You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Make ALL Bounty Hunters rebuys!

Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
edited April 2012 in Community Suggestions

Well I’ve recently started playing the low BI BH’s (the £2.30 ones) and despite the increased rake I see more value in them than say the £2.20 deep stacks where there is far less gamble and also obviously a longer time commitment for a first prize that’s often quite meagre for the effort put in.

For example 1st place in 7.15 is usually around 20-25 BI’s compared to 35+ in the 8.05 BH, plus of course the bounty’s you win increase that further.

However due to bounty aspect the prize pool is always half of what it should be so players going for the win are rewarded less.  

A simple remedy to this in my eyes is to make them all rebuys as then the prize pools will increase to a very good amount whilst the number of players remain the same (yes they don’t drop much in rebuy period but that’s by the by) and you have more bounty’s out there as well even more value.

Most players who play BH’s are gambly-gambly fun-fun players who are essentially playing a complicated version of roulette so will most likely leap at the chance to rebuy when that little black box comes up, only another 2 bob, why not ? This is then obvz multiplied muchos times which equals lots of moniez.

In terms of Sky they earn bags more with the rebuys being raked (I presume) so positive for them.

There are however some people who are firmly opposed to rebuys (I was one of them) but when you break it down there is no logic in hating them. An example being you have position on an awful player who ends up getting it in pre w/KQ in the first level v your AA you hold and he goes out, now this player has just handed you his/her stack so why now are you against him/her rebuying in the same position so you can most likely do it again, this time with the buffer of his/her full stack to cushion any beats?

I also here the whine about ‘But deez only benefit da rich guys who pay loadsa money cus he rich, not fair !’ Well for a start you don’t have to rebuy, instead have an once of self control and if you lose click the exit tourney button and start a new one. Of course add-ons are a different story but lets just pretend they don’t exist and if they do again just don’t buy it lol really not hard.

Well that went on quite a bit but had to give as much detail as poss, look forward to others views :)

Comments

• Options
    Batkin88Batkin88 Member Posts: 1,682
    edited April 2012
    I like the idea of this i think you should have different amount rebuys aswell but prob not in BH's