You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

A short story about Sky Bet and a football 'banker'

MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
edited April 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat

Last night, I got a text of those nice folk from Sky Bet giving me a free £15 bet on any football bet, due to a small error on their part. This was a nice gesture so I was adamant that I was going to use it.

I only had 1/2 hour to put this bet on before the night's games kicked off. I didn't have much time to study form etc so I plumped for an advertised treble in the form of CHELSEA, REAL MADRID and OLIMPIA (who?). This was paying odds of 5/2 so I was happy to go for it.

Whilst watching the footy last night, I was confident that Real were going to walk it but got worried when the equalizer went in at Chelsea. However, after Chelsea scored their winner, I just needed this other result to come in.

I starting searching for the result with no luck so got onto Sky Bet chat to find out if I had won. TBH, I have never heard of OLIMPIA so wasn't really sure where to check. After 1/2 hour or so, the advisor informed me that OLIMPIA were in fact a 'Hungarian' side and were not actually playing until 2am!!. 

So this morning, after searching for another 1/2 hour or so without success, I got back onto Sky Bet chat........

Seems this team are actually Paraguayan and were playing in the South American equivalent of the Champions League......

.....and they lost SIX NIL!!!!!! :(

Comments