You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Another reason not to play tired!!

labrat64labrat64 Member Posts: 987
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Yesterday i had an 80 mile round trip, xmas shopping at The Mall and Cribbs Causeway in Bristol. In the evening my wife and kids dragged me to Cwmbran to see the switch on of the xmas lights.

Then at half seven i played in the "posters freeroll". Just before the break i was dealt QQ in the cut off. AceBarry was Dominating our table and was calling a lot, so as he was on the sb i shoved and as expected he called. I was delighted when he turned over 33, and felt even better when he failed to improve. When the chips shifted over to him and it said i was out in 30th, i couldn't understand why!!

I went into the HH and found that my QQ was actually Q10o, boy did i feel stupid, shoving 15 bb with that. lol

Guess i should get some glasses or maybe just learn the cards lol.

Comments

• Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited November 2009
      Nobody could stop barry lastnight so i wouldnt worry about it. He could have played72 off everyhand and still won. He even sucked out on me to knock me out with his raggy Q9 outdrawing my brilliant Q7.

If you had have had QQ the 3 would have hit because it was his night. Next time you plan on playing tired like that can you let me know what table you are on.
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Another reason not to play tired!!:
    Yesterday i had an 80 mile round trip, xmas shopping at The Mall and Cribbs Causeway in Bristol. In the evening my wife and kids dragged me to Cwmbran to see the switch on of the xmas lights. Then at half seven i played in the "posters freeroll". Just before the break i was dealt QQ in the cut off. AceBarry was Dominating our table and was calling a lot, so as he was on the sb i shoved and as expected he called. I was delighted when he turned over 33, and felt even better when he failed to improve. When the chips shifted over to him and it said i was out in 30th, i couldn't understand why!! I went into the HH and found that my QQ was actually Q10o, boy did i feel stupid, shoving 15 bb with that. lol Guess i should get some glasses or maybe just learn the cards lol.
    Posted by labrat64
    Hi m8

It happens, even the great tikay, and me for that matter have done it, you still played well imo.
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    done worst then that labrat64 i have mistaken 44  foe aa pushed all in with it got crushed
  • Options
    achillachill Member Posts: 1,056
    edited November 2009
    Haha

Working nights this week and played posters fr when i should have been sleeping.

Donked all my chips away to Merenovice.
  • Options
    labrat64labrat64 Member Posts: 987
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Another reason not to play tired!!:
      Nobody could stop barry lastnight so i wouldnt worry about it. He could have played72 off everyhand and still won. He even sucked out on me to knock me out with his raggy Q9 outdrawing my brilliant Q7.  If you had have had QQ the 3 would have hit because it was his night. Next time you plan on playing tired like that can you let me know what table you are on.
    Posted by Talon
    yes he was an unstoppable object last night, i agree.
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    Should have gone to Specsavers:)
  • Options
    jamesbozjamesboz Member Posts: 37
    edited November 2009
    Im always so shocked when i get a hand like QQ I triple check them before making a bet just to make sure!
  • Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited November 2009
    yeh, i get really frustrated when im tired, start going all in all the time, wastin money.
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited November 2009
    How could you call 15BB with 33 Barry... i have no respect for that sort of call... unless the other guy has a 2 in his hand you are flipping at best... jeeeez
  • Options
    SHANXTASHANXTA Member Posts: 1,507
    edited November 2009
    it's true, the call wiv 33 is worse than d push with Q10 wiv 15 bb's, by quite a way!
  • Options
    namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
    edited November 2009
    oops :s ul mate,at least it was a freeroll though.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited November 2009
    the call with 33 is way worse than your push.

but yeah playing while tired cost me 700£ last night live by being a tilt fish.  left the G at 6am Thursday, got back at 7am...played online til 11...slept till 4.30pm...back driving and stuff and get to G again at 7.30.  by the time im on the cash table im hitting the wall and then I get my JJ done by 85o in a pretty LOL fashion for a 750 pot so I tilt and reload like another 400 and play like a total fish.