You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

THOUGHTS ON HURRICANE FLY

THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
edited April 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat

CERTAIN PEOPLE WHO I NO HAVE WRITTEN THIS HORSE OFF BECAUSE OF ITS DISSAPOINTING RUN AT CHELTENHAM, I PERSONALLY FEEL THAT THIS WAS NOTHING MORE THAN AN OFF DAY SO HAVE DECIDED TO START BARKING IT NOW FOR THE CHAMPION HURDLE 2013 @ 6/1, I NO ITS EARLY AND THE CHAMPION HURDLE WILL BE AN EVEN STRONGER RACE NEXT YEAR BUT I THINK IF THIS HORSE IS AT ITS BEST THEN WILL BE REAL TOUGH TO BEAT!!!

Comments

• Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited April 2012

I wouldnt be tempted at 6/1 its 8 years old only made it to cheltenham twice. the champion hurdle it won wasnt the strongest imo and other younger horses will improve more.
    if it gets to cheltenham then 6/1 would look massive on a horse that went off 4/6 this year good luck with your barks

• Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited April 2012
    In Response to THOUGHTS ON HURRICANE FLY:
    CERTAIN PEOPLE WHO I NO HAVE WRITTEN THIS HORSE OFF BECAUSE OF ITS DISSAPOINTING RUN AT CHELTENHAM, I PERSONALLY FEEL THAT THIS WAS NOTHING MORE THAN AN OFF DAY SO HAVE DECIDED TO START BARKING IT NOW FOR THE CHAMPION HURDLE 2013 @ 6/1, I NO ITS EARLY AND THE CHAMPION HURDLE WILL BE AN EVEN STRONGER RACE NEXT YEAR BUT I THINK IF THIS HORSE IS AT ITS BEST THEN WILL BE REAL TOUGH TO BEAT!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573[/QUOTE
    I personally wouldn't put you off. At this stage I think it would be fav' to go off fav next year. Let's look at the opposition. I don't think there was any outstanding novice/junior hurdler this year. Grumati and Darlan look very good flat track cruisers. Cinders And Ashes looked just an ave winner of the Supreme. As for this years contenders, Zarkander is DEFO going up in distance and prob be Big Buck's biggest threat. Leaves Rock On Ruby and Granduet. Neither boast Group 1 level form. I just think the 'hurricane' had an off day this year after an interrupted prep. It doesn't have too many miles on the clock so age shouldn't be a problem next year. A little investment every week should leave u in a strong position to trade next March.
  • Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited April 2012

the front running tactics of the first two (the winner rock on ruby which i tipped up on the cheltenham thread) caught the Fly out as walsh and AP were playing games with each other with prolonged waiting tactics.

the first two went off too quickly approaching home and walsh couldnt get to them.

this is coming from someone who took the horse on betting wise, but if anyone says that Hurricane Fly is past it on merits of that race then they are either a) talking through their pockets, b) have no knowledge of racing or c) both of the above.

to be beaten 3 or 4 lengths in a champ hurdle hardly makes you ready for the knackers yard.

the race was also run 3 seconds quicker than the flys previous years victory.  (3 mins 50 secs as opposed to 2011's champ hurdle winning time 3 mins 53 secs)

in regards to the 6/1 available, its a great price, if (sorry that should be IF) the fly turns up he'll go off 9/4 max, probs shorter again.

tread with caution when ante post betting, quick way of getting your fingers burnt without even getting a sweat of ur pick racing at all.

especially link that with the now annual merry go round of will he wont he turn up in march when it comes to Mullins' stable star.

i learnt that this year with going in time and time again on Spirit Son ante post before injury ruled him out, and therefore finding Rock on Ruby as my next best.

if the aforementioned Spirit son lines up next year I think he wins.

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,313
    edited April 2012
    AS SAID THE PROBLEM WITH ANTE POST BETS IS THE HORSE TURNING UP FIT

6-1 LOOKS brilliant if he gets there

Say he does and he goes off 2-1, is it better to have £60 with a run or £20 on the hope he is fit and well come March 2013 and a superstar hasnt emerged by then.

Be careful of the ALDERBROOK FACTOR

fATHER v
  • Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited April 2012
    and at fancier ante post prices again, this time for Gold cup,  ill be nibbling away at medermit at around the 40's mark with a quid or 2 each and every day of the summer, will just go without my strawberry cornetto and will fit into my jeans better to boot.

will have a nice wager at the end on the 2013 Gold Cup winner MEDERMIT  : )

and if it goes awry i wont the miss the quid everyday will i
  • Options
    DUNMIDOSHDUNMIDOSH Member Posts: 1,473
    edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: THOUGHTS ON HURRICANE FLY:
    In Response to THOUGHTS ON HURRICANE FLY :
    CERTAIN PEOPLE WHO I NO HAVE WRITTEN THIS HORSE OFF BECAUSE OF ITS DISSAPOINTING RUN AT CHELTENHAM, I PERSONALLY FEEL THAT THIS WAS NOTHING MORE THAN AN OFF DAY SO HAVE DECIDED TO START BARKING IT NOW FOR THE CHAMPION HURDLE 2013 @ 6/1, I NO ITS EARLY AND THE CHAMPION HURDLE WILL BE AN EVEN STRONGER RACE NEXT YEAR BUT I THINK IF THIS HORSE IS AT ITS BEST THEN WILL BE REAL TOUGH TO BEAT!!! Posted by THEROCK573[/QUOTE I personally wouldn't put you off. At this stage I think it would be fav' to go off fav next year. Let's look at the opposition. I don't think there was any outstanding novice/junior hurdler this year. Grumati and Darlan look very good flat track cruisers. Cinders And Ashes looked just an ave winner of the Supreme. As for this years contenders, Zarkander is DEFO going up in distance and prob be Big Buck's biggest threat. Leaves Rock On Ruby and Granduet. Neither boast Group 1 level form. I just think the 'hurricane' had an off day this year after an interrupted prep. It doesn't have too many miles on the clock so age shouldn't be a problem next year. A little investment every week should leave u in a strong position to trade next March.
    Posted by joesman1
    I agree with your comments but have to say Darlan is a much better horse than it's results prove at the moment. Tactics and an unfortunate fall made it possibly the unluckiest horse in National Hunt this year.
    I think you'll see a much better horse next year!
  • Options
    cinnanaticinnanati Member Posts: 155
    edited April 2012

yes i think hurricane fly is massive at 6s but ive already started backing cinders and ashes currently around 14s for next year if it keeps improving i cant see it being out 1rst 3 ive also had a major punt on sir des champs for gold cup easy muni if they turn up fit

• Options
    chopos180chopos180 Member Posts: 176
    edited April 2012
    the fly will hack up next week at Punchestown.
    as for the Champion Hurdle.
    Grumeti will do a Katchit and win for A.King.
  • Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: THOUGHTS ON HURRICANE FLY:
    the fly will hack up next week at Punchestown. as for the Champion Hurdle. Grumeti will do a Katchit and win for A.King.
    Posted by chopos180
    the first bit about the fly hacking up next week i 100% agree but the grumeti bit, dont think so somehow!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    what is ur views on the champion hurdle or anything else ante-post THEROCK
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    sprinter sacre will not stay push 2m 4f. They wont look anywhere else but the Champion Chase.
    Should of done a Master Minded and won this year instead of the softer option.