You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

How often do you find yourself playing

midge8080midge8080 Member Posts: 32
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

just wondered how regular you all are to Sky poker, I've played 2 tournaments today and 3 yesterday aswell as numerous cash games(Only for small stakes)

What I'd like to ask is how often do you play and what is a typical poker session for you.

Also do you/have you played poker at other sites, I've played party poker in the past when I had a slow internet connection but now I have HS broadband can't see myself playing any other site the Sky poker, I like the fact that all the players are British and in the short time I've been here can already see how friendly and welcoming the site is

Comments

• Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited November 2009
    after reading the headline on this me was worried ,

most days i mmmm play poker
  • Options
    MH45706MH45706 Member Posts: 164
    edited November 2009
    I used to play alot more often (daily), but since iv got a chat ban (doh!!) I find it alot less enjoyable..Also got CoD;Modern Warfare which tends to take up most of my free/wasting time. Now its maybe once or twice a week if that.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited November 2009
    usually everyday.  multi-table 4 tables for about 6-12 hours.

• Options
    ness4ness4 Member Posts: 388
    edited November 2009
    I play low stakes also so I play most days also for a couple of hours..... I've been playing DYM sit n go's but a few people recomended I try deepstacks to get myself more comfortable playing in bigger tournaments (The MTT'S).
    Yes everyone is also very friendly, I didn't actually introduce myself in the introduce thread but everyone has been welcoming nonetheless!
  • Options
    jamesbozjamesboz Member Posts: 37
    edited November 2009
    I registered for this site ages ago but only in the last few days have i startedreally playing. Will usually play a few DYM tourneys on a night in a attempt to build up my bankroll/confidence
  • Options
    HartshorNHartshorN Member Posts: 616
    edited November 2009
    Well.

My firefox puts priority (Or sites most visited at the top).

And well hmmm im sort of a facebooker, and Sky Poker website is above facebook, on the list and at the top.

As for tournies used just play till i got bored, whether it be freerolls or cash.
  • Options
    LadyFingrsLadyFingrs Member Posts: 613
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: How often do you find yourself playing:
    Posted by scotty77
    grind on the mind.

About 5 hours a day, alternating between 4 tabling 6m and 2 tabling HU SnG's at the moment.
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    Of an evening I usually play in the 7pm Deepstack and then double up with the 8pm game, bankroll permitting.  During the day I used to play in the Bounty Hunters but this month I have started playing DYM STT games at the £10 level.
  • Options
    SirFrankSirFrank Member Posts: 197
    edited November 2009
    Im afriad to say very little on sky poker.....the trouble is....sky is not keeping up with the traffic!

There are so many more ...more appealing sites out there now ...most are dowloadable....in particularly keen on flash player poker...

Freerolls on other site are genuinly free, although some charge a fee!

I have to say im a bit of a poker parasite, in that, because ive lost a bit over the yrs ...im reluctant to deposit! I do however use this site as the feedback from other players about poker philosophy's and stragergies, and apply that where ever im playing!...

If sky were a bit more generous, i would play here more ...and as you will know ...most freeroll cash is recycled back into the site...so whats the big deal about offering freerolls that are realy free!

• Options
    edited November 2009
    So I wouldn't be alone in playing everyday then thats good,do most of you sort of play it professionally if so what are your aims for it maybe one day a place in WSOP
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Posted by scotty77
    I've noticed you a few times on 865 you are obviously a good player
  • Options
    SirFrankSirFrank Member Posts: 197
    edited November 2009
    correction ..."not particularly keen on flash player poker"
  • Options
    Hogg321Hogg321 Member Posts: 260
    edited November 2009
    just about everyday for 2-3 hours on the 30p SnGs at the moment building my way up :)
  • Options
    jamesbozjamesboz Member Posts: 37
    edited November 2009
    just about everyday for 2-3 hours on the 30p SnGs at the moment building my way up :)
    Posted by Hogg321
    Snap haha! just managed to win another one although was playing pretty poorly to be honest.
  • Options
    daveydaveydaveydavey Member Posts: 217
    edited November 2009
    Depends on social life really, if I didn't have a GF then i'd be all day every day :S

As it is on avergae I rekon 3 hours a day per week, still living as a student playing £2.20 scarys and taking about £30 p/w off the site. Not much and a poor wage per hours but I enjoy it..
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited November 2009
    Im also a student and play just when i have time, take about £25 a week on £3.30 dym.
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    useally   play  most   days   more  cash  than  tourneys
  • Options
    namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
    edited November 2009
    i play DYM most days and play the evening main event most days aswell
  • Options
    offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited November 2009
    10 table 8 hrs a day 4 or 5 days a week
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited November 2009
    About 4 hours a day, 3 days a week, maybe 4 then the odd weekend or evening game if I find the time.

On the forums loads though, you can pop in or out for literally 2 minutes.

I play 95% DYM as I find cash too slow and I can't generally do a MTT because of time constraints. I can only usually guarantee an hour at a time to play, but can do this 3 or 4 times in a day.

Started a couple of weeks ago on a few deepies during the day, but found I would have to go to pick up Cerby from school, usually, at the bubble.

Curse my child! Never have kids guys. I need to win at poker just to keep him in 'fruit shoots.'