You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

deepstack idea!

stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,641
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Now i know people are going to start moaning their bag off about starting another deepstack thread, but i,m (and other regular deepstack players) getting concerned about the drop in numbers in the mid-range tournies (24 runners tues night).Anyway we were chatting and disscusing things to improve the numbers and we noticed that tikays sleepie seems to get more runners even though its £11 because the man plays himself.So if its not possible to put a gtd on the offodable or the £5 tounies perhaps we could have more presenters playing in the mid-range tournies maybe 3 or 4  playing in the same tournament i think the numbers would go through the roof, you could even put bounties on their heads to make it more intresting.One of the guys even suggested a monthly tournament with all the presenters but could imagine that the intrest would be immeasurable,obviously you would have to take the presenters commitments into account so that might not be possible,anyway just some thoughts we had to try and help.
Regards Sean
PSthanks for the imput from Paperon.silversun6,pod1 and anybody i,ve missed.

Comments

• Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November 2009
    a quick note guys - i have changed the name of this thread. although attention grabbing its not really appropriate for this discussion.

thanks for being understanding

Rich
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: deepstack idea!:
    a quick note guys - i have changed the name of this thread. although attention grabbing its not really appropriate for this discussion. thanks for being understanding Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    sorry thought id bring it to everyones attention 
  • Options
    FlutNushFlutNush Member Posts: 371
    edited November 2009
    I can still see the original thread title on namesb0nd's post. Needless to say, I find this hugely offensive. Can I report him for a chat ban please?
  • Options
    NeildownNeildown Member Posts: 1,635
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: deepstack idea! : sorry thought id bring it to everyones attention 
    Posted by stokefc
    Really want to know what it was called now.....Nutz Deep stack?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I can still see the original thread title on namesb0nd's post. Needless to say, I find this hugely offensive. Can I report him for a chat ban please?
    Posted by FlutNush
    You crack me up my friend
  • Options
    brookbridbrookbrid Member Posts: 133
    edited November 2009

Grow up.

• Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited November 2009
    Is it an acronym?
    If so, what does it stand for?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    wish i never put it now gonna get talked about more than the post
  • Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited November 2009
    Ironically, i completely ignored this thread initially.  But once the name was changed, I couldnt help but take a look lol
  • Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited November 2009
    Hi Stoke

Getting back on subject, your ideas are really good (plus those that contributed that you mentiona above). 

I think there is a wee bit of a problem with some deepstack tournaments being more fashionable as it were, and as you say, the presence of presenters and analysts will give some tourneys a higher profile. 

If as you suggest, a presenter/analyst can on occasion play in the other tourneys, they would get a lift, so hopefully someone at sky will give this thread some attention and get back to you.  Good luck with your idea mate.

Ray
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    what  that  old  saying   stokefc  silance  is  golden
  • Options
    paparonpaparon Member Posts: 186
    edited November 2009
    good idea stoke m8 the  only 10 seater which brings in decent numbers is the tikays sleepostack which tikay usually plays in the other 11 quid buy ijn are lucky to get 20 runners
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2009
    In Response to deepstack idea!:
    Now i know people are going to start moaning their bag off about starting another deepstack thread, but i,m (and other regular deepstack players) getting concerned about the drop in numbers in the mid-range tournies (24 runners tues night).Anyway we were chatting and disscusing things to improve the numbers and we noticed that tikays sleepie seems to get more runners even though its £11 because the man plays himself.So if its not possible to put a gtd on the offodable or the £5 tounies perhaps we could have more presenters playing in the mid-range tournies maybe 3 or 4  playing in the same tournament i think the numbers would go through the roof, you could even put bounties on their heads to make it more intresting.One of the guys even suggested a monthly tournament with all the presenters but could imagine that the intrest would be immeasurable,obviously you would have to take the presenters commitments into account so that might not be possible,anyway just some thoughts we had to try and help. Regards Sean PSthanks for the imput from Paperon.silversun6,pod1 and anybody i,ve missed.
    Posted by stokefc
    Good Idea
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,924
    edited November 2009

I try to play in any or all of the 7pm Deepies, & I will continue to play them if I'm available. Not sure how that helps, mind!

Also.....

I don't want to get different Threads & ideas confused, so be aware, I'll be floating some ideas for changes to the Buy-Ins to the 7pm Deepies. Several players have approached me & asked if I can assist with this, & I'll try. Please do not conduct the debate on this Thread though - keep your powder dry for now please.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited November 2009
    In Response to deepstack idea!:
    Now i know people are going to start moaning their bag off about starting another deepstack thread, but i,m (and other regular deepstack players) getting concerned about the drop in numbers in the mid-range tournies (24 runners tues night).Anyway we were chatting and disscusing things to improve the numbers and we noticed that tikays sleepie seems to get more runners even though its £11 because the man plays himself.So if its not possible to put a gtd on the offodable or the £5 tounies perhaps we could have more presenters playing in the mid-range tournies maybe 3 or 4  playing in the same tournament i think the numbers would go through the roof, you could even put bounties on their heads to make it more intresting.One of the guys even suggested a monthly tournament with all the presenters but could imagine that the intrest would be immeasurable,obviously you would have to take the presenters commitments into account so that might not be possible,anyway just some thoughts we had to try and help. Regards Sean PSthanks for the imput from Paperon.silversun6,pod1 and anybody i,ve missed.
    Posted by stokefc
    Yes it may be that Tikay plays this tournament. But more often than not its on his personal account. The guy loves Sky and plays it in his time off.. If you are sat with "tikay1" he is playing with his own money and playing for profit, yes he will still have a crack with everyone but he is off duty. Only when he is playing as "Tikay10" is he actually on duty. So the likely hood of getting "More presenters to play them" is unlikely as most of them don't play online on their time off, or if thye did they would be the high staked games on other sites I imagine.

As far as I know only Rich and Tikay play from home when not working (although im sure others do under a secret alias).

I do think having a GTD on these would be good though, when I used to run the league on here we got 100+ every night, and putting a GTD on it will encourage others to play again.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    get what your saying flash but couldnt sky get 3 or 4 presenters in the studio to play these games afterall they,d make their bi back with the amount of players entering...sry tk
    Edit: If they did this a couple of nights a week there would be at least two tournaments a week to look forward to and  be within the means of alot of players too
  • Options
    SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,736
    edited November 2009
    Lisa plays as LML
  • Options
    booboo69booboo69 Member Posts: 196
    edited November 2009
    I too think it's a good idea, but I can't see the presenters wanting a bounty on their head, especially when playing with own money.