You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Multitabling and shot taking

OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
I suppose this is really a question to those who multitable, and have climbed the stakes ladder so to speak as their br increases (cash).

I played at nl20 (5-6 tabling) for quite a bit and built up a decent roll for nl50 (27bi`s).  I gave nl50 a shot and started off well but then started losing.  I was still rolled for nl50 but decided to move back to nl20, partly through lack of confidence and partly because I had to withdraw a good part of my br.

When I did take the shot, I played all 5-6 tables at nl50, and maybe this was the problem.  Should I have played 4 @ nl20, and 1-2 @nl50. Strange thing is, I dont really like mixing my stakes, (Ive no idea why, maybe I have a minor touch of ocd as I couldnt even bring myself to play nl25 on stars because the BB wasnt exactly double the SB, w.t.f??, but thats a different story).

Also, I know there are nl30 and nl40 tables but these seem to be unpopular and is rare to get 6 tables going of that on here, so that would mean mixing the stakes again.

Just wondering what the regs did when taking a shot and what worked for them etc.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited November 2009
    I see no reason why it can't be easier for you to mix the stakes. 

At 3/4am every morning I will usually be on 6 tables from 20nl thru to 200nl, it ain't that hard just tile the tables from lowest to highest and vice versa.

30nl gets 4/5 running I think most nights, but IMO it is far more important to table select.  If you are gonna take shots at 50nl, don't go for the ones that are full of nit regs.

I'd far rather be on a easy 20nl table than a 100nl table full of nit fish who just pass blinds around.

• Options
    CLIOKIDCLIOKID Member Posts: 783
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Multitabling and shot taking:
    I see no reason why it can't be easier for you to mix the stakes.  At 3/4am every morning I will usually be on 6 tables from 20nl thru to 200nl, it ain't that hard just tile the tables from lowest to highest and vice versa. 30nl gets 4/5 running I think most nights, but IMO it is far more important to table select.  If you are gonna take shots at 50nl, don't go for the ones that are full of nit regs. I'd far rather be on a easy 20nl table than a 100nl table full of nit fish who just pass blinds around.
    Posted by scotty77
    50NL does seem to be very reggish at the moment. Even a few of the higher stakes regs seem to be on 50nl quite alot!

I've been rolled for 50/1 a few times and then made withdrawals and just continued at 25/50. I run so cold at 100nl on here for some reason that I've lost my confidence to play it regularly.

As an aside, how do you guys manage withdrawals?

I generally take out lump sums every now and then but not sure if smaller and more regular withdrawals would benefit the BR better in the long run.
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    just  keep  to  comfort  zone    most  players  that   multi  table  only  play  the top  ten  hands
  • Options
    LadyFingrsLadyFingrs Member Posts: 613
    edited November 2009
    just  keep  to  comfort  zone    most  players  that   multi  table  only  play  the top  ten  hands
    Posted by scrumdown
    wrong.

idk, i dont really thinhk this is something you can get advice on?

If you can do it, do it, if you can't don't.

Is easy.

EDIT: When i take shots I 2 table, but thats not relevant for you lol.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    As an aside, how do you guys manage withdrawals?

i usually only keep a grand in my poker account, any more and im tempted by 500nl etc, so usually everyday.

EDIT: When i take shots I 2 table, but thats not relevant for you lol.

this is good, when shot taking you wanna keep your concentration at best.  having played with Omahony, you don't strike me as someone that is affected by fancy play syndrome, so just 2 table at 50nl for a bit so you can concentrate to the max. 
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited November 2009
    `having played with Omahony, you don't strike me as someone that is affected by fancy play syndrome, so just 2 table at 50nl for a bit so you can concentrate to the max. `

Not sure I understand this.  Is this a good thing or a bad thing.  I wouldve thought the higher up in stakes the more FPS you should use, or not?

At what level does abc stop working?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    `having played with Omahony, you don't strike me as someone that is affected by fancy play syndrome, so just 2 table at 50nl for a bit so you can concentrate to the max. ` Not sure I understand this.  Is this a good thing or a bad thing.  I wouldve thought the higher up in stakes the more FPS you should use, or not? At what level does abc stop working?
    Posted by OMahonyO
    No I meant it like some people play 4/5 tables because if they only play 1/2 then they get board and start playing ATC.

If mixing limits bother you that much, then just play 2 tables until you are more confident about your BR. 
  • Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited November 2009
    sorry i cant get my head around this thread, im not really a big fan of bank roll management.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    sorry i cant get my head around this thread, im not really a big fan of bank roll management.
    Posted by nirvana29
    yeah geeks only in this thread plz obv ;)