You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Enough low stakes cash games?

Hogg321Hogg321 Member Posts: 260
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Sky poker is a unique site in that it'll have many many new players playing at the bottom levels from people flicking through liking what they see on sky poker TV and people who use bet/bingo/vegas just wanting a go. Sky poker is a slow, but more community based compared to other sites, making sky attractive to your newbies, but unattractive to people  who want to do poker online seriously.

So if sky is more community based with more poker newbies wanting to play at the lowest level, are there enough options?

The majority of people who find sky poker will probably stick down a cheeky £20 (like most of us started off with on our first site) and its basically a certainty they'll go bust, not solely because of inexperience but a lack of low enough stakes

Usually the guidelines is 20 buyins for your cash, 25 for sit n go tables, 40 buyins for your MTTs

so 2p/4p means you need a bankroll of £80 to keep on top of variance
30p SnGs means you need a bankroll of £7.50
£2.20 MTT's (£1 MTTs run very rarely)  £88

So your only option is to play SnGs, but is that really enough to attract new players into sky? £20 down, play a few MTTs buyin to a couple of cash games and within a few hours your £20 is gone, most of them wont continue playing will they? i say this sort of thing because you see sites running micro MTTs and cash games at 10p for an MTT and 1c/2c cash games.

Are there enough different games for low stakes players to get into poker and play it more often increasing the numbers on sky?

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited November 2009

When u start, forget money, u can play for free. When u move from play money to real money, forget bankrolls, test the water, see how it goes. I reckon bankroll management applies to established players (as long as u dnt go crackers early doors). Just test the water n see how it goes, forget bankrolls iny it, the early part of ur poker career, just stik 20 quid on on a friday night, get a few beers in, enjoy it, n see where it teks ya!

DOHH
  • Options
    MajjMajj Member Posts: 99
    edited November 2009
    I think Dohhh is right (!) - If you're a poker newbie you will not be at all concerned about BRM. When you're at the stage when you think you can start making money i.e. you've learnt the game and improved then £80 shouldn't be too much of an investment
  • Options
    SHANXTASHANXTA Member Posts: 1,507
    edited November 2009
    no reason why there couldn't be a 1p/2p cash game though