You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Bet Fred are a joke!

joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
edited April 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat
1st  the bad news, I bust out of the GUKPT event today, Rosjim still going strong though. Now the good news, although Junior was my main bet for the national ( backed it several times over number of weeks),  had 50ew on the winner (same bet on Calgary Bay). Took the 40/1 with Mr Done this morning so blinked 2,600. Nice!! Popped to the shop at 5.30 just after busting out of the event, was their main branch in Stockton. Only to be told I had to go back Monday after 3pm because they had banked all the cash! Wtf??? I, like most on here, am a knowledgable punter, and I know that nowadays their systems flag up what winners are due and amounts etc. But it gets worse, I wanted a decent bet on Hamilton for tomorrows Grand Prix as I still think he is value to win it. I was told the max they would lay was £50, again, WTF??? Call themselves a National Bookmakers!!! I got chatting to some other poker players back at the venue who've had similar issues with the same firm. I'm gonna make a strong complaint on Monday and vow NEVER to use them again. Anyone else had issues with them??

Comments

• Options
    _ARAZI__ARAZI_ Member Posts: 549
    edited April 2012
    A few years ago me and a load of mates had a red hot tip for a horse running at kelso and all pooled our cash together on a saturday afternoon then went down to the local Dones shop.

The horse was actually showing at 9/2 on the early prices and this was about 3 hours before the off time.

I went to the counter and tried to get just under £2000 win on it and was told the max they would take was £50 even though we were all reg £200+ punters in the shop and not some strangers walking in off the street.

We left the shop and drove 3 miles to the next available betting shop which happened to be a Dones :)

We were all strangers in this shop and figured there would be no chance getting anymore than £50 on it but we give it a go anyway.

2 mins later we got the full £2000 on the horse at 9/2 in one go without any questions or problems of any sort and a few hours later the horse romped in by about 15lengths :)

We were told we couldnt get paid until the monday but tbh for that amount of cash on a run of the mill saturday i was expecting it.

The only thing i could never work out is why 1 shop turned us down and the other didnt say a dickiebird when they were both the same firm ?

I think aswell mate that on grand national day especially the shops lock the safes earlier than normal due to the amount of cash they have in there and only keep enough float for the average joe publics bets and keep all of the bigger payouts until the monday.
  • Options
    shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited April 2012
    be happy you only lost £50 on hammilton :).....well done on the horses win
  • Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Bet Fred are a joke!:
    be happy you only lost £50 on hammilton :).....well done on the horses win
    Posted by shuv
    Lol I wish. . . I walked the 50 yards to Lads's took the 1/2 point less and had my £200's worth there. 
  • Options
    igimcigimc Member Posts: 625
    edited April 2012
    You're not allowed to critisize bet fred on here,it breaks forum
    rules,oh wait a minute,thats skybet...i'm all confused now...If
    you have a problem contact customer care,or not,i don't know.
    you talkin to me??
  • Options
    MickFoleyMickFoley Member Posts: 86
    edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Bet Fred are a joke!:
    You're not allowed to critisize bet fred on here,it breaks forum rules,oh wait a minute,thats skybet...i'm all confused now...If you have a problem contact customer care,or not,i don't know. you talkin to me??
    Posted by igimc

HAHA THIS GUY IS SPOT ON, no other betting it can be criticised as Skybet is the official worst out of every single one i have used and if any should be criticised it should be this, Horrific odds and I mean horrific 18/1 for over 5.5 goals in a game on Betfair 6/1 on Skybet.
     Why anyone would even use Skybet is beyond belief missing out on such bigger odds elsewhere. Cant really relate to original post about not getting winnings as never go inside grotty bookmaker just use the internet to bet.

Can understand this guys point though about slagging them off and different story when its something related to sky .