You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Russian Roulette MTTs trial

GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
edited June 2012 in Community Suggestions

All players all-in every hand, payout structure the same as in regular MTTS, possibly using the Bounty Hunter format. Maybe with lower rake because they'll be over very quickly, say 5%.

Many of the low stakes MTTs, particularly Bounty Hunters are being ruined at the moment by what I call 'bingo players'. ie all-in with any two cards from level 1. It's spoiling the games for those of us who want to play proper poker. Myself and others have observed a noticeable increase in these type of players lately. A RR tournament might be just what these guys are looking for, also it may make the regular tournaments more enjoyable again.

Comments

• Options
    kaymackaymac Member Posts: 1,437
    edited May 2012
    In Response to Russian Roulette MTTs trial:
    All players all-in every hand, payout structure the same as in regular MTTS, possibly using the Bounty Hunter format. Maybe with lower rake because they'll be over very quickly, say 5%. Many of the low stakes MTTs, particularly Bounty Hunters are being ruined at the moment by what I call 'bingo players'. ie all-in with any two cards from level 1. It's spoiling the games for those of us who want to play proper poker. Myself and others have observed a noticeable increase in these type of players lately. A RR tournament might be just what these guys are looking for, also it may make the regular tournaments more enjoyable again.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

+1
  • Options
    davelufcdavelufc Member Posts: 1,370
    edited May 2012
    Nice idea fella, like the sound of that.

Could be a bit of fun.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Since posting this suggestion I've been contacted on Facebook by a player supporting the idea. She can't post herself because is currently self-excluded from Sky Poker (and this forum) for six months.

To quote her;

'this is y i self excluded for 6mths sick of the quality of players, shame like cause i miss my forum friends and the banter x' 

'I think its august/sept time its not the 1st time ive self excluded.
    The 1st time i only excluded for a month, but when i came bk nothing had changed so i excluded for 6mths.
    Its bad to see bad poker play and the fact that 99% of the time it gets rewarded.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,926
    edited May 2012
    It would work well as a last minute sattellite. 

For example, an hour before the primo 50 people chuck a quid in, or 25 people chuck 2 quid in, and the winner gets a seat.

Like a raffle. 

I don't think adding these would have any effect at all on the standard of play in the bounty hunters though. 

----------------------

I'm not sure if the quote is a level or not, but maybe your friend should take up a less volatile form of holdem, maybe pot limit, or even limit. 

• Options
    percival09percival09 Member Posts: 3,804
    edited June 2012
    you can't say a tournament is ruined because players are playing how they want with the chips they've bought. They might think you're ruining it by playing what you call 'proper poker'. 
  • Options
    Buster69Buster69 Member Posts: 135
    edited June 2012

Difficult one this but i do agree with Gary, i was playing in a £55 buy in tourney 5000 starting chips 15 minute blinds but yet very first hand 2 people are all in one has AK other has AQ.
    Why would you even think about entering a 15 minute blind tournament if you are just going to jam all in without even seeing a flop?
    Maybe the answer is these russian roulette scheduled tournaments.

• Options
    edited June 2012
  • Options
    jonjo75jonjo75 Member Posts: 999
    edited June 2012
    Having different types of players in an MTT is the beauty of poker. You have to adapt to how they are playing.
    I personally want someone at my table who will stack with AQ pre flop on the first level, if the tourney was full of nits who only played ABC poker it would be very boring.
    Ofcourse sometimes you will get sicked by this type of player but overall i want them playing.