You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

A new low?

BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
The bubble has burst in a £3.30 dym so i am shoving every hand. Im automatically all in in the big blind and get slow rolled by AKs in SB... nice. Seen a few slow rollers tonight, so disrespectful.

Comments

• Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited November 2009
    Who cares, u cashed? Maybe he was looking for a new game as this one had finished?
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited November 2009
    hi blackfish--could it have been the connection mate?---I would never even dream of slow-rolling someone, but I was accused of it once when my connection was unresponsive, if someone is playing two tables with a slow connection, this could easily happen, and look like a slow roll--gl mate
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I care because it wasted a few seconds of my life.
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited November 2009
    lol--n1
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Maybe he had a phone call
    Maybe he had a lag spike
    Maybe he was sipping a drink

Slowrolling only applies in live poker imo, where its at showdown and u are last to show, give the impression your opponent has won the hand, and then show your hand to reveal that in fact you won.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    mmm possible, just it happened to me couple of times tonight and its annoying.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    So if someone needed 1 chip to call an all in when last to act and had pocket aces with a 10k stack blinds 1/2 online and deliberately let the bar run all the way down is that not slow rolling deadluck? Or is that only live?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    They've not called the bet yet, so no, its not slowrolling.
    Read my original post.

"Slowrolling only applies in live poker imo, where its at showdown and u are last to show, give the impression your opponent has won the hand, and then show your hand to reveal that in fact you won"

In online poker, the computer automatically shows your hand, making slowrolling impossible.
  • Options
    TENOFSPADETENOFSPADE Member Posts: 426
    edited November 2009
    HI BLACKFISH,I SEE THESE KIND OF THREADS TIME AND TIME AGAIN ,AND I WILL BE HONEST WITH YOU ....
    I WAS INVOLVED HEADS UPS IN A SIT N GO A FEW DAYS BACK ,BUT I WAS ALSO INVOLVED IN A BIG POT ON A MTT TABLE AT THE SAME TIME......
    THE GUY ON THE SIT N GO TABLE GAVE ME SOME ABUSE FOR SLOWROLLING HIM,I HAD JACKS ,HE HAD SEVENS ,AND HE LOST ....
    I WASNT SLOWROLLING HIM,I WAS JUST BUSY MULTI TABLEING,I CAUGHT UP WITH THE GUY LATER THAT EVENING ,AND EXPLAINED THE SITUATION TO HIM ,AND HE APOLOGIZED {I WASNT REALLY AFTER A APOLOGY ,JUST WANTED HIM TO KNOW THE CIRCUMSTANCES}
    SO TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT SO TO SPEAK ,ITS QUITE POSSIBLE THAT ,WHAT U THNK IS SLOW  ROLLING ,IS MAYBE THE OTHER GUY IS MULTI TABLEING..........TEN
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    dont  worry  u  cashed    thats  all u  wanted  to  do
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: A new low?:
    I care because it wasted a few seconds of my life.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    If your time is really that precious, you could leave the table once you have cashed.
    There is no point in playing on as many people have pointed out.
    This would save you LOTS more time.
    It would also save you from taking umbrage because someone "slowrolls" you in a pointless showdown.
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited November 2009
    lol, is this a wind up , you cashed in a £3 dym and you were slowrolled.  I bet the tension was killing you