You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Team Challenges!!???? Some Ideas!!

HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
edited April 2012 in Community Suggestions

Team Challenge Matches, Moving Forward, 3 to 7??

posted at 30/3/2012 11:17 AM BST on SkyPoker.com

First: 30/6/2009
Last: 10/4/2012

Re: Team Challenge II

posted at 29/3/2012 11:20 AM BST on SkyPoker.com

First: 8/4/2011
Last: 29/3/2012

What a great set of games and really close!

Any ideas for round three?

Thanks
Sky Poker

Re: Team Challenge Matches, Moving Forward, 3 to 7??

posted at 30/3/2012 11:17 AM BST on SkyPoker.com

First: 30/6/2009
Last: 10/4/2012
tbf. I Think this format was ideal!! Generated a massive rail!!! All of who would love to have the oppurtunity to play!!

My suggestion would be..If Sky could manage it....to have maybe 3/4/5 More of these, with Captains/Teams picking their Super6 again!!

This would allow Each team to decide how / who to select...thus can go for form, or people who have helped teams, Newbies, Captains Select or just even Draw for a place as we did!!

Then Everybody has a chance to play/represent so interest will be kept high!!

At the End of say Team Challenge6, there could be a MTT Play-off for say All Match winners & Maybe 2nd places, this would create a tornie of roughly 35-40 or 60-70 Players, depending on whether 2nd's places are included, which would be a tremendous Target for people to aspire to!!

I would be prepared to create A Sky Team Challenge League Table logging results from previous Team Challenge 1 & 2 onwards to the last One 7?? [Prob 6 points for win to One Point for 6th, of each Challenge result]

These could be played on last weds of every month or maybe better fortnightly!! I do think as Team Captain Once a week is probably a strain on Organising/picking a Team, & checking availability, espacially for the Bigger Teams who have more people to consider!!

The Last Challenge7 MTT would be Great, with the Smaller Teams having I guesss most of their players qualified & the Bigger Teams may have prob similar Numbers in [guess 6-9], so it should end on a very fair playing field, so we have a true test against each other!!

Hey, can be full of good ideas some times....and everyone says I'm Stooopid!!

Thoughts????

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,926
    edited April 2012
    How about another team comp like the original team comp sky ran?

It consisted of 5 mtts, of varying formats/games etc, played mon-fri. 

Teams were made up of 10 players, and the league was scored on total money won throughout the week for each team.

There was also awards for the MVP's of the week etc.

I realise the teams that currently exist are really big, but there's no reason why they can't be broken down into teams within a team. "Hitsquad 3rd team" "TKP 5th team" etc.

btw, champions of the "sky poker team championship series 1" were a little known outfit named "Team DOHHHHHHH" ;) When 4 of my team final tabled the last tournament on the Friday night to take us from mid-table obscurity to an epic comeback victory. Unfortunately I wasn't there to see it as I was sleeping off a horrific hangover, and only found out on the Saturday morning!

#CaptainSkills. 

Been waiting about 2 years to defend the title now!!!!! 

I believe it was this tournament that started the team craze on sky too, when "team kinghts" and "team plop" merged after the week finished? Who knows what might come of it.......

Game on  ..... ???
  • Options
    liamboi11liamboi11 Member Posts: 2,141
    edited April 2012
    ideas for challenges

1- heads up comp pick like 4 from each team to play the compeition.

2-cash table player from each team play on a mastercash table set a time limit and whatever players has most profit at the end wins the pts for their team.

just ideas though but i`m available for my team if selected whatever challenges are made.
  • Options
    SlykllistSlykllist Member Posts: 2,888
    edited April 2012
    I very like DOHHHHHHH's suggestion

I'd be happy to help out with managing information / spreadsheets etc. if something can be organised.

Been thinking about organising another team challenge after the race to £20,012 thing so would be well up for something like this.