You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Princess Highway -How did we all miss this value!!!

vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,313
edited June 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat
Idonkcallu aside we all seemed to miss this.

I have often said on here the way to win money at this game is to back value. well Princess highway was the value bet of the meeting.

Why ? well you need proper form reading and those horses to run to form to make money at this game. Then you need to bookies to get the odds wrong and they did today.

Princess Highway beat Oaks winner Was well, Was then beat The fugue and Shorrocco Star.

Odds The fugue 9/4 then Princess Highway should be shorter. ie 6/4 or 7/4 . It was 8 or 9's so FORM and VALUE told you to back it.

Unforunately I didnt and the reason being, I couldnt see past Shirrocco because I backed that for Oaks.

Ok you shouldny kick yourself too hard if you missed Princess Highway for good reason but getting tied to a certain horse is BAD

Father V

Lesson to self

Comments

• Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited June 2012
    yeah i opted for a lazy favs treble just but the form was obviously there and welds previous runner won also. just felt even from a single point of view that the fugue form with 'Was' was wrong given the fugue was badly hampered in the oaks and would have cost her a few lengths which she did very well to make up on run in. but princess highway won easily today and hindsights a great thing. i deserted shirocco which i back straight for the oaks at 16's (d'oh!) for same reason, as well as ground not being as fast today, but she ran another great race.
    hope youve spotted the 'form' for tomorrows coronation, i will not be making same mistake again and as a single will be backing Samitar @ 9/2 after Ishvana franking Irsih 1000 guineas form in the Jersey stakes yesterday
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited June 2012
    We all didnt please check 21/6 tip thread lol!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Sorry Badboy I missed you did it as well . Well done
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Princess Highway -How did we all miss this value!!!:
    Sorry Badboy I missed you did it as well . Well done
    Posted by vaigret
    Dont like to brag.
    but donks bad enough without you starting a thread to profess his genuis he does enough of those himself:)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    LOL
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    edited June 2012

Do I need to start my own thread or can I post this in here? :)  25p e/w L15. Started well.....returns of £14 ish....better than my pokerz of late anyway.

Horse RacingRoyal Ascot3.05 Royal Ascot: Ribblesdale StakesWin21/06/2012 15:05Princess Highway (Win) @ 9/1 (17/2) (Each Way: 1/4 for first 3 places.) 
    Horse RacingRoyal Ascot3.45 Royal Ascot: Gold CupWin21/06/2012 15:45Colour Vision (Win) @ 5/1 (6/1) (Each Way: 1/4 for first 3 places.)
    Horse RacingRoyal Ascot4.25 Royal Ascot: Britannia Stakes - Paying 5 PlacesWin21/06/2012 16:25Trader Jack @ 8/1 (Each Way: 1/4 for first 5 places.)
    Horse RacingRoyal Ascot5.00 Royal Ascot: Tercentenary StakesWin21/06/2012 17:00Grandeur @ 11/2 (Each Way: 1/4 for first 3 places.) 
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    no Maxally you are welcome to join us and congrats on your win.