please can someone tell me, why is it, that when someone sees an ace (regardless off the kicker) that they feel they have the nuts?

Comments

• Options
    BIGFISH_73BIGFISH_73 Member Posts: 16
    edited November 2009
    lol I can completely understand your frustration I wouldn't say never but I rarely play ace rag unless 3 handed or feel I have a decent read on a player. For me though it is not about what other players consider to be the nuts but what I feel about what cards I have, which is why I enjoy playing on this site because it accomadates all skill levels. I think we just have to get used to the fact that we are not playing Daniel Negranau in every game and not everyone shares our opinion of certain hands
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited November 2009
    very ul for you mate,it does happen alot.Depending on position stack size etc i mostly dump rag aces,unless suited especially if someone has raised.
  • Options
    juliehb14juliehb14 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: What is it with people and ace rag???:
    very ul for you mate,it does happen alot.Depending on position stack size etc i mostly dump rag aces,unless suited especially if someone has raised.
    Posted by dav1964
    I completly understand that but its amazing how many people STILL call a raise with ace rag even out of position!!
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited November 2009
    i play ace rag if,

no raise ,

or min raise,

but i will raise if no one b4 me has ,

but i will get rid if ace comes down on flop and some1 raises b4 me this part is the is the one to remember

• Options
    Hogg321Hogg321 Member Posts: 260
    edited November 2009
    feel for you, frustrating at times when you lose like that
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    I never play rag aces - my kicker must always be higher than a 5, unless its suited and then hands like A-2,A-3,A-4 are ok, i hope this helps
  • Options
    JKTJKT Member Posts: 14
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: What is it with people and ace rag???:
    I never play rag aces - my kicker must always be higher than a 5, unless its suited and then hands like A-2,A-3,A-4 are ok, i hope this helps
    Posted by loonytoons
    Thank you for all your help and you can tell what sort of players you guys are by admitting that if you do play ace rag and it comes down ace high, then you are good enough to get away from it, its a shame other players cant do that.

Thank you again guys
  • Options
    SirFrankSirFrank Member Posts: 197
    edited November 2009
    I only ever play ace rag when heads up!
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited November 2009
    i play rag aces in position when i know my villain will pay me off thinking he has the nuts with tptk when i hit the flop hard (2pair, trips, straight etc)
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    hi  jkt   a  very lot   not  all  players  on  here  cant  let  go   of  ace   rag   think  all  they  got to  do  is  an ace   no idea  u  play  it  with  a  strong  kicker  more  chance  of  winning