You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Eng vs WI 3rd Test

JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
edited June 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat

Eng currently 3/1 on Bet365.

I'm guessing the weather is atrocious? Shame.

If sum1can do an anti-rain dance, this has to be lump on time!

Actually, I think WI are going to play their "mystery spinner" Narine, so maybe 18/1 on the WI is the stand out bet*

*Not really - he shouldn't be able to do much with a wet ball in alien conditions & Eng are pretty solid against any1@home.

Comments

• Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited June 2012
    If I back anything, it'll be "Under" on the first wicket partnership of whichever team bats first.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited June 2012
    **** weather, totally ruined my plans for today :(
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Eng vs WI 3rd Test:
    If I back anything, it'll be "Under" on the first wicket partnership of whichever team bats first.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Darn it - prob a gud shout there EP.

Oh, and I've posted a reasoned / boring (delete as appropriate) response to you in the Eruo2012 freeroll thread in GPC. :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    **** weather, totally ruined my plans for today :(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Bad times. :-(
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Is there an Over/Under on how many times that Finn kicks the stumps over at the bowler's end? Lol

Think I've heard him do it 10 or 11 times so far on the stump mic :') 
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Is anyone still watching this or have we all given up?

Nasser is tilting me this morning with his suggested plan of attack for England. 

What would your strategy be here?

14/1 the England win is good imo, IF Strauss uses his common sense. Big if though. 

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Is anyone still watching this or have we all given up? Nasser is tilting me this morning with his suggested plan of attack for England.  What would your strategy be here? 14/1 the England win is good imo, IF Strauss uses his common sense. Big if though. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I'm still watching :) As for strategies, get Swann in, there's no way that Best is just gonna block him. (Sigh, write that and Nasser says the same thing on commentary 10 seconds later lol)

Can't see us getting enough runs to declare, bowl WI out a second time and chase the runs down in the time remaining. With Narine (considering how we played Ajmal in the UAE), plus only 150 run lead needed to enforce the follow on, if anyone's gonna win this test, it'll be WI, I reckon. Almost certainly going to be a draw but they've got more chance of winning than we do now IMO.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Nasser is talking about batting until lunch tomorrow....

I don't mind giving them a first innings lead, and having a total freeroll on bowling them out a 2nd time, and chosing wether to go ftw, or just bat out for the draw.

At least we have that choice......

We should aim to score 300 off 70 overs, then 10 overs playing like a T20. (ideally)

If not, get 250, but get them asap. Flexability with the batting order etc. KP 3, Prior 4, Bairstow 5, Swann/Broad 6. 

There's no way West Indies can get 20 English wickets in a day and a half. It's impossible.

Have the last hour at them tonight, whatever happens imo!

FREE ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

• Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited June 2012
    Nasser is talking about batting until lunch tomorrow.... I don't mind giving them a first innings lead, and having a total freeroll on bowling them out a 2nd time, and chosing wether to go ftw, or just bat out for the draw. At least we have that choice...... We should aim to score 300 off 70 overs, then 10 overs playing like a T20. (ideally) If not, get 250, but get them asap. Flexability with the batting order etc. KP 3, Prior 4, Bairstow 5, Swann/Broad 6.  There's no way West Indies can get 20 English wickets in a day and a half. It's impossible. Have the last hour at them tonight, whatever happens imo! FREE ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    How about the Windies declaring when Tino hits three figures Mr Dohhhh?! Lol. .  What a shambles this morning!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Sky Bet were offering Tino Best to hit a 6 at 4/1, I was really tempted. Sigh.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Eng vs WI 3rd Test : How about the Windies declaring when Tino hits three figures Mr Dohhhh?! Lol. .  What a shambles this morning!
    Posted by joesman1
    Yes! Media will be loving this, the old rotation system can be slated now!

Still think England can win!!! 
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Aww, gutted :( Wanted him to get 100 so bad.
  • Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited June 2012
    Aww, gutted :( Wanted him to get 100 so bad.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    +1
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I did too, but we can still win this imo.

300 by the end of the day and declare overnight.

2 sessions to bowl them out tomorrow and chase down 220 after tea tomorrow in 40 overs.

Seen worse 80/1 shots!!!