You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

ROYAL ASCOT: Day 5

ms-treems-tree Member Posts: 889
edited June 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat
After a better day yesterday (25/1 and 40/1 placed), hope the last day of the ROYAL meeting goes well too.
So here goes,

2:30  Two horse that i think are overpriced here are EFFIE B and ZANETTO.

EFFIE B's last two runs have been behind CEILING KITTY and SIR PRANCEALOT (winner of a group 2 and 4th this week at Ascot). Those runs where over 5f, and today's race is 7f (so guess work if will improve upped in trip) but at 33/1 worth a try.

ZANETTO ran in a very hot maiden at goodwood. fininshed in midfield behind 3 horses that day that have ran ok at Ascot this week, although 25/1 that day ran with some promise after being slowly away. today he is 50/1 and i think could sneak a place.

3:05  DUNADEN form is for all to see (GROUP 1 Winner, this race a group 2), finished behind AIKEN last time in france but was very slowly run race. Todays race will be quicker with MEMPHIS TENNESSE going to try to make all (very hard to do around Ascot).  Could be set up today for this horse to turn tables with AIKEN at bigger priced odds.  SEA MOON struggled to get the better of DANDINO (who struggles in group races), cant figure out why this horse is the FAV (must be trainer, who has good record in race). DUNADEN for me cracking E/w price with great chance of winning this too 11/2.

3:45  Watching breif i think, hope BLACK CAVIAR wins well, but for us punters no point in race other then watching how the british horses run for future reference.

4:25  Two horse here i like, MORACE MUSIC and MEDICEAN MAN.

MORACE MUSIC  although gone up 14lb since last win (here at Ascot in AUG 2011) has been running well in 2 runs this year to suggest higher mark holds no fears, 1st time out this year ran 3rd to OUR JONATHAN after being very slow away (only beaten 1 3/4l) then ran in listed race won by LIBRANNO (again slowly away, but looked winner 2f out when checked badly for a run). Both them runs off todays mark.

MEDICEAN MAN  i think best handicapped horse in race by far, loves it around Ascot (ran 7 times, won 3 and placed in 2)  also run in KINGS STAND (Group 1)  staying on very strong that day to suggest 6f holds no fears. massive price if in same mood as that last run 14/1.

Last two races look very tricky, love to to SIMEON ran well in lucky last (price a bit skinny though).

RECAP:   2:30  EFFIE B  33/1   £1 E/w
                      ZANETTO  50/1   £1 E/w

3:05   DUNADEN  11/2   £5 E/w

4:25   MORACE MUSIC  20/1  £2 E/w
                       MEDICAN MAN  14/1  £4 E/w

10x 50p E/w Doubles
4x 25p E/w Trebles

Total Stake  £ 33.00

Gl all if having a bet today.

Comments

• Options
    ms-treems-tree Member Posts: 889
    edited June 2012
    Tiny loss today, cant believe DUNADEN didn't win, so frustrated this week.

Hope you all done well this week (very hard week). but theres allways next week lol.

gl england and all having a bet this week too.