You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Have you got a burning question?..........

acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

.......... problem with your poker play?, ever wanted to know about bridges, trains, diggers, pylons or trams? now you can, "ASK TIKAY", you can ask a question about any level of poker, even if you feel it is a silly or trivial, go on, give it a go, tikay, or one of us will be more than happy to help, WE DON,T BITE, honest :)

All you need to do is click on Ask tikay above, and post your question in the box at the bottom of the page, see, simples.

Comments

• Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November 2009
    to find the thread in question click here
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Have you got a burning question?..........:
    to find the thread in question click here
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich

Thank you :)
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited November 2009
    i think i speak for everyone when i say that we are all capable of reading and seeing the thread at the top of the page
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    i think i speak for everyone when i say that we are all capable of reading and seeing the thread at the top of the page
    Posted by scotty77
    Hi scotty

Once again, you miss the point sigh, I think there are players out in Sky Poker land that may have never used a forum before, so decided that as well as advertising it, I should try to set it at a level that hopefully will help newer, and less confident people post a question for tikay without feeling stupid.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Posted by scotty77
    it has been discussed that people often miss or don't read 'stickies'.

in this line of work its always best to give people as my different routes to the same information as possible.

remember... not everyone is as forum savvy as some of the regulars here
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Have you got a burning question?.......... : Hi scotty Once again, you miss the point sigh, I think there are players out in Sky Poker land that may have never used a forum before, so decided that as well as advertising it, I should try to set it at a level that hopefully will help newer, and less confident people post a question for tikay without feeling stupid.
    Posted by acebarry10
    Well said Barry
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Have you got a burning question?.......... : it has been discussed that people often miss or don't read 'stickies'. in this line of work its always best to give people as my different routes to the same information as possible. remember... not everyone is as forum savvy as some of the regulars here
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich, Kiwini

Thank you for that, it was greatly apreciated.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Have you got a burning question?.......... : Hi scotty Once again, you miss the point sigh, I think there are players out in Sky Poker land that may have never used a forum before, so decided that as well as advertising it, I should try to set it at a level that hopefully will help newer, and less confident people post a question for tikay without feeling stupid.
    Posted by acebarry10
    wow i thought i come across as patronising, but you just topped it there.

im sure that anyone who has clicked on this thread is more than capable of clicking on the ask tikay thread.

but w/e maybe im wrong and it is amazing to 'advertise' other forum threads by clogging up the forum with a thread about it.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Have you got a burning question?.......... : it has been discussed that people often miss or don't read 'stickies'. in this line of work its always best to give people as my different routes to the same information as possible. remember... not everyone is as forum savvy as some of the regulars here
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    theres giving people a helping hand and then theres taking them for morons.

but w/e ill leave it be now
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    Personally I think Barry does and excellent job and I know from posts on the forum that the Sky Team do to.  PLEASE keep up the good work Barry.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Personally I think Barry does and excellent job and I know from posts on the forum that the Sky Team do to.  PLEASE keep up the good work Barry.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Hi Kiwini

I promise you, I dont mean to stop :)

I have had the privilige of tutoring for 3 years (Extemely succesful 1, Feedback proven), and obviously this means lots of training, one of the firts things that is learnt, always think about the time you asked a question in strange surroundings, and how you felt, a brainstorming session was done, the top 3 were alway, stupid, uncomfortable, feeling they knew nothing, Armed with that 3 years of experience put me in good stead for aiming at newbies, because I know just how they feel.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Have you got a burning question?.......... : theres giving people a helping hand and then theres taking them for morons. but w/e ill leave it be now
    Posted by scotty77

a difference of opinion is fine and to be honest what this forum is all about.

but remember the overall goal here (for me) is to make this forum a welcoming, unthreatening place for new users
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    .... and Barry (and Steve) are a fantastic help in trying to achieve this
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    .... and Barry (and Steve) are a fantastic help in trying to achieve this
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich

Once again thank you.
  • Options
    namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
    edited November 2009
    calm down scotty!OK,sometimes Barry's post might be a bit unecesarry or things most of us already know.But i think he does a great job,i have been reminded of the odd tourney that i have forgotten about in the past and appriciate the help ;)

he has no motive other than being helpful(and now the posters freeroll ;p) and i for one am happy to see his posts everyday :)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    calm down scotty!OK,sometimes Barry's post might be a bit unecesarry or things most of us already know.But i think he does a great job,i have been reminded of the odd tourney that i have forgotten about in the past and appriciate the help ;) he has no motive other than being helpful(and now the posters freeroll ;p) and i for one am happy to see his posts everyday :)
    Posted by namesb0nd
    Hi m8

Thank you too :)